Pine, CO
Phantom Falls Share
Uploaded By: filmwalrus Hole #15 (Taken 11/2010)

Phantastic Phantom Falls

2-4    5/24/2009   5/27/2009
Review By: fuman22
This review was updated on 5/27/2011
Pros: This really is a good puzzle of a course if you like the challenge of consistently throwing through tight trees for moderate distances with elevation changes. Its one of the few tight courses in the Front Range. The tightness makes each hole seem much longer, but I found myself grabbing for anything between my putter and Eagle for 95% of the shots. I'm predominately a right BH, but found myself throwing FH on a third of the holes. Strong FH will love this course.
Course layout is sufficient for returns to the parking lot for refreshment replenishment. All tee pads and holes are well marked and with some looking around and attention to your orientation, the course is easily navigated.
A couple chime and aspen baskets make for a different, but fun feel. Perched baskets with big penalties into steep gullies make things interesting.
The owner Paulie is truly a gracious host and is thrilled to have courteous and enthused players tromping across his land.
Cons: There is very little that is bad or mediocre about this course, but I couldn't give it a higher score as it doesn't have and couldn't possibly have all the required elements to be rated much higher.

Throwing at the Falls

2-4    5/24/2009   5/25/2009
Review By: Headbabe
This review was updated on 5/26/2011
Pros: A great mountain course with a nice lay-out of 30 holes that will challenge every shot you have. We had a foursome of all levels of player and we ended up staying to play a total of 69 holes. The $10 fee is nothing when you see the work being put into the course. If you throw disc in Colorado get out to Phantom Falls.
Cons: The course is in great shape, but I think it would be nice to see some path markers to keep people from tracking all over the course in places. I think those would keep future erosion issues down along with helping keep people from trampling native flora.
Other Thoughts: A classic Colorado mountain course and I am looking forward to playing it many times in the future.