San Angelo, TX
Angelo State University DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #8 (Taken 7/2009)

Great introductory cource

1    12/27/2012   12/28/2012
Review By: quietman2005
Pros: Very well maintained on a beautiful campus. Pleanty of trees to use as shade in the summer. Lots of friendly people around.
Cons: Dont even bother using the map you will find in the Links above. It is not even close to the currant lay out. We walked around for over 30 minutes trying to find hole #1 and just decided to play starting at the first hole we could find. Even a man who worked on the campus didn't know where hole 1 was.
Other Thoughts: I just found the updated map of the course. It can be found at the link above of the course home page. The link that says course map/scorecard needs to be removed because it is wrong.

Finally, some fun at college

1    6/11/2010   6/18/2010
Review By: bayouace
Pros: Fun, short, very shady course. My wife enjoyed it and you can get some good mid-range work here. Challenging enough, lots of trees. Baskets are nice. Well-marked tee posts. A few wide-open holes and most with some trees on them. Moves you all over a very pretty campus.
Cons: Need a map available somewhere. Construction going on caused us to not find 13 and 14, but we didn't look long. Also, 9 is right up against a construction trailer so we skipped that one. The other 15 are fun.The course could get heavily walked by college students during the busy day, but we played in the evening between spring and summer classes. Mostly straight with slight hyzers or annies. Nothing real pronounced. No real blind holes.
Other Thoughts: Start on 1 on the far west side of campus and then it flows well. We started on 11 because that's the first hole we saw. You'll have to be aware of walkers. Some holes are close to sidewalks, so you can scuff up the cheaper plastic.Grass and sidewalk tees. Didn't see any fountains, but there have to be fountains and restrooms in the buildings when open. We were traveling and went to the course from the motel for a very pleasant refresher before the evening meal. I'll stop again.

5+    2/16/2008   2/23/2009
Review By: biggio1
This review was updated on 5/30/2009
Pros: On a College Campus so safe and well lit. Great for nite golf and midrange practice. Ace run course. Just added another 9 holes to make it an 18 hole course.
Cons: Short. No alcohol is allowed on campus. Watch out for cars. Oops.
Other Thoughts: Fun course, better than the pole course they had.

2-4    12/30/2008   1/2/2009
Review By: WD09
Pros: Brand new DisCatcher baskets. Many baskets are well-protected by trees. The grounds are very well-maintained, as can be expected from a university campus. This is a great course for beginners to learn on.
Cons: This course is exceptionally short. So much so that many of the holes are marked "Par 2." That is the only real problem. The holes that are a little longer are enjoyable. Also, I played between college semesters, but there were still some students using sidewalks who did not understand what we were doing with the discs and the baskets. I imagine that would be a real problem during semesters.
Other Thoughts: If the holes on this course were longer, it would certainly merit a high rating. I believe it is a great place to take your kids to play if they are learning. I started by rating it 1.5 because of how short it is, but I talked myself into raising the rating by thinking out the Pros.