Pine, CO
Phantom Falls Share
Uploaded By: filmwalrus Hole #25 (Taken 11/2010)
Hole #26 Tee: Steep uphill towards shed.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
  A Fun Filled Unique Experience!!!

1    8/14/2011   8/21/2011
Review By: Gloria Bill
Pros: We started our day out with Paul, the owner of the property and course...The only course we've EVER heard of where you need a Tee Time!!! He gave us a run down and history of the course and a hole by hole discription and a lot of instructions, which were VERY helpful....He also gave us a cheat sheet, which was VERY helpful on tips for each hole and a score card.....We started out on #1 as usual, but what was unsual was the tee box was on Paul's patio! We all threw our drives to a wooden Pine basket especially made for Paul, he said it took the artist over 600 hrs to make....It was a WOW factor like so many things on this course.....Just about every hole is unique, #4 was my favorite, the only chime basket left....The course originally started out with ALL chime baskets.....The tee boxes are small, but workable and they all have rakes if you need to rearrange them....
Paul just built a new deck on #23 that is elevated which is another different twist.....
#10 and #11 have a short and long basket and my oldest Son got to do a CTP marker on #10S which means he got to benchmark his shot against all previous players, that was COOL!!!! After hole #13 Paul had a GREAT lunch ready for the 5 of us which was much needed and welcomed, he sure knows how to be a wonderful host!!! Paul calls the last 10 holes the dark side....We now know why LOL!!! It is straight up and down the steepest hills on his course....All the holes on the course are a par 3, but you wouldn't think so because of the elevation and down hill and if you over shot a hole your disc can roll a long way giving you a BIG score.....There are a lot of trees, but not so thick and solid green like so many other places so they are workable.....#5 is a neat hole, you have to (it's madatory) to shoot in between 2 trees....What a hoot, there are soooo many fun factors on this course its unreal!!!!! You can feel Paul's extra touches of love on each of the 35 holes, his pride shines through each and every one of them too, very clean and well taken care of course and property! A MUST TO EXPERIENCE FOR YOURSELF!!!
Cons: NO CONS: Just a course and place that is Beautiful and Breathtaking in more ways than
one!!!! After finishing this course I felt like I should have earned some sheep horns or something!!! Tons of exercise and a lot of tricky footing, so wear your BEST hiking boots!!! Theres nothing flat about it anywhere and plan on getting sweaty and dirty too!!! I feel like a Super Woman after this course and like I can play ANY course anywhere now!!!
Other Thoughts: We were told it would take us 6 hrs to play with lunch at the turn.....Paul said we were there 12 hrs and 15 minutes LOL!!!!, but we played an extra 14 holes, we had lunch, we had a rain delay and we shopped!!! Yes, make sure you bring lots of CASH as that is what you pay EVERYTHING with......Paul has a GREAT well stocked Pro Shop with Logo Disc's and a wide range of other things including snacks and drinks......The highlight of the day was that we got the pleasure of playing the last 9 holes with Paul a SUPER GREAT guy and host!!! Paul makes benches for the course with old ski's and snowboards so if you have any bring them with!!! He could also use some new Gnomes!!!! LOL!!! You'll see when you get there!!!! I don't know how to end this wonderful experience, but I do want to tell a story Paul let us in on when we were ready to leave.....He said that when we all got out our vehicles he sized us up and told his wife he would be really surprised if we even made it to #25.....Boy did WE SURPRISE him!!! My Husband Bill 63 and I 64 the next day, my oldest Son Jon 44, my youngest Son Jes 37,and my Grandson Tristan 13 played
our hearts out and
ENJOYED EVER MINUTE OF IT!!
Thank You Paul and Phantom Falls Course!!
For the WONDERFUL MEMORIES!!!
Can't wait to do it again!!!!

My day at the Falls

1    8/5/2011   8/9/2011
Review By: Zmyers
Pros: Great course! Plays on the side of a mountain so tons of elevation changes. Really makes you think about every shot and what could happen if it catches an edge... but it was completely unpredictable. You play to a couple of the baskets a couple times which gave you different looks at good pin positions. Course was extremely clean and well taken care of. The aspen basket was very cool. Pro shop on the property and you could buy lunch there also
Cons: Only things that I would change is to have at least one hole that you can really open up your arm. And on some of the shorter downhill holes, the tees had logs on the front of them which stopped the possibility of a jump putt... weird to think about jump putts off the box but it would have been the best shot for me.
Other Thoughts: If you're in Colorado, do not miss this course.

Thanks to Paulie for his hospitality and for running and maintaining such a great course.

A True Rocky Mountain Course

2-4    7/31/2011   8/4/2011
Review By: Flippin Birds
Pros: This course is just something you have to experience for yourself. The Phantom is so much more than just a course, it is a labor of Love! The only thing that is better than the course, is the course designer. Paulie is one of the coolest, down to Earth guys that I have had the pleasure to play with. If you have played Conifer, you know the WOW. Know come play the FUN! Paulie along with the Foothill Flyers can be thanked for both of these amazing courses. Side note, the temp course they designed out at Bailey, which won't be around much longer, is also a top notch championship caliber course that must be played! Your round at the Phantom will begin with a quick tour of the course, some history on the Foothill Flyers and their accomplishments, and a chance to check out Paulies' awesome Pro shop with a wide selection of custom dyes and special runs. The best thing about this course: it keeps getting better. Paulie puts all revenue back into the course. There are constant improvements being made, most notably the new t-box on hole #23 that now allows you to throw off a deck at a more elevated position. Also, there are now a total of 38 holes with the latest 4 hole addition on the backside of the course. This course is tight, technical, and requires an array of different shots. It is a full day of disc golf, and will take anywhere from 4-6 hours to finish your round. Make sure you check out Paulie's website to better prepare yourself for the round and what is expected of you while attending The Phantom. Please remember that this is a private course - RESPECT Paul's rules! and Don't forget to bring CASH.

http://www.pfdgc.com /

Get some rest, bring a cooler of beer & water, and get ready for the best afternoon of your life!!
Cons: No Smoking on the Course. (Deal with it)
Other Thoughts: Don't be afraid to give back to the course that gives so much to our sport! Paulie accepts donations of old Ski's and Snowboards - used to make benches on the course. He recycles old plastic - so bring your old discs. You can also ask Paulie about volunteering your time to help make improvements to the course.

1    4/9/2011   8/4/2011
Review By: Mannylo62
Pros: THIS COURSE HAS IT ALL, FROM FUN HOLES TO THE TIGHT AND ACCURATE ONES. IF YOU HAVE PLAYED CONIFER AND LOVED IT, YOU WILL LOVE THIS ONE EVEN MORE. IT IS QUIET, PEACEFUL AND JUST A GREAT ENVIRONMENT TO BRING LARGE GROUPS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY. THERE ARE AREAS TO RELAX AND GRUB AND ENJOY THE AREA.
Cons: OTHER THAN A LONG WALK AND SOME LOOSE TERRAIN SOMEWHAT, NOT REALLY ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT, THIS COURSE CAN ONLY GET BETTER, AND THAT WOULD BE A CHALLENGE.
Other Thoughts: A MEMORABLE COURSE WORTH PLAYING!

The most fun I have ever had on a disc golf course

1    7/19/2011   7/20/2011
Review By: aabrown333
Pros: I have been playing disc golf for over 11 years, and I can honestly say that I have never played such an amazing course. Everything about this course is unbelievable. It is scenic, well designed and well maintained. The baskets are in great shape (most of them brand new) and the signage is readily identifiable. Some of the holes are pretty short, but the fun factor here is second to none. The chime and hanging baskets are a nice signature touch. Best of all, Paul only books three tee times per day, so you will most likely have the whole course to yourself. Paul is an awesome guy who will welcome you onto his property, explain the course to you and offer you food and beverages at the turn. All in all, if you are looking for an unforgettable disc golf experience in the beautiful Colorado mountains, Phantom Falls is the course for you.
Cons: NOTHING. This course is awesome.
Other Thoughts: This course is a great workout, due to the constant elevation changes. Some might think of this as a negative, but we loved it. Do not come here if you are looking for a leisurely walk in the park. Wear good shoes and expect to sweat.

1    7/17/2011   7/17/2011
Review By: Lanebrew
Pros: Most of the other reviews have it dead on but I will add my 2 cents. I loved this course. If you don't like technical course and just wanna bomb, this is NOT the place for you. It is also not for the faint of heart. There are tons of trees to navigate on almost every shot. The number of creative shots we had to come up with were awesome. Learned a TON about the game today. Didn't really have a favorite hole but it sure was cool to play on an all wood, hand crafted basket for 3 holes.
Cons: I guess a "con" would be some of the tee boxes need some work but I understand this is in the works so, I guess I have none.
Other Thoughts: The only bad thing about today was that Paul was not there to play with us or show us some of the hospitality I have heard about in previous review. On the flip side of that, the course was closed all weekend and he made a special exception for our group to play (AWESOME). I look forward to playing again and have Paul show us some even more creative shots!

Play This Course!

1    6/1/2011   7/15/2011
Review By: yodadrum
Pros: Paul is awesome, super welcoming and a great host. He is clearly passionate about the sport and has designed an amazing course that is challenging, logical and FUN! I'm an average disc golfer and was a little intimidated by the size and scope of the course. It's difficult but not overly so but the fun factor is off the charts. Paul's overview of the course is very helpful. Listen to his advice and use the cheat sheet he gives you.

Stunningly beautiful. PLAY THIS COURSE!
Cons: None. Expect to spend 4-5 hours playing. Take your time, it's an experience. You're gonna get a workout...
Other Thoughts: This is Paul's home. Treat the grounds with respect. He has a great little pro shop with everything you need to get you through the day. Support the shop, support the course!

Phantom Falls Rocks!

1    6/17/2011   6/20/2011
Review By: Jpiers
Pros: The best course i have ever played! Paul is so welcoming and helpful. Loved the "cheat sheet", it really let us know where the trouble was. In short, you have to play this course and I can't wait to play it again. Thanks Paul!
Cons: NONE
Other Thoughts: Great pro shop!

A True Legacy

1    5/25/2011   6/19/2011
Review By: jonhat42
Pros: The entire experience of this course from beginning to end was phenominal. The course is one of the most fun technically challenging courses my wife and I have ever played, It is designed to maxamize every inch of terrain on this private swath of land. The effort put into design, maintenance, signage, and "fun" are really second to no course I have ever played. Paulie has poured his heart and soul into every aspect of this course and it is truly his gift to the disc golf community. The moment you pull into the driveway and are greeted by the course owner you realize you are in for a special day. Paulie makes certain to give you a detailed rundown of the course prior to teeing off. Making the anticipation build with every hole description and shot recommendation. The first tee pad begins on his beautiful back patio and looks at one of the coolest baskets I have ever thrown to made of native CO wood. From here on the couse winds up and down the holeountainous terrain. The holes are tight and technical and the elevation changes provide you with a serious workout. The true fun factor however is that a number of the holes are aceable but with a high risk vs. reward. We decided to take Paulie up on the lunch option he offers midway through the course and I am glad we did because I definately needed the fule to finish this monster. The pasta was wonderful and the meat sauce was hearty and flavorful. The remainder of the course was even more physically demanding and I am glad we were warned ahead of time because we both made sure to hydrate hydrate hydrate! The guidebook we were given that provides tips on each hole acted as a caddy and saved both of us extra walks due to its recomendations. Hole after hole there was always a "wow" factor when standing on each teepad. When playing a course as long and physically demanding as this one you truly appreciate the unselfish nature of the 3 tee time limit. There is no distractions, and thus no reason not to relax and enjoy your day and play your best game. The icing on the cake was toward the very end of a long fun day, Paulie infrmed us when we bagan that the last 5 holes had just been opened to the public a few weeks ago. We were really beat by the time we got to the last 5 but the opportunity to be one of the first few to play these new holes on such an epic course was too much to pass up. Paulie joined us for the last 5 and went over the finishing touches he has in store for these holes. What a wonderful day of DG in one of the most beautiful states in the union.
Cons: The only con would be the 2 holes that play from 1 teepad to a long and short pin, if you didnt travel with enough plastic this could be frustrating. paulie makes sure to point this out prior to teeing off though. Also; some of the teepads are small, but this is a mountain course and as such often times this cannot be avoided. But speaking with the owner I know that in time these issues will be adressed
Other Thoughts: If i had the money (i dont) I would hire Paulie to help design my own course. The playability of his course is what keeps it fun throughout. You often have times where you throw a disc and feel that "almost" feeling which makes you want to play the hole over and over. This course is a true testiment to its designers love for the sport and all the aspects that make it something us disc golfers love to to; play. I will play this couse whenever I am back in CO and i would recomend it to everyone.

DG at its finest

1    6/19/2011   6/19/2011
Review By: Sandman1981
This review was updated on 7/19/2011
Pros: Private course that only has 3 tee times daily ensures that no one is rushing you or interrupting your play. The scenery is beautiful! Very technical course that will give you a work out on your game and your body. Paul is the coolest person I have met who is in the DG community putting a vast amount of his own money and time into something that we all can enjoy. The hospitality is second to none! He offers an extensive introduction to the course and its blind shots as well as advice on how to play almost every hole. The cheat sheet given to you on the score card is very helpful during your play. Paul caters to everyone no matter what the size of your group is or what level of play you are at. He will break out the grill and do burgers and dogs if you have a special event in mind or offer a bag lunch @ hole 13 if you are just wanting to play a round, for a modest price. New hole 23 tee box off of a 14x6 foot deck is an awesome place to take a break and sit down and enjoy the view! This is a must play for any disc golfer!!! Great hike and awesome one of a kind experience a half hour from denver. Do not miss out on the chance to enjoy the Phantom.
Cons: None whatsoever unless you consider being sore the next day after playing this monster.
Other Thoughts: The generosity of others contributing to this Colorado gem has improved the course and enriched the idealism of the DG community. Donated and recycled snowboards and skis provide benches and bag hooks, labors of love given to the course help to make the course better and monetary gifts, which the course runs on, ensures that all of us have a great place to enjoy a good day out. This is a course on private land that relies on your generosity. So when you get there and you have had the time of your life, don't forget to give back so that we can make this an even better experience for everyone. In addition to the course, Paul also has a pro shop with great gear and Phantom Falls "wear". This course is addictive and I enjoy it even more every time I play it!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15