Dallas, GA
White Oak Park Share
Uploaded By: whalaw Hole #14 (Taken 11/2009)

Course Changes (Temp?)

5+    7/26/2010   8/4/2010
Review By: Bakenstine
This review was updated on 9/10/2010
Pros: _Hole 5 Connection!_ (Chillaxation spot before or after hole 5)
PROS for CHANGES made: 9 is no longer blind, and does not risk lakage. 10 has been cleared very nicely along the old rough of 9. 11 is simply old 10, which I liked, glad to see it in tact. 12 is old 11, yet is longer and across the creek... Tricky placement indeed! 13 is immensely long now. I LOVE a long arse hole, but dayem, this was a shock the first time around
Cons: CONS for CHANGES made: 9 is WAY too short for the course average. 10 is tricky but somehow a slight disappointment when walking past the old nine basket (a challenge I loved to hate). 11 seems to be cleared more on the right, where new 10 basket is located, and this could result in fatal rollers down said grass hill. I hope to see both locations for the pin at new 12 (old 11) in alternation, because cool as the creek crossing is, I liked the blind thumber bomb I could pull on the shorter location. 13.... 13, 13, 13, what can be said. I like it long, but maybe not THAT long. I think that the situation around 16's baskets also needs to be settled and the old choices turned into an alt pin loc for 15.
Other Thoughts: Nice to see a course go through revolutionary changes for the better. I only wish the same could be said of Redan.....

Most fun I've ever had on a course

1    6/24/2009   6/30/2009
Review By: gcrussell4
Pros: This course is honestly some of the most fun that I have ever had playing DG. I came on a beautiful day and was lucky enough to run into a local who played with my wife and I. The majority of the course is set in these beautiful rolling hills with some strategically located trees throughout. Other parts of the course go through more densely wooded sections and over and around a lake. The tees and pin locations were outstanding. The combinations of tee to pin included several uphill throws, several downhill, and (my favorite) several where you would throw from the top of one hill/ridge to another one over a deep valley. When I played the course was in pristine shape, green, mowed, and picturesque. The pin positions almost all had the added challenge of being on sloped ground which made each putt feel very important. If you miss who knows how far it could roll down the hill. This is a great course because the design is great, and I guarantee you will love it.
Cons: The course currently has the tees marked with just posts sticking out of the ground. No tee signs, no concrete tees, but there are scorecards with distances (most of which seemed fairly accurate).
Other Thoughts: I know that the lack of complete development of the course (tee signs, boxes, etc.) is a bit of a drawback, but really is DG more about the quality of the signs or the quality of the golf? If you are looking for good quality disc golf, I could not recommend any course higher than White Oak Park. I guarantee that I will be back anytime that I am even moderately close.

Fun for everyone!

5+    3/13/2009   3/30/2009
Review By: hstokes
This review was updated on 4/6/2009
Pros: Beautiful terrain and a excellent variety of holes highlight this new course. You will use every shot in your bag. I disagree with those that say there are too many blind shots. 2, 4, 9 and 11 are blind and 13 is as well but only because of its length. The course is challenging but it isn't frustrating for beginners.
Cons: The only cons are things that will be fixed in time such as better course markers and concrete tee boxes.
Other Thoughts: With the hilly terrain some of the holes are fairly exposed and it can be windy!

Simply fantastic

1    2/21/2009   2/23/2009
Review By: mactavius
Pros: Fantastic use of the land. Elevation changes galore with unique holes and variability.
Cons: I live too far away to play regularly.
Other Thoughts: The best course I played in the Atlanta area this week by far (beating out Redan Park, East Roswell and J.P. Mosely).

White Oak

2-4    2/13/2009   2/21/2009
Review By: reggaB
Pros: Awesome piece of property for disc golf. Rolling hills with scattered hardwoods. Need distance and control to score well on most holes. Hole 17 plays over water to an "island" type green that is almost unheard of in this part of Georgia. Course is in a "passive" park, so no football or baseball players to contend with. Multiple tees and pin positions make this a course with many faces. Clean restrooms and two pavillions near hole #1 make this a great tournament friendly course. Hole #6 is one of the most scenic holes in the state, you can empty your bag off the long hole just for the thrill of seeing your discs in flight. This is my home course and I consider myself lucky to live so close to this park. The next closest 18 hole course is Deerlick which I used to play on a regular basis until White Oak was installed and although Deerlick is an OK course it does not flow as well as White Oak nor does it have the elevation changes that White Oak offers.
Cons: This course has only been in the ground a couple of months so there are no real tee signs or tee pads. 5 or 6 of the holes you shoot to are "blind" tee shots. (once you have played the course a couple of times this is a non-issue) Would like to see more ammenities such as benches, trashcans, etc...
Other Thoughts: As one of the course designers, my opinion may be a little biased. We are in the process of improving the ammenities on this course and once we have signage and concrete tee pads I think this will be one of the best courses in the state.