Republic, MO
Miller Park Lucky 13 Share
Uploaded By: birdman101 Hole #3 (Taken 7/2011)

Lucky For Who?

1    6/15/2010   6/22/2010
Review By: Donovan
Pros: This is a simple layout that is easy to navigate. This is a wide-open straight shot kind of course. There is one hole that you have to go around a big tree near the basket and one that has some OB sort of near the basket, but otherwise it is fairly straight shots. They do make good use of the slight elevation that is available. The course does have some par 4's and 3's, even if the 4's are a bit short. They are mowing here rather regularly so it seems to be well maintained. The baskets are in great shape.
Cons: The tee pads are wooded frames laid in the ground. Dirt ruts are included along with the end of the pad being a tripping hazard. Finding #1 tee is no treat. It is located between the road and the tallest water slide. The locals I spoke too usually start on hole 11 and go from there since it is very close to a parking area. It might have just been the way it felt that day, but it did seem as though almost every hole was about 300 feet except maybe 2 of them. #1 tee and #18 basket are not that close to the parking area. There were no trashcans along the course. There is no bathroom on the course itself, although when the pool is open, I am guessing you can use that one.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor was not really my cup of tea. There is nothing wrong with this course; I just found it kind of boring. I don't think there was one hole that I wanted to throw a second tee shot on. It is a clean and nice place to play, but I doubt I would make a return to play it again. 13 may be lucky for some, but I found it just OK.