Pine, CO
Phantom Falls Share
Uploaded By: DGtourist   (Taken 3/2009)
Welcome

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
  Great Course

1    9/10/2009   9/10/2009
Review By: jflyer777
Pros: It is well layed out and fairly easy to navigate. Paul does a great job of explaining the layout before you start. The course is interesting in the fact that you have to navigate the trees.
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: Had a lot of fun.

Rocky Mtn Fun

2-4    8/14/2009   9/3/2009
Review By: all4nothing
Pros: Paul has really put his heart into the course and you can tell when you play it! The Course is amazing. There was 30 holes when we played of those 30 you do reuse some baskets, but even so there is not one hole that is the same as another. Perhaps my favorite thing with the course is that we had a guide to show us where and how to throw. That was invaluable to us as the course difficult. Another plus for the course is that the course yours for the day you can take as much time as you want. You don't even have to worry about someone having to play through your large group. This course has a great variety of challenges from the trees everywhere to the sloping mountain. There is even a good variety of pins/baskets throughout the course. One of my favorite holes has some chimes hanging from a bent tree. The fun is it could be an easy one or a challenging three. When we played the pads were very level and relatively large. On our second round Paul turned on some music at the house that we could hear at almost every hole and that is something that no other course I know of can say. This course is a true mountain course and is the epitome of Colorado disc golf.
Cons: I don't really have a con the only thing would be the course does take some time to play so if you were hoping to get a quick round in this is not the place to come.
Other Thoughts: Paul is a great guy and so was our guide. Call Paul before you plan on heading up to the course and it is yours for the day. He allowed us to bring food to bbq and then play the course again. The thing to remember is a course like this takes time to build so you need to respect it. Bring a cooler with water and other items and leave it at the car. You will come by the house four times while playing the course for a chance to refill and refresh. One thing to remember is that the course is in the mountains you will want to wear some good shoes for hiking because the entire course is on decomposed granite. The course is very secluded and peaceful and a great place to go and have a quiet relaxing day.

SWEET!!!

1    8/23/2009   8/26/2009
Review By: diggerbob
Pros: This is a dream course and property for that matter. Paul has this thing dialed in and the best part about it is that he keep working on it deligently to make it better. I cant wait to see it in five more years. If you live in the Denver area it is totally worth the drive. DO IT!!! As far as the course playability goes most of the holes you can find no problem, it is heavily wooded so you don't always get rewarded for a good throw. You have to get a littel tricky at times. Keep it low and keep your putts flat and you can keep it under control.

beautiful scenery

5+    6/24/2009   8/24/2009
Review By: wigwam
Pros: excellent hole layout, nice variety, excellent scenery, facility in top condition. I have played multiple times and it is always a treat.
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: this is a must play....I have played all over the state of colorado and this is my favorite....

Epic Day

1    8/17/2009   8/20/2009
Review By: Orderofone
Pros: Paul is the man. The course is difficult but not frustrating. Paul played a round with us and gave us pro-tips from the designer. You really can't beat the experience out here all by yourself with an experienced caddy.
Cons: The tee pads need to be leveled out some but as Paul said that will be happening very shortly.
Other Thoughts: Bring a cooler the course is designed to bring you past the house at several intervals to restock your bags with beer or water or whatever you might need!

mountain disc golf

1    8/14/2009   8/18/2009
Review By: turbosnail
Pros: Best course I've played so far. Great lay out. Can't tell that your shooting for a pin you already played. Going up and down the hill all day is a great work out.
Cons: Not many. New course players need a guide to get around but after that easy to fallow.
Other Thoughts: Played the course in the morning paulie let us bbq next to his place. Then played the course again. Talk about a exhausting day. But well worth it. Highly recomend playing this course.

First for a Flat-lander

1    7/1/2009   8/12/2009
Review By: G Bud
Pros: -Unique and novel targets and baskets (Love the Chimes!!!!)
-Challenging and creative Mountain Course.
-Great use of terrain
-Course well maintained. Great up keep! Thanks, Paul!!!! Great Job!!!
-Zoka's Restaurant & Bar is only a mile away in Pine Grove. (Hang a left and ask for Blackie)
Cons: -Good luck finding any. I couldn't, was having too much fun.
-Private Course - Tough to figure out the lay out & flow. Better be playing with someone who knows the course. Glad I was.
Other Thoughts: Phantom Falls was the first round of golf I ever played in the great state of Colorado. I was going to visit my friends in Pine and play massive amounts of golf of course. On the flight to Denver, I was reading an article in my Disc Golfer about these hand carved baskets at this course in Pine. I said, "Hey, I'm going to Pine." A few hours later I showed the article to my friend and he said, "Let's Go!" Boy, did Kurt & Paul show this Flat-lander a great mountain course. What a great time!! Like Grandma says, "If you don't have a good time, it's your own fault." A must play course if you are in the area. After 30 holes of mountain golf, a Zoka's Burger & an IPA are a must.

Not Just another day

1    6/25/2009   8/8/2009
Review By: diablo
Pros: You won't find a course like this anywhere! Sure, you can find courses that work you; you could find a course that tries to be different... but Paul has set the bar. Just to see the unique targets he has is worth the drive and the cash. Wind Chimes- enough said! The up and down, the gulch, the placements- this is no 'walk in the park- kill an hour' course- This Is Moutain Golf! Plus- to 'move a rock' is very cool- not that I did.
Cons: I'm sure after a few visits one would get the lay of the course- but there's no way you would know where you're going without Paul to help you out- which is fine- he wasn't obstrusive- just helpful.
Other Thoughts: My buddies and I have given Phantom Falls the honor of being "Course One" for our annual Trophy Weekend event this August! Thanks Paul!

discaliscios

1    8/1/2009   8/7/2009
Review By: hickskd@msn.com
Pros: excellent layout through trees and up and down gulleys. Extremely peaceful to play and not see other people.
Cons: New players will need a guide to follow all the 30 holes. The exercise is awsome up and down.
Other Thoughts: Extremely friendly environment.

Dial it in baby

1    7/29/2009   7/30/2009
Review By: Grahamw21
Pros: This was a fantastically challenging course. Designed and built beautifully with absolutely no luxury overlooked this course will kick your a** all day long. Paul is an extremely gracious host and was kind enough to guide us through the course all day long. As long as you call first, he will do the same for you, and trust me, with the way this course is put together you are going to need his wisdom and tips. It's more than your average 18 hole-r. Be prepared to experience some more strenuous terrain then you are used to and also an abundance of trees and slopes that can be very unforgiving. Talk to my man Paul before you head up there and be respectful of the property. This course was not easy to put together, yet you can enjoy all it has to offer if you execute it the right way. The course is beautiful and without a doubt worth serious national recognition.
Cons: Expect to invest at least an entire day of discing at this course. It is tiring (even though I was happy to have the exercise), and a pretty far drive for anyone who doesn't live in the mountains.
Other Thoughts: Paul is a good good man. Treat his property with respect and he will show you the same.

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15