Dallas, GA
White Oak Park Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #3 (Taken 1/2009)
Hole #3 Red Tee

1    9/8/2013   9/13/2013
Review By: Drizzt09
Pros: Elevation
Good mix open and wooded holes
Cons: Natural teepads needs some work
Needs tee signs
Needs next tee signs to show where to go
New updated map to show where to go
Need to put holes 13&14 back in play
Other Thoughts: This course is very challenging. If most of the cons are corrected this could be a four disc course.

Bring your climbings shoes

1    9/8/2013   9/9/2013
Review By: Subicon
Pros: -Elevation
-Distance
Cons: -Missing holes (12 & 13)
-Almost no signage
-Map is confusing and outdated
-Hole 9's basket is broken
-Natural tee pads
Other Thoughts: Despite my low rating of this course, I did really enjoy playing here. Despite being fairly open on the front nine, the distances and pin placements made for a good challenge. If the missing/broken baskets are fixed and replaced, signs added, map re-done, and tee pads upgraded, this will be a solid 4 disc course.

White Oak

2-4    8/19/2011   8/21/2011
Review By: 3OrangeWhips
Pros:
- one of the best pieces of public park land used for a disc golf course
- great course layout taking advantage of the terrain
- throws up, down, along and across the rolling terrain
- water in play on the closing three holes
- one of the best opening holes I have played
- shiny new DisCatcher baskets
- no crowds or interference
Cons:
- natural tee pads with gravel are rutted and unsafe
- hard to find tee pads and blind baskets
- no tee signs or other navigation aids; very hard to navigate
- most of the original PVC tee markers are gone
- beware: the bridges across the creek near hole #12 are not very sturdy
- beware: the stacks of 4x4 used as a bridge on #17 are wobbly and fell over when I walked on them
Other Thoughts: I guess it is about time I write a review for White Oak since it has been almost two years since I first played there in 2009 right after the course first opened. Back then I remembered thinking how much potential the course had, but two years later that is still the case. The piece of land is incredible and the course layout takes perfect advantage of it. The opening hole has you throwing along a ridge line with the basket on the downhill point--a great way to start. The rest of the front nine plays up, down and across these hills with just enough trees to make you think. The middle section is wooded with extreme elevation, and the final three holes play along and across a pond. The fairways are grassy and always well maintained, although the low lying areas can flood during rains. The big drawback is the lack of tee signs and navigational aids and the poor tee pads. I recently played White Oak for the third time and gave up on hole 13 when I could not find the basket even after scouting over two hills. Nearly all of the temporary tee posts from two years ago are gone, making it nearly impossible to find the gravel tee pads that are well hidden amongst the hilly terrain. The tee pads are rutted and covered with pea gravel, and a 4x4 across the front edge is a serious tripping hazard if your run-up goes long. I agree with other reviewers that ding this course points because there are zero amenities (tee pads, benches, signs, etc.) and navigation is confusing. Despite the negatives, this is a beautiful course that just needs some additional development to fulfill its potential.

Could be so much better

1    8/11/2010   8/11/2010
Review By: MarkDanielle
This review was updated on 8/17/2010
Pros: This wasn't one of those courses where you just throw your driver as far as you can. This course actually required imagination. One hole might have you throw it a little to the right or left. Another had you throwing over water. On some courses I throw a driver and a putter and that's it. But this one was a tad longer than most and required a little imagination, with me using almost all of my discs for one reason or another

Was well-groomed

Water fountain near No. 1 worked well (and the water was good and cold)
Cons: Entrance to the park had a bunch of signs, but not one directed us to hole No. 1

We had LOTS of trouble figuring out in which direction to throw our discs. Is it so difficult to post a map of the hole somewhere on the tee pad?

We had no idea which way to walk to get to the next tee. Again, is it so difficult to include on the tee basket a sign, with an arrow, that shows the way to the next tee?
Other Thoughts: Course could potentially be one of the best in the area. But I won't play it again until hole-specific maps AND "next tee" arrows are added. I just don't want to waste any more time trying to figure things out. On a few holes, we actually threw to the wrong basket. After this happened a second time I simply picked up my disc and refused to play another hole until we found matching tee boxes and holes.