Pine, CO
Phantom Falls Share
Uploaded By: filmwalrus Hole #19 (Taken 11/2010)

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15
  A total blast

1    11/26/2010   1/1/2011
Review By: GVoorhees
Pros: This course is a blast. It's challenging and scenic and owner Paul is a great host. I'm relatively new to the sport and Paul took time to give me some tips for surviving the more technical holes, of which there are many. He even played a few holes with me to get me started. The course is well-laid out and includes vital information about distance to the baskets, history of course aces, etc. Cool snowboard benches are featured at a few holes, giving this course the quintessential Colorado feel! Take advantage of the box lunch at the turn and leave time to peruse the awesome Pro Shop, where Paul sells discs and apparel as well as other cool disc golf stuff. Because he only schedules two tee times a day, you'll either have the course to yourself and your group or feel like you do. I played this course in November, when there was snow on the ground, but every hole was still accessible. Surprisingly, I didn't lose any discs, either. This is definitely a course to "write home about." Tons of fun. Can't wait to play it again.
Cons: I can't think of any, other than the fact that is a VERY challenging course for a beginner. But challenge is what getting better is all about, right?
Other Thoughts: The $10 donation is well worth the experience. Paul is planning many improvements to the course and I can't wait to see what he will do next with it.

Must Play

1    11/15/2010   11/17/2010
Review By: mike_james
Pros: This place is a must play. Paulie is great, his place is so well done, it will have you eyeing a couple holes in your own backyard. The one group at a time policy makes it worth all the precision shots. An experience like none that I have had playing disc golf. (Thanks, for the PBR Paulie!)
Cons: I'm from Texas, so playing up the side of a mountain at 8000 ft is tough, and the climbs are steep, but I would do it again tomorrow. Thats about it, and I only mention it because I couldn't leave this empty.
Other Thoughts: If you are anywhere near this place and haven't played it, you're crazy, and if you are driving anywhere near it, stop. The hospitality alone is worth a donation, add the course, and hell, write him check. Once in a lifetime.

awesome time

1    11/15/2010   11/15/2010
Review By: chopz33
Pros: Pauly, this guy is great..drove down from Seattle and called him the night before. He gave us directions of a place to stay the night before and we called the next morning and rsvp the 9am tee time.
Pauly was there to greet us and showed us around his property, check out the pro shop and make sure to pick up a shirt or personalized stamp to support courses like this. Like i said we get there and he shows us the layout of the course and along with a scorecard he gives you hints and tips for each hole. The baskets are amazing and most of them have their own personal touch that Pauly has incorporated in the course. The teepads are short but are in great shape.
We had the course to ourself and Pauly even came out after the turn and threw a few holes with us. Its always great to pick a guys brain on a course like this..After the round he even helped us look for a few discs that we left. Overall i loved this course and would definatly recommend anyone to play. Also heard that he is adding a few more holes.
Cons: Being from Texas, we were not used to the elevation changes so that was something that was new to us and sometimes frustrating. The roll- aways on the puts also hurt the scorecard so be careful not to hyzer put..keep em flat
Other Thoughts: Overall i had a great time playing this course, the views are beautiful and the beer that was offered afterwards was even better. make sure to pitch Pauly a few bucks to help support the improvements he has planned.. Also take the short drive to Zoka's, have lunch and head up the mountain to Conifer Park

A course to Remember

1    7/22/2010   11/3/2010
Review By: lancesven
Pros: Paul only allows a few groups out a day which is excellent. We were a group of 5 and still got to take our time and even replayed a couple holes. Also there is a pro shop there and Paul really knows his stuff. Gave us a lot of advice and tips on how to improve. Also he came with us for 9 holes which we all enjoyed his company and course history.
Cons: Coming from NJ the air was really thin- not sure that's the courses fault though.
Other Thoughts: This course is extremely enjoyable. We came from NJ to play this course on a disc golf road trip. This was the highlight of our trip. The "Let it Ring" hole was so unique. We unloaded our bags trying for that thing, to no avail. Also at the time Cris P hit the closest to the pin on one of the holes. Only a hole in one will beat him.

Tired but satisfied!

1    10/19/2010   10/19/2010
Review By: passteve
Pros: Well thought out course...easy to maneuver even for the first time. Very challenging and technical but even though we were relatively new to the sport we really enjoyed it.
Cons: Very tight...30+ holes on 10 acres and you play several baskets more than once. The entire course is very wooded so there are no open areas. Very exhausting course, but that is not really a negative at all. In fact it's hard to find cons to this course!
Other Thoughts: Paul is very helpful and friendly and puts personality to the course with all his unique and creative touches...you have to experience it for yourself. A must play course!

My favorite

1    9/30/2010   10/13/2010
Review By: Cadams
Pros: Unparalleled service with a very personal feel, Phantom Falls was an absolute pleasure. Drastic elevation changes create a challenge rarely seen in disc golf--a missed putt can easily roll 100+ yards from the basket. Paul, the owner, did an unbelievable job in designing 30 holes across 10 acres and provides customers with excellent clarification on the specifics of the course. Never have I had such a good time throwing disc; this is due in large part to the challenging terrain and wonderful service. Many of the holes bring golfers back to the clubhouse making it convenient for breaks, lunch, etc. There is no pressure to hurry as only two tee times are available for booking each day. I will return for another round just as quickly as possible.
Cons: No complaints.
Other Thoughts: Definitely check this one out.

Great Time In Pine, CO

1    10/2/2010   10/4/2010
Review By: Team Stevenson
Pros: Callanging course that makes you throw low, high, and accurate. Hospitality second to none. The entire course to yourself! Great disk shop and advice from Paul! Lunch on the deck at 14 was perfect!! Colorado disk golf doesnt get much better than this!! This course is not to be missed!!
Cons: Sore legs and arm well worth it!!!
Other Thoughts: I used a the tried and true Buzzz for most of my shots, a forward hand shots and good tomahawk throws are essential. Boots or good shoes are a must!

Big Fun

1    9/15/2010   9/23/2010
Review By: Mr. C
Pros: You'll have the place to yourself! Lots of birdie and ace opps. Huge risk reward on putts. Lots of obstacles and score variability. Great club house. (Check it out!) Honor system for beverages and snacks. Owner, Paul Rothley, keeps course gorgeous and fresh with a hanging basket hole, a chime hole, gnomes everywhere and surprises (it has the craziest short downhill hole I've ever played.) Flat out Fun!
Cons: Not a spec PDGA course: there are shared baskets, cross-overs, and a few hand made baskets. Didn't bother me, (who cares about crossovers when you're the only group on the course?) however, it might bother some.
Other Thoughts: I'd give it a 5, if it wasn't for PDGA spec issues, see above.

The perfect spot!

2-4    6/9/2007   9/20/2010
Review By: mcastaldi
Pros: Incredible views! This course is designed to be the perfect day of play. It's challenging and fun! Paul was great, gives detailed explanation of the course and was there for any questions we had.

Great for groups coming in from out of town to get a taste of the CO mountains.

We played in a small tournament with men and women - and everyone was able to keep up and have a blast.

I've heard it's also great in the winter....even with snow on the ground. It's on the best side of the mountain to allow for longer seasons of play.

Definitely a one-of-a-kind.

Make This Course an All Day Event

1    8/11/2010   9/10/2010
Review By: SpacemanSpiff
Pros: Amazing course. Designed by Paulie in the acres that are his mountainous backyard. The course is really fun to play, requiring short, technical shots. Another great thing about this course is that your group is the only one there! Meaning you can relax, eat lunch, throw as many discs as you want, and not worry about spending time finding lost ones (although its not easy to lose them here). And let's not forget about Paulie, who is an amazing host. He walked us through the course before we started, giving us tips and letting us know how the course is laid out. He also made us lunch, played a few holes with us, and talked with us for almost an hour after we finished up. If you're planning on playing this course, think of it more of an all day event rather than a quick round.
Cons: It's 965 miles from my house. I don't get to play it often.
Other Thoughts: If you're in the area, this course is a must play. Even though Paulie asks for a $10 donation to help build the course, its well worth the money. The course is beautiful, wildly fun to play, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day.

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15