Pensacola, FL
Blue Angel Park - Palmetto DGC Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #11 (Taken 7/2010)
Hole #11 Pro Tee Sign

1    1/19/2013   1/21/2013
Review By: wwjdjoey@aol.com
Pros: This course is best I have ever played. When I say course, I mean the experience of playing all three. We met the park manager, Jay when we got there who invited us to play with him after finding out we had never played course. The previous manager, mike who helped design the course also played. This helped a lot in navigating the courses. Not all courses have people this helpful as I have been to many cities and had to figure them out by myself as no one invited me to throw with them. The holes are not very long, unless you play from pro tees which should take care of that complaint, but more than make up for it by being extremely technical. They all have a window to make your throw or a well defined fairway. You can get in trouble a lot by missing fairway or window and find yourself in jail but with short holes, you are usually able to save a par or at worst a bogey.
All holes had garbage cans that were emptied daily and there were even water coolers at strategic places that were refilled daily. I have never seen that before on a dgc. They also have a driving range that has markers every 50 feet to gauge your distance. Never even heard of that at a dgc. We didn't make it to that but am going back in two weeks and am looking forward to trying that. It was very shady with all the trees and the breeze off the bay that boarders the course was nice. There is even a good selection of discs at the little store close by that you can buy very reasonable and has discs that you can rent which is another first for me. The course also had little flyers tees on most holes that were a lot closer and benches at every hole.
Cons: Going to be hard to find but I will mention a few as I always try to look at both sides of any situation. For you guys that like to air it out, there are hardly any holes you can do this. The pro tees that are long have some serious dog legs to the right or left that stop you from just throwing hard. On the longer straight fairways, you have to keep it low and tight or you will be in trouble.
The course is not real close to any restaurants (there is a Hardee's not too far away) so you should bring lunch or you can pick up a microwaveable sandwich and chips at store which was fine with me as I came to throw, not eat. You should bring bug spray as for some reason I (noone else seemed to have this problem) was getting bit by probably no see-ums which is odd for this time of year but this is northwest fla. you will def need it during summer with close vicinity to water as swatting mosquitoes all day can be a drag. Only negatives I can think of.
Other Thoughts: Enjoyed this park so much that I am going to drive the 100 miles from Panama City in two weeks and stay there for the whole weekend to get in two days of playing. Thank you to Jay and Mike for your hospitality.

My favorite course

5+    3/27/2012   4/3/2012
Review By: AvengerTruth
Pros: Very clean, well kept course. Water jugs at multiple locations on all 3 courses. Variety of tough shots that will teach you to be accurate. My personal favorite course out of the courses in the area. Mobile included. Great signage, great tee boxes, marina/store to buy discs, bags, snacks, drinks etc.
Cons: Not much distance. Only one shot I can think of that you really have to rip on. Not a big deal, but I know how some people like to throw bombs
Other Thoughts: Great course, along with the others at Blue Angel. Bring some finesse game with you, you wont need the huge arm for this course. Very fun, very clean. Family friendly course

Palmetto and The Oaks

5+    2/28/2010   10/3/2010
Review By: JoeDubb
This review was updated on 9/21/2011
Pros: What can I say that hasn't been said? It's an awesome course on a great piece of land. I wish that I could have stayed longer but I know one day I will return. Great course to play in the winter if you are in Pensacola, FL.
Cons: The only con I can think of is that there are not enough courses like this one. It takes a truly dedicated group of people to produce such a memorable course.