Pine, CO
Phantom Falls Share
Uploaded By: filmwalrus Hole #24 (Taken 11/2010)
Hole #25 Tee: Steep downhill dogleg right.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
 Great Course

1    12/1/2012   12/1/2012
Review By: EricBasile
Pros: 38 holes
allows you to sharpen all of your DG skills
No traffic
great pro shop
Cons: Only con i can think of is if your not in shape get ready to get a big workout. If you are in decent shape you will be fine.
Other Thoughts: Owner (Paulie) is a great guy. He will give you a quick tour and give you great pointers. By far the best course i have played yet. He also has a mini golf course you can play after your run. Put this course on your bucket list ITS A MUST!!!

It's about an excellent disc golf experience on multiple levels!

1    9/12/2011   9/19/2012
Review By: superberry
This review was updated on 5/23/2014
Pros: Paulie. Plain and simple the pros of this course all revolve around Paulie - his dedication, his designs, his effort, his clubhouse, his accommodating nature, his amenities. Paulie is a disc golf fanatic - it shows - and I love that! This was the absolute highlight of my Denver trip experience. The "clubhouse" is beautiful as is the setting. The aspen basket off the porch for hole one (and buy in for prizes) is a one of a kind (nerve racking) lead off toss. The configuration of gnomes and rocks marking the lifelong CTP and ace locations is very unique and another one of those touches you get from a private course. Getting your name on a tee sign for the first ace ever on a hole is also incredibly cool. The property yields some great winding/twisting wooded holes and the hillside offers great sharp long elevation on holes, as well as a bunch of risky precarious pin placements. Uphill, downhill, crosshill, and back again all are part of a great design with longer holes requiring precision and accuracy and shorter ace run holes requiring a light touch. These all balance out with left, right, straight, and s-curve available routes. And if you play, pay attention to the scorecard notes that point out multiple route options your naked eye may not pick up. Playing with Paulie and some course workers was a great experience to see what types of shots they've come to perfect over the years. Nostalgia and uniqueness exists all around with the Aspen basket, Franken basket, and leftover windchime targets from the original course. There are bag hangers and benches made from old ski and snowboard parts.
Cons: Overall there is some repetitive play here, playing back and forth to the same basket from multiple different directions. While this design concept makes for a fun round, the last third of the hole (the green) is the same in each instance due to the re-used basket. Most holes are relatively short and placing a good drive yields a makeable deuce. I could go on and on about there being no real huge downhill bombers, no open field ripper, no water hazards, etc, but you get the point - a Colorado hillside property lacks some variety, yes? There is just one tee and one pin placement. This goes without saying because the pins are shared by multiple holes (for example the Aspen basket is played to 3-4 times). So really the course itself probably shakes out to a 3.0-3.5 range in my book.
Other Thoughts: I was travelling for work, and made it a point to leave early and fly on Sept 11, despite the rantings and crying of my wife, so I could get there a day early and play Conifer and Phantom Falls. I unpacked my usual bag taking more lighter and understable plastic due to previous high elevation throwing experience I had, and I dismantled my wife's smaller mini-revo bag and jammed it all into a bag to check at the airline (I did find room for a few other work clothes, but they took a backseat to my disc golf priorities on this business trip). I had been in contact with Paulie and he tried to warn me about the dirty 56, but it made no difference because I was going to get these courses in. I landed late Sunday night, drank a bunch at CB & Potts to allow me to sleep despite all my excitement, and I was still up by 6am, ready to head out and play Conifer. I finished the 20 holes there (story in another review), and proceeded to head to Phantom Falls. I stopped at a liquor store because I had a ton of time before my scheduled tee time and there are tons of good Colorado beers, and I figured I'd need some on the course (not exactly "need", but I also wanted to share with Paulie). I arrived at Phantom Falls, had a great time BS'ing in the clubhouse, and proceeded to play my round with the most gracious of guests, Paulie stayed with for nearly all of it despite having numerous other plans. During the round I aced a hole that had never been aced, drank lots of beers with excellent hosts, and had a great time, all culminating with some dinner afterward and good conversation. I opted in for the lunch at the turn, but since Paulie was playing with us we just kept going on and grabbed some refreshments. It was an absolute blast. Despite the course coming it at about a 3.7 on my scale due to overall repetitive terrain on a Colorado hillside, this experience was the best of the best. Disc golf enjoyment is about a state of mind and a frame of reference (personal reference admittedly), and Phantom Falls put me in a wonderful place. I think I smiled the entire drive back to Denver. It was a PHENOMINAL experience! Go play! Now there are even more courses in the area - I just wish I hadn't taken a new job so I could fly out there on business again and boondoggle more than just a day!

WOW

1    9/10/2012   9/13/2012
Review By: TexasChains
Pros: This is hands down the most incredible course I have ever played. Located right in the Heart of Disc Golf Country, Phantom Falls truly embodies the game of Disc Golf. This course has it all:
1) Design: The layout of this course is amazing, great lines, great elevation, great, and "Stoner Proof" Navigation
2) Beauty: The property is absolutely gorgeous!
3) Challenge: High Risk/Reward lines through or over the trees and down the hills and gulleys.
4) Amenities: Beautiful Tees, Baskets, Benches made of recycled snowboards, Places to hang your bag everywhere (Made from recycled skis), Stone walkways and Tee signs, Hole tips for each hole help direct your shot, Paul's House is the ultimate club house with nice outdoor furniture, a grill, fridge, water, and a proshop!
5) Being the only group on the course was a blast! no slo mos ahead, or danger discers behind
6)A mini disc course on site is a nice added bonus
7)35 or so holes is enough to put you on your ass!
Cons: None, keep up the good work.
Other Thoughts: While you are in the area, make sure to play Beaver/Conifer, Bailey, and Magic Meadows if it is still open (Fingers Crossed)

2-4    9/9/2012   9/12/2012
Review By: clos33
Pros: To me this course captures what disc golf is about. It's about having a great time with friends and family, enjoying the beautiful outdoors, while getting exercise and this course will give you all of those things. It starts with an amazing host in Paulie, and amazing course design, and a wonderful atmosphere, beautiful environment, and the whole course to yourself. There is an amazing disc golf culture in this part of the state and its only getting better!
Cons: Nothing really! I will admit I payed 10 dollars for the round last year, so to see the 20 dollar price tag this year was a little bit of a shock, but it took me about 1.5 holes to realize that this course is worth every penny!
Other Thoughts: I am sure there are a lot more people involved but Paulie and Rudy are doing some amazing things in the Pine/Conifer/Baily areas. All the courses are amazing and they have a true passion for disc golf and growing the sport. Including creating areas for younger children to get involved in the sport. I look at the price on this course and the other courses as a way to keep things moving in the right direction up in this area since they are truely passionate about the sport. Not to mention the courses are amazing and what disc golf should be about.

awesome course

2-4    8/5/2012   8/29/2012
Review By: killabees36
Pros: private course
friendly owner
sweet placements for record drives including "best drive ever" and "best drive of the year"
Cons: 20$ is steep for a day of dg on any course, price could drop for sure and i would exactly see myself playing this course more than a couple times because it is so expensive...

1    8/15/2012   8/16/2012
Review By: bobmcnelly
Pros: Amazing course! Paul the owner the is a great guy and is very welcoming. He offers lots of food and drinks, for a price. Theres 38 shots on this course so theres quite a variety. Lots of great technical shots, so many tree shots its an accuracy course for sure. Great terrain, almost impossible to loose a disc. A few homemade baskets that are great and add a nice flavor to the game. The course brings you back to Pauls house every 7 holes or so, so you can use the bathroom or get a drink. There are bench at every hole and the tees are dirt, but they are the best dirt tees I've ever used.
Cons: Theres some pretty steep, loose parts of the course where some stairs or down ladder type thing would be nice for a $20 course.
Other Thoughts: The best course I've played thus far in my short disc golf career.

geofflaw

1    8/4/2012   8/8/2012
Review By: geofflaw
Pros: This course is one of the best courses there is. Im fairly new to the disc golf scene but this course is simply amazing. The setup was perfect and paulie is a wonderful host. Each hole is designed to test your skills as a disc golfer. i honestly feel i improved my game just by playing this course. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is an avid disc golf player/fan or whos looking for a great challenge. I will definitely be going back to play again.
Cons: None. The course and paulie are simply amazing
Other Thoughts: If your not used to the elevation in those parts you should come prepared to have your butt kicked. It's a very hilly course and at a pretty decent altitude.

Ace Race 2012!

1    8/4/2012   8/4/2012
Review By: AndyJB
This review was updated on 8/6/2012
Pros: ---Paulie is an AMAZING host who lives, eats and sleeps disc golf. You can feel his love of the game when he talks. It helps he lives in a golfers paradise!
---Every hole is well thought out with perfect baskets, teepads and beautiful rock tee signs.
---We played 38 (!) Holes for the ace race and every one was a true challenge. I cant wait to go back and really test myself by playing the full course.
---I grew up in Western Montana, lived 4 years on Oahu and now live in Colorado and even I was in awe of the beauty of this place. Absolute paradise.
---Amazing fellowship. THIS is what our sport is really all about!
---Fully stocked pro shop with nearly every concievable disc known to man, along with totally rad Phantom Falls gear.
Cons: ---None. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you can find anything wrong with this place, maybe you don't deserve to enjoy it.
Other Thoughts: I cant get the smile off my face since playing here. And it was just an Ace Race! My friends and I will be back as soon as we can! You simply MUST play this course!

Definite Destination Course

1    7/18/2012   7/21/2012
Review By: Shuie
Pros: - The extensive run down that Paul gives you before you play(his caddy cheat sheet)
-Get the course all to yourself/group
- huge risk/reward here(absolutely loved this)
- elevation change galore
- the course flows very well
- Tons of shot shaping and shot selection
- some very brutal roll away greens
- very technical course requiring you to "hit your line"
- a pro shop on sight(Decent Selection)
- Drinks and snacks available
- Sweet players area to chill and relax at(you swing by here several times on your round)
Cons: - the teepads are crushed granite( would prefer concreate or rubber pads, but the granite is pretty good)
- hard course to get on as there is only one tee time a day.
Other Thoughts: Phantom Falls is an amazing disc golf experience!!!
with the course being private, having holes use the same basket and crossing fairways, I was a bit sceptical of how the course would play but, upon getting into it everything flowed very well and was surprised that every holes seemed to be different.
You can get your picture taken with the "PHANTOM FALLS BASKET"!!!! Really like this place, the course is so much fun, tons of chances to get an ace, if you can "hit the right line". Its a very cushy experience as you don't need to lug all your water, food, beer, and etc.. with you on the course as you swing back to the players area several times during your round. You also get customary beer sampling from upslope brewery in boulder with your customary donation.
ALL in all there is some awesome disc golf to be had at phantom falls and the surrounding area. I will, be back for sure.

phantom falls

2-4    7/17/2012   7/20/2012
Review By: dennytodd
Pros: Whats up people? If you're ever in Colorado and looking for an all day Discgolf tee time, Phantom Falls is the place to be. Me and two of my buddys took a Colorado discgolf trip and played six courses in 4 days and two of them being at Phantom Falls. When we first got there the first thing i noticed was my disc i had lost the day before at one of Paulie's other courses just sitting one his table out front. I told him that I lost it and he said he will have it waiting for me. Pretty bad ass. First of all, he came out to meet us full of energy and super stoked that we chose his place to play. After hanging out for a few minutes and shopping at his pro shop, he took us on about a 30 minute tutoral about the course. Everything from out of bounds to blind shots. there was no map needed. The course was very laid out with arrows and stone markers. We were even given a cheat sheet to help us out on some
holes. After we got hole 14 close to his patio, he brought us out lunch.(hotdogs and fruit) Then we got to hole 24 and it started to rain on us. No problem though. we just hiked up the hill to his awesome patio with couches and heaters and waited it out. There are 38 holes on this course. the last 10 are brutal. Up an d down about 4 times. recomended break time at about hole 26.The first 15 holes are fun as hell with a few ace runs. My buddy hit his first one on hole 8. If you're looking for a full day of golf and fun, this is the place to be. Every hole is a par 3. One mando hole and only two spots that are O.B. When we were finishing up the 9 hole mini(which is alot of fun) Paulie brought us out a couple of local beers.
Cons: I really don"t have any except for the fact I"m from Texas and it was a bit hard catching my breath at
moments. Bring a can of oxygen if you're not used to the altitude.
Other Thoughts: We are already planning our next trip to go up there again. Thanks Paulie. Great job dude.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16