New Bern, NC
Glenburnie Park Share
Uploaded By: keltik Hole #8 (Taken 6/2010)
4 / --   4 / 271ft.   4 / 473ft.   4 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #8 Blue Tee

< Prev 1 2 3
Neutral

2-4    6/1/2014   6/2/2014
Review By: _willdavis
Pros: The Front 9. I love the first half of the course. Great design and beautiful layout. Uphill, downhill, straight, left and right holes provide for diverse approaches at each tee. There's a few water risks here and there but the fun kind! Having it right next to that beautiful New Bern water is a definite plus.

There are a lot of regular locals that play and maintain the course. Everyone was super friendly.
Cons: The back 9. Things start to get a little silly. Mostly because of the trees. Whether you are a pro or beginner-you will hit a tree on the back 9. Still a great layout! But there is only truly wide open hole on the back 9. There is a water treatment plant there and you may catch a wiff of that if there's a tailwind. Also theres a few risks with cars parked. It's at a large park so there was lots of families grilling out. I landed one in the parking lot beside the basket and thanks to a car. My good driver was flattened by a bad driver if you know what I mean.
Other Thoughts: Overall it was fun! One of those courses where its good to play for the experience but definitely not a destination course for me. But if I'm in the area again, I'll probably go back.

ECUDG

1    4/7/2014   4/7/2014
Review By: Rmldchi
Pros: Very scenic course, it's set right off a river. Set up well for a back handed thrower. All the holes are par 3's. Concrete pads with great DG baskets
Cons: picnic areas set up in the middle of the course. If you go play this course; then play it early.
Other Thoughts: a course that beginners can play

Love this course!

5+    8/27/2013   9/2/2013
Review By: Hollywood
Pros: In this part of eastern North Carolina, this is by far one of the best. I have had the opportunity to play this course many times and it always poses a new challenge each time. The first few baskets are pretty open which provide a great warmup before slowly working into the wooded baskets on the back nine.
Cons: When it rains, its a swamp. No two ways about it. If its rained recently or if you play this course during the summer and experience a true southern t-storm, you'll be sloshing through water on many of the fairways.
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses to play and helped me greatly develop my game without being too overly difficult but not very easy either.

1st Run

2-4    1/18/2013   1/18/2013
Review By: clementsjd1
Pros: - Bathrooms available
- Had a very good mixture of holes, some very technical shots to be made here which I enjoy.
- Well marked tee's
- Map of the course at the beginning, I took a picture which helped me navigate much easier.
Cons: - Rude dog walkers is my only complaint.
Other Thoughts: Every course I have ever played on I have seen at one time or another someone walking their dog, or playing with their kids at the park, for the most part they stay clear of the course. At this particular course we waited 10 minutes for a lady with her dogs after politely letting her know we were trying to throw our discs down past her, in a very rude tone she yelled back we have the right to walk here to, we just laughed and waited the reason we laughed is she was standing there playing with her dogs in the middle of the fairway when their was a huge fenced in dog park 10 feet away from her. Maybe this course could use a walking trail.

3-4 holes away from being 2 different courses.

1    11/18/2012   11/18/2012
Review By: prerube
Pros: Dual concrete tees, nice tee signs and next tee signs for navigation.
Most of the short tees are far different than the longer tees.
Red practice basket and a large rod attached to a tree near the water for fishing out discs.
5 was a great valley shot with a steep blind drop off after the basket.
Hole 7 featured 2 totally different lines to a blind basket just feet from the water.
Hole 8 was nearly 500 feet from the far (nearly 300 from short) with water on right and scattered trees on left over rolling hills.Basket on top of hill.
Cons: 4 of the first 5 baskets are on a slope and it seems that this will be become a course gimick, but it is not as common later in the course.
Parking lot on left next to basket 3 and nearly touching tee 4.
Holes 6, 10, and 12 shared one tee and one tee and one basket which prevented it from being 2 very different sets of 18.
I had to throw over my car and directly at a dog park on 17.
The smell from the waster treatment plant was horrid, but somehow only a factor on hole 18 and as you are entering and leaving.
Other Thoughts: FREE waterfront camping less than 20 minutes away on Riverdale road in the Croatian National Forest. (turn across from Fuel Market, turn right towards dead end, turn left and follow dirt road to camp sites.
Wind coming off the water was intense.
I did loose one disc in the water, so it is possible, but not common.

1    10/20/2012   10/20/2012
Review By: chainbangers
Pros: -Good Signage
-Nice clean park
-Challenging
-Amenities on site
Cons: -Lumberjack was in the middle of the fairway cutting up a tree on hole 4 that really slowed down play because he wouldn't get out of the way
-Got pretty busy and cramped from local club
Other Thoughts: Best course in area

Great Course

5+    9/1/2012   9/1/2012
Review By: Andrew_Wilson
Pros: Great course uses a little of everything from short hole to long holes. Open fairways to tight shots in the trees. Holes to backhand on and holes to flick it makes you use a variety of skills so you have to know how to do all of it if you wanna throw a good round.
Other Thoughts: Concrete teepads. New tee signs on both whites and blue. The members and local discgolf players keep up with the course and it's only getting better

Top 5 Courses

2-4    4/6/2012   4/13/2012
Review By: LeeBo
Pros: Very well designed course and one of my favorites played. Alternate basket on hole #2. Needed different shots all around (backhand, forehand, thumbs, etc.). Long holes to rip one, and short holes to keep accuracy. Beautiful sight and very maintained.
Cons: Expecting a water hole or two, but it doesn't come into play (unless you get a badshot, hole #8) Couple of trees need to come down.
Other Thoughts: You will need to bring your A game if you want to shoot a good score from the blues.The water fountain is amazing, taste like it has splenda in it.

Fun Course!

2-4    1/29/2012   1/31/2012
Review By: rpitt08
Pros: This course is east to navigate. The short tees are pretty easy. Play the long tees to challenge yourself. A few of the holes play along water. A couple of the holes have extreme rollaway danger near the basket so you'd better be aware of wen to lay up. Restrooms on site and plenty of places to sit along the way.
Cons: Nothing of note.
Other Thoughts: This course was destroyed by a storm in the Fall of 2010. It is back up and looking fantastic! Amazing to see what disc golfers can do to get their course in order!

One of my favorite courses

2-4    7/4/2011   7/5/2011
Review By: teej
Pros: Elevation is awesome. I love the idea of throwing from one hilltop to another. I found myself throwing throwing thumbers and flicking also instead of just backhanding each hole. There are ace opportunities. There are a good combination of short and long holes. The concrete tees are new, they were not there the last time I played at Glenburnie. It is a beautiful course especially when you get near the river. Navigation is very easy. The tee signs are done very well. The park is very family friendly. They have bathrooms on sight, shelters, benches and a play set for the kids to play on. It seems like a good safe area to bring the family.
Cons: Sewage place is right beside the course and can be a little smelly down wind from it. There are some hole very close of crossing each other. I found myself waiting just in case so we don't get into other golfers way.
Other Thoughts: Right now, This is one of my favorite courses to play. Too bad I am 2 hours away or I would be there every week. I will play this course and their pdga tournaments whenever I get a chance!

< Prev 1 2 3