Boerne, TX
Boerne City Lake Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: dgdoctor Hole #9 (Taken 3/2009)
Tee # 9 Long Box

Good 9 hole

2-4    2/17/2010   2/21/2010
Review By: Froztfx
Pros: Some nice challenging holes, love the baskets. Pleased to have played the course.
Cons: Would not have played the more than once if the booth was open to charge to get into the lake. The course was really muddy when I played both times so dont go in your sunday best lol.

A Texas Gem!

2-4    7/2/2009   7/8/2009
Review By: bayouace
Pros: Really fun course with plenty of good parking, shade, rest rooms. Maps available at the entrance booth, at Hole #1, and online here. Can make this a family outing with the lake to swim in and grill or picnic on shore. This is a 9 holer with options on every hole - a Houck tradition. Take a chance and score well, or pay the price if you don't hit the throw. The lake was dry on the edge, so #2, #8 and #9 had less risk that day. #9 is the biggest water risk usually, unless you putt past the holes on #2 and #8. #3 and # 6 can be long buggers with pro and short tees. Good mulch tee pads. I thought the map was really good, and had no problem navigating the course. Every hole has obstacles for you to choose your poison. If you can't throw straight, you are going to be beating in some discs. Hole #8 is really the only straight hole. All others range from decent curves - annie and hyzer, to blind baskets on #3 and #6. Most of the holes allow you to recover with a good second shot. I'd say if you can't approach OK, you're in trouble. A Pro for me was that this course does not punish discers who are not big arms on every hole. Its a fair balance in all aspects, really. Good job, John, for design and use of terrain!
Cons: Cost my wife and I $8 to get in for our non-resident vehicle. $6 for residents. It was moving to 100 degrees, but hey, that's July in Texas. More vegetation than showing in the course pictures here, but no danger of losing a disc in it.
Other Thoughts: Turn left after entering to get to the parking area closest to Hole #1. If you want the long box for #3, look behind you as you finish #2 and walk out to what you think is #3 long. It isn't. For my skills, City Lake was easier to score pars on than Bandera. They are 20 miles apart and I would play both the same day. Finish at Bandera, and have some afternoon rehab at the 11th Street Cowboy Bar. To get to City Lake Park take I-10 West to Ranger Road, exit, go under I-10 and immediately turn right, stay on service road to Park. This will be a must stop for me on future trips to visit my brother in Bandera.

Fun 9 holes

1    4/1/2009   6/12/2009
Review By: Part-Time Ninja
Pros: Good lay out, Solid variety of throws needed for success. Good surrounding, next to the pond. (I'm from Michigan and refuse to call that a lake.)
Well put together park
Cons: 18 would have been nice. I don't really have anything bad to say...I've only played once.
Other Thoughts: Make it 18!!!!