Henderson, NV
#6 Tee Pad looking toward Basket

Afterthought ...

1    1/29/2011   2/1/2011
Review By: drickanderson
Pros: - Beautiful grass. It looks like this park is really well-kept. The grass, and basketball courts were in great condition.

- Nice baskets. The baskets were multi-colored, and in fantastic condition.

- Great view. It plays downhill, so you have a wonderful view of the Las Vegas valley the entire time you're playing.
Cons: - Short holes. I played this entire course with my Zone and my Meteor. An experienced player probably wouldn't need the Meteor.

- Traffic/People. The course plays right through two basketball courts, a soccer field, and what looked like a lacrosse field. Both courts were being used, and somebody was practicing football when we played.

- Basket placement. I've played courses where there are 1 or 2 baskets on a hill, providing a unique challenge, but having every single basket on a steep hill is frustrating.

- Course layout. No matter where you park, you're going to have a lot of walking to do, as this course plays one-way down a long drainage ditch/area. You either have to park at the first hole, and walk back when you're done, or vice versa.
Other Thoughts: This whole course felt like an afterthought. It was almost as if they were told they could put a disc golf course in, but only if the baskets didn't get in the way. They were all 'hidden' on the fringes of the course.

Even if I lived in this community, I would probably just make the 10 minute drive up to Sunset, rather than play this course.

Not worth it

1    10/10/2008   3/11/2009
Review By: Sleeping Giant
Pros: I didn't die during play. I guess I can put that down as a pro. If you lived in the neighborhood it would be pretty cool to practice and what not. The park itself is pretty nice and well manicured.
Cons: The course is in a park, which also doubles as a flood water basin so that makes for some interesting times. The basket placement is pretty poor. They are located on the edged of the grass, always on a slope, sometimes 10-15 feet up the slope and in a bush. One of the baskets (5 I believe) was actually in a bee infested bush, that was fun getting my putter back... Like I said, it's a flood basin, so it's extremely narrow with houses on one side with rather short fences, and the park's level descends a good 100 feet or so as you play down. Also, being a neighborhood park, you have to deal with soccer fields, basketball courts, and old ladies walking their dogs that like to help you out by picking up your discs for you. Lastly, the holes go from one side of the park to the other in a direct line. So, you can either park at 9 and walk to 1. Or, you can park at 1, play 9 holes, then walk all the way back uphill to your car.

It's tons of fun.
Other Thoughts: Unless you live in Anthem, you get to drive a nice distance for about 30 minutes of sub-par play.

Overall, it's a nice course to practice mid-range approaches and set-up drives. I drove with my Gator for most of the course. It's too narrow and short for anything else.