Asheville, NC
The Meadows DGC Share
Uploaded By: LeeLK Hole #8 (Taken 3/2014)
-- / -- Par / Distance:

Nice Little Course

1    4/14/2011   4/14/2011
Review By: Zenzubar
Pros: Nice course to just have fun and hang with some friends. Baskets are good and the course is out of everyone liveing theres way for the most part. Good place to work on your short game.
Cons: Tee pads a little small and no signs (but not to hard to figgerout). A few shots were kind of close to the apartments but no one seemed to mind. Main con was if you make a bad shot on some you might can lose a disc, this could be fixed if they would cut back the brush along the course.
Other Thoughts: Would not drive real far for or go out of my way to play this one but if you know some one that lives there or even better if your looking for a place to live its nice to have a Disc Golf course right there to play with your friends on..

Cool... if I lived there.

1    7/2/2009   7/5/2009
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
- This course has the opportunity to introduce tons of kids and families to the sport of Disc Golf. I can only hope that the residence take advantage of it.
- Since it is in an apartment complex, and the prospective players are average people living there, it is good that this course is short for them to get the hang of the game.
Cons:
- I felt grimy playing next to peoples bedroom windows and balconies. I felt like I wasn't supposed to be there (which, now I know I wasn't... you have to be or be with a resident). Either way... it felt weird being so close to peoples privacy.
- The tee-pads were small... and hole 2's tee-pad is on a 45 degree angle upwards and sideways.
- It would be very possible to throw a disc into someones window, balcony or satellite dish. I imagine beginners would be hyzering into the buildings constantly.
- If I lived here, I would be stoked. I would play a few practice holes every day. Some of the holes are well designed and not necessarily gimme birdies, good shots are required to get them... but a mediocre shot will still yield a par.
My Score: -4