Boerne, TX
Boerne City Lake Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: dgdoctor Hole #6 (Taken 3/2009)
Tee #6 Long Box

Fun course, great setting

1    7/31/2012   8/3/2012
Review By: FallenOak
Pros: Varied shot selection
Signage/Map
Challenging yet extremely fun
Cons: The only con (and the only reason for this review because I didn't see it mentioned in any other) are the rocks that mark/outline the tee pads. They are big, 3'x2', so you think it would be obvious, (and I'm generally not a dummy) but on the follow through of a RHFH drive, my right foot smashed into one of these boulders pretty dang hard. With the tee signs and the well worn boxes, it would be nice if maybe those became "benches".
Other Thoughts: Check out sidewinding and JerryChereston's reviews for more complete/accurate reviews IMO.

My GF, my dog, and I played this course on a short get away and it was perfect for what we needed. Seeing as it was the end of July, we made sure to wear swim wear to play in and literally walked from 9's basket into the water. It was awesome to be able to cool off and relax that quickly after a hot/fun round.

It was a weekday so the water/park were being used, but it wasn't packed. I could see it filling up on the weekends though.

I WILL play this course again and am jealous it is not closer.

Bats in Boerne

1    7/22/2012   7/26/2012
Review By: soonerpa
Pros: In my first 6 months of playing now and I have to say this is easily one of my favorite courses yet. Coming from flat Houston, TX this is a nice change up.

Nice variety in only 9 holes.
Wooded. Open. Straight. Dog legs. Up and down. Water nearby.

Tees and baskets mostly clearly marked and seen. A few holes have enough dog leg that you reall cant see the basket but just adds to the "drama".

Cons: I can only think of two things.
1- It cost $8 to enter the park. Its only a con for me because I wasnt expecting it. The positive side of this is that the course is well maintained. Could use a little trash pick up but the grass was cut, limbs mostly picked up etc.
2- It needs to be 9 holes longer, ha. Just enjoyed it so much I didnt want to stop playing it.
Other Thoughts: Definitely a fave.