3 Helpful / 5 Not
D+ = Doesn't have much happenin' for a 9 holer
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution -- C- (would have graded it lower except hole 3 might be the best risk-reward par 3 I have ever seen! Tough shot to get to pin, but a blind pond adds a ton of risk on errant throws. I have added a couple photos of this. Very cool!)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max -- C- (Most holes are too long or clogged to deuce, but too short to make a 3 rewarding.)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C- (Hole 8 is the best hole - 250-ish thru a narrow R-L fairway of mature trees.)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C- (The beauty is incredible with a river, a stream, beautiful trees and grass. It is so crowded into the park that it is dangerous. Unfortunately, that counteracts the beauty.)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- D+ (See #2. There are legitimate, but horrible par 4s since you can not get onto the dance floor in one throw on several holes.)
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
3 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.