New Bern, NC
Glenburnie Park Share
Uploaded By: keltik Hole #3 (Taken 6/2010)
3 / --   3 / 252ft.   3 / 295ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #3 White Tee

Love this course!

5+    8/27/2013   9/2/2013
Review By: Hollywood
Pros: In this part of eastern North Carolina, this is by far one of the best. I have had the opportunity to play this course many times and it always poses a new challenge each time. The first few baskets are pretty open which provide a great warmup before slowly working into the wooded baskets on the back nine.
Cons: When it rains, its a swamp. No two ways about it. If its rained recently or if you play this course during the summer and experience a true southern t-storm, you'll be sloshing through water on many of the fairways.
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses to play and helped me greatly develop my game without being too overly difficult but not very easy either.

1st Run

2-4    1/18/2013   1/18/2013
Review By: clementsjd1
Pros: - Bathrooms available
- Had a very good mixture of holes, some very technical shots to be made here which I enjoy.
- Well marked tee's
- Map of the course at the beginning, I took a picture which helped me navigate much easier.
Cons: - Rude dog walkers is my only complaint.
Other Thoughts: Every course I have ever played on I have seen at one time or another someone walking their dog, or playing with their kids at the park, for the most part they stay clear of the course. At this particular course we waited 10 minutes for a lady with her dogs after politely letting her know we were trying to throw our discs down past her, in a very rude tone she yelled back we have the right to walk here to, we just laughed and waited the reason we laughed is she was standing there playing with her dogs in the middle of the fairway when their was a huge fenced in dog park 10 feet away from her. Maybe this course could use a walking trail.

Top 5 Courses

2-4    4/6/2012   4/13/2012
Review By: LeeBo
Pros: Very well designed course and one of my favorites played. Alternate basket on hole #2. Needed different shots all around (backhand, forehand, thumbs, etc.). Long holes to rip one, and short holes to keep accuracy. Beautiful sight and very maintained.
Cons: Expecting a water hole or two, but it doesn't come into play (unless you get a badshot, hole #8) Couple of trees need to come down.
Other Thoughts: You will need to bring your A game if you want to shoot a good score from the blues.The water fountain is amazing, taste like it has splenda in it.