Pine, CO
Phantom Falls Share
Uploaded By: filmwalrus Hole #15 (Taken 11/2010)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15

1    4/9/2011   8/4/2011
Review By: Mannylo62
Pros: THIS COURSE HAS IT ALL, FROM FUN HOLES TO THE TIGHT AND ACCURATE ONES. IF YOU HAVE PLAYED CONIFER AND LOVED IT, YOU WILL LOVE THIS ONE EVEN MORE. IT IS QUIET, PEACEFUL AND JUST A GREAT ENVIRONMENT TO BRING LARGE GROUPS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY. THERE ARE AREAS TO RELAX AND GRUB AND ENJOY THE AREA.
Cons: OTHER THAN A LONG WALK AND SOME LOOSE TERRAIN SOMEWHAT, NOT REALLY ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT, THIS COURSE CAN ONLY GET BETTER, AND THAT WOULD BE A CHALLENGE.
Other Thoughts: A MEMORABLE COURSE WORTH PLAYING!

The most fun I have ever had on a disc golf course

1    7/19/2011   7/20/2011
Review By: aabrown333
Pros: I have been playing disc golf for over 11 years, and I can honestly say that I have never played such an amazing course. Everything about this course is unbelievable. It is scenic, well designed and well maintained. The baskets are in great shape (most of them brand new) and the signage is readily identifiable. Some of the holes are pretty short, but the fun factor here is second to none. The chime and hanging baskets are a nice signature touch. Best of all, Paul only books three tee times per day, so you will most likely have the whole course to yourself. Paul is an awesome guy who will welcome you onto his property, explain the course to you and offer you food and beverages at the turn. All in all, if you are looking for an unforgettable disc golf experience in the beautiful Colorado mountains, Phantom Falls is the course for you.
Cons: NOTHING. This course is awesome.
Other Thoughts: This course is a great workout, due to the constant elevation changes. Some might think of this as a negative, but we loved it. Do not come here if you are looking for a leisurely walk in the park. Wear good shoes and expect to sweat.

1    7/17/2011   7/17/2011
Review By: Lanebrew
Pros: Most of the other reviews have it dead on but I will add my 2 cents. I loved this course. If you don't like technical course and just wanna bomb, this is NOT the place for you. It is also not for the faint of heart. There are tons of trees to navigate on almost every shot. The number of creative shots we had to come up with were awesome. Learned a TON about the game today. Didn't really have a favorite hole but it sure was cool to play on an all wood, hand crafted basket for 3 holes.
Cons: I guess a "con" would be some of the tee boxes need some work but I understand this is in the works so, I guess I have none.
Other Thoughts: The only bad thing about today was that Paul was not there to play with us or show us some of the hospitality I have heard about in previous review. On the flip side of that, the course was closed all weekend and he made a special exception for our group to play (AWESOME). I look forward to playing again and have Paul show us some even more creative shots!

Play This Course!

1    6/1/2011   7/15/2011
Review By: yodadrum
Pros: Paul is awesome, super welcoming and a great host. He is clearly passionate about the sport and has designed an amazing course that is challenging, logical and FUN! I'm an average disc golfer and was a little intimidated by the size and scope of the course. It's difficult but not overly so but the fun factor is off the charts. Paul's overview of the course is very helpful. Listen to his advice and use the cheat sheet he gives you.

Stunningly beautiful. PLAY THIS COURSE!
Cons: None. Expect to spend 4-5 hours playing. Take your time, it's an experience. You're gonna get a workout...
Other Thoughts: This is Paul's home. Treat the grounds with respect. He has a great little pro shop with everything you need to get you through the day. Support the shop, support the course!

Phantom Falls Rocks!

1    6/17/2011   6/20/2011
Review By: Jpiers
Pros: The best course i have ever played! Paul is so welcoming and helpful. Loved the "cheat sheet", it really let us know where the trouble was. In short, you have to play this course and I can't wait to play it again. Thanks Paul!
Cons: NONE
Other Thoughts: Great pro shop!

A True Legacy

1    5/25/2011   6/19/2011
Review By: jonhat42
Pros: The entire experience of this course from beginning to end was phenominal. The course is one of the most fun technically challenging courses my wife and I have ever played, It is designed to maxamize every inch of terrain on this private swath of land. The effort put into design, maintenance, signage, and "fun" are really second to no course I have ever played. Paulie has poured his heart and soul into every aspect of this course and it is truly his gift to the disc golf community. The moment you pull into the driveway and are greeted by the course owner you realize you are in for a special day. Paulie makes certain to give you a detailed rundown of the course prior to teeing off. Making the anticipation build with every hole description and shot recommendation. The first tee pad begins on his beautiful back patio and looks at one of the coolest baskets I have ever thrown to made of native CO wood. From here on the couse winds up and down the holeountainous terrain. The holes are tight and technical and the elevation changes provide you with a serious workout. The true fun factor however is that a number of the holes are aceable but with a high risk vs. reward. We decided to take Paulie up on the lunch option he offers midway through the course and I am glad we did because I definately needed the fule to finish this monster. The pasta was wonderful and the meat sauce was hearty and flavorful. The remainder of the course was even more physically demanding and I am glad we were warned ahead of time because we both made sure to hydrate hydrate hydrate! The guidebook we were given that provides tips on each hole acted as a caddy and saved both of us extra walks due to its recomendations. Hole after hole there was always a "wow" factor when standing on each teepad. When playing a course as long and physically demanding as this one you truly appreciate the unselfish nature of the 3 tee time limit. There is no distractions, and thus no reason not to relax and enjoy your day and play your best game. The icing on the cake was toward the very end of a long fun day, Paulie infrmed us when we bagan that the last 5 holes had just been opened to the public a few weeks ago. We were really beat by the time we got to the last 5 but the opportunity to be one of the first few to play these new holes on such an epic course was too much to pass up. Paulie joined us for the last 5 and went over the finishing touches he has in store for these holes. What a wonderful day of DG in one of the most beautiful states in the union.
Cons: The only con would be the 2 holes that play from 1 teepad to a long and short pin, if you didnt travel with enough plastic this could be frustrating. paulie makes sure to point this out prior to teeing off though. Also; some of the teepads are small, but this is a mountain course and as such often times this cannot be avoided. But speaking with the owner I know that in time these issues will be adressed
Other Thoughts: If i had the money (i dont) I would hire Paulie to help design my own course. The playability of his course is what keeps it fun throughout. You often have times where you throw a disc and feel that "almost" feeling which makes you want to play the hole over and over. This course is a true testiment to its designers love for the sport and all the aspects that make it something us disc golfers love to to; play. I will play this couse whenever I am back in CO and i would recomend it to everyone.

DG at its finest

1    6/19/2011   6/19/2011
Review By: Sandman1981
This review was updated on 7/19/2011
Pros: Private course that only has 3 tee times daily ensures that no one is rushing you or interrupting your play. The scenery is beautiful! Very technical course that will give you a work out on your game and your body. Paul is the coolest person I have met who is in the DG community putting a vast amount of his own money and time into something that we all can enjoy. The hospitality is second to none! He offers an extensive introduction to the course and its blind shots as well as advice on how to play almost every hole. The cheat sheet given to you on the score card is very helpful during your play. Paul caters to everyone no matter what the size of your group is or what level of play you are at. He will break out the grill and do burgers and dogs if you have a special event in mind or offer a bag lunch @ hole 13 if you are just wanting to play a round, for a modest price. New hole 23 tee box off of a 14x6 foot deck is an awesome place to take a break and sit down and enjoy the view! This is a must play for any disc golfer!!! Great hike and awesome one of a kind experience a half hour from denver. Do not miss out on the chance to enjoy the Phantom.
Cons: None whatsoever unless you consider being sore the next day after playing this monster.
Other Thoughts: The generosity of others contributing to this Colorado gem has improved the course and enriched the idealism of the DG community. Donated and recycled snowboards and skis provide benches and bag hooks, labors of love given to the course help to make the course better and monetary gifts, which the course runs on, ensures that all of us have a great place to enjoy a good day out. This is a course on private land that relies on your generosity. So when you get there and you have had the time of your life, don't forget to give back so that we can make this an even better experience for everyone. In addition to the course, Paul also has a pro shop with great gear and Phantom Falls "wear". This course is addictive and I enjoy it even more every time I play it!!!

Disc Golf Nirvana

1    4/26/2011   6/14/2011
Review By: Scottty
This review was updated on 12/19/2013
Pros: This place is a testament to why I love disc golf. A super fun and demanding course brought to us by a fellow disc golfer who's excited to share his vision and hospitality with fellow disc golfers. As for the course, it brilliantly utilizes trees, elevation changes, and limited land. Though there are plenty of trees, there are still more than enough windows to get creative when choosing a line. The course is technical and sometimes very tempting (the ace runs often end up rolling or skipping waaayyy down the hills). You're going to need every shot you have to shoot low here. It is a challenge, both mentally in balancing the risk/reward of your shot selection, and physically due to being high up in the Rockies with plenty of trekking up and downhill. This course is also one of a kind, literally. There are spectacular views and three holes that you play towards a beautiful handcrafted wooden basket. In addition to the setting, there are unique CTP markers on every hole that allow you to benchmark your shots against all previous players of the course. Overall, it's just a great layout throughout. From Hole #1 to Hole #35 this course has it all. Also, if you are worried about the hiking there are some sweet benches on every hole to re-coop and the course loops back around to the parking area a few times so you can refill your water at your car or grab a cold drink from the pro shop.

My Phantom experience.

1    5/30/2011   6/10/2011
Review By: Joyfulina
Pros: This is one beautiful course! After playing it I felt like a true disc golfer. It was challenging and so much fun! Its a wonderful outdoors experience and every basket is breath taking.

The stories behind every basket and how they are all sponsored was very interesting to me. This course really make you feel at home. You build a relationship with it as you play, go through the hard time and the amazing time as you play and watch your discs fly through what I like to think of as a disc golf wonderland.
Cons: The only toilet was a port-a-potty, which being a woman is never to much fun. haha
Other Thoughts: Paulie is one of the coolest, most inviting people I have ever met and very very much enjoyed his hospitality. I loved that he had cold drinks out that you could enjoy with just a donation. He's little disc golf shop there was also great!

5+    6/6/2011   6/8/2011
Review By: yeshuaalltheway
Pros: very unique coarse
challenging in terms of consistent accuracy
great location/great views
terrific in terms of exercise as well as hole diversity
2 blind shots= a nice challenge
you dont need a great arm to play it
anyone can have fun on it
very reasonable well put together shop along with top of the line merchandise
Paul's a great dude with evident passion towards the game
Other Thoughts: it can be bright which is typical in the area , so i recomend bringin a nice pair of sun glasses you can play in. other than that its a super fun coarse and i highly recomend giving it a try

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15