Corsicana, TX
Fullerton-Garrity DGC Share
Uploaded By: Tree Magnet Hole #1 (Taken 6/2010)

1 2 Next >

1    9/3/2009   9/7/2009
Review By: sidewinding
Pros: Beautiful neighborhood park even though it is pretty open.

Excellent signs tell you everthing you need to know to play this course.

The distances on this nine hole course are just unbelievable. I did not realize that the distances were not posted on this site or I would have written them down and posted them. I'm pretty sure that at least 7 of the nine holes are over 400' and a few are over 500' and a couple are over 600'. This may be the longest nine hole course in the country which is why I think it deserves a little higher rating than it's been getting.

Did I mention this ain't no pitch an putt course?
Cons: A few of the holes are bordered by fenced backyards which could result in lost discs, especially if the owners are not home and there's a big viscious dog in the backyard.

A constant stream of walkers, joggers, and bike riders means you will have plenty of breaks during a round.

One hole has you throwing too close to a playscape and another has you throwing real close to a tennis court.

This course is probably pretty brutal during mid summer due to the lack of shade trees. It was cloudy and breezy when I played.

Beginners will not like this course because of the long distances.

No elevation changes, water, or any real technical holes. Just long distances.
Other Thoughts: I love specialty course like this and I believe they have there place. What Corsicana needs now is a nine hole course with shorter technical holes to balance this one out.

Clean Park

2-4    5/6/2009   5/10/2009
Review By: corsicana420
Pros: Nice clean family park. Seems to be a good park for newbies because of the wide open layout. Bathrooms and water fountain on site.
Cons: Kinda scary throwing some drives because # 3 crosses a walking trail with a blind drive. Also # 6 has a bailout area which is the playground.

Don't waste your time

1    4/24/2009   4/24/2009
Review By: 35867
Pros: Nice clean park, new equipment, easy to navigate.
Cons: A little dangerous. Hole 3 is a blind dogleg that crosses a walking path twice. Hole 6 is a long hole with the bailout area for a RHFH drive or LHBH drive being a childrens playground. Hole 9 plays along the parking lot with the teepad being +/- 15 ft. from the concrete and the basket being +/- 50 ft. from the concrete. A local I played with drilled a car on that hole.
Other Thoughts: I have family in Ennis a few miles north of Corsicana, so I was glad to see baskets in the ground so close. With the closest courses being Cedar Hill or Athens there does not appear to be a lot of disc golfers in the area and in my opinon the holes should have been shorter to allow beginner play. Not very many beginners will return to a wide open course with 600ft+ holes. While I did enjoy a few of the long holes I do prefer a more technical course. Next time it's back to Cedar Hill.

F.Y.I.

1    4/3/2009   4/4/2009
Review By: giles
Pros: Well kept park, drinking fountain, play-ground, tennis court, new baskets & signs, nice natural tee pads, short walk from basket to tee, easy to navigate, no graffiti or trash, 10 min off freeway.
Cons: Popular walking path comes into play
Other Thoughts: Long holes and short trees made for a boring round. My girl and I played it on the way to Houston for TX State Championships to break up the drive. It was an hour to get to the park, play and get back on the road. After 9 we had no desire to play it again. It was a nice little town and a clean park. I hit one tree in 9 holes, a big arm will just take them out of play.

1 2 Next >