Pine, CO
Phantom Falls Share
Uploaded By: filmwalrus Hole #9 (Taken 11/2010)

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15
 A course to Remember

1    7/22/2010   11/3/2010
Review By: lancesven
Pros: Paul only allows a few groups out a day which is excellent. We were a group of 5 and still got to take our time and even replayed a couple holes. Also there is a pro shop there and Paul really knows his stuff. Gave us a lot of advice and tips on how to improve. Also he came with us for 9 holes which we all enjoyed his company and course history.
Cons: Coming from NJ the air was really thin- not sure that's the courses fault though.
Other Thoughts: This course is extremely enjoyable. We came from NJ to play this course on a disc golf road trip. This was the highlight of our trip. The "Let it Ring" hole was so unique. We unloaded our bags trying for that thing, to no avail. Also at the time Cris P hit the closest to the pin on one of the holes. Only a hole in one will beat him.

Tired but satisfied!

1    10/19/2010   10/19/2010
Review By: passteve
Pros: Well thought out course...easy to maneuver even for the first time. Very challenging and technical but even though we were relatively new to the sport we really enjoyed it.
Cons: Very tight...30+ holes on 10 acres and you play several baskets more than once. The entire course is very wooded so there are no open areas. Very exhausting course, but that is not really a negative at all. In fact it's hard to find cons to this course!
Other Thoughts: Paul is very helpful and friendly and puts personality to the course with all his unique and creative touches...you have to experience it for yourself. A must play course!

My favorite

1    9/30/2010   10/13/2010
Review By: Cadams
Pros: Unparalleled service with a very personal feel, Phantom Falls was an absolute pleasure. Drastic elevation changes create a challenge rarely seen in disc golf--a missed putt can easily roll 100+ yards from the basket. Paul, the owner, did an unbelievable job in designing 30 holes across 10 acres and provides customers with excellent clarification on the specifics of the course. Never have I had such a good time throwing disc; this is due in large part to the challenging terrain and wonderful service. Many of the holes bring golfers back to the clubhouse making it convenient for breaks, lunch, etc. There is no pressure to hurry as only two tee times are available for booking each day. I will return for another round just as quickly as possible.
Cons: No complaints.
Other Thoughts: Definitely check this one out.

Great Time In Pine, CO

1    10/2/2010   10/4/2010
Review By: Team Stevenson
Pros: Callanging course that makes you throw low, high, and accurate. Hospitality second to none. The entire course to yourself! Great disk shop and advice from Paul! Lunch on the deck at 14 was perfect!! Colorado disk golf doesnt get much better than this!! This course is not to be missed!!
Cons: Sore legs and arm well worth it!!!
Other Thoughts: I used a the tried and true Buzzz for most of my shots, a forward hand shots and good tomahawk throws are essential. Boots or good shoes are a must!

Big Fun

1    9/15/2010   9/23/2010
Review By: Mr. C
Pros: You'll have the place to yourself! Lots of birdie and ace opps. Huge risk reward on putts. Lots of obstacles and score variability. Great club house. (Check it out!) Honor system for beverages and snacks. Owner, Paul Rothley, keeps course gorgeous and fresh with a hanging basket hole, a chime hole, gnomes everywhere and surprises (it has the craziest short downhill hole I've ever played.) Flat out Fun!
Cons: Not a spec PDGA course: there are shared baskets, cross-overs, and a few hand made baskets. Didn't bother me, (who cares about crossovers when you're the only group on the course?) however, it might bother some.
Other Thoughts: I'd give it a 5, if it wasn't for PDGA spec issues, see above.

The perfect spot!

2-4    6/9/2007   9/20/2010
Review By: mcastaldi
Pros: Incredible views! This course is designed to be the perfect day of play. It's challenging and fun! Paul was great, gives detailed explanation of the course and was there for any questions we had.

Great for groups coming in from out of town to get a taste of the CO mountains.

We played in a small tournament with men and women - and everyone was able to keep up and have a blast.

I've heard it's also great in the winter....even with snow on the ground. It's on the best side of the mountain to allow for longer seasons of play.

Definitely a one-of-a-kind.

Make This Course an All Day Event

1    8/11/2010   9/10/2010
Review By: SpacemanSpiff
Pros: Amazing course. Designed by Paulie in the acres that are his mountainous backyard. The course is really fun to play, requiring short, technical shots. Another great thing about this course is that your group is the only one there! Meaning you can relax, eat lunch, throw as many discs as you want, and not worry about spending time finding lost ones (although its not easy to lose them here). And let's not forget about Paulie, who is an amazing host. He walked us through the course before we started, giving us tips and letting us know how the course is laid out. He also made us lunch, played a few holes with us, and talked with us for almost an hour after we finished up. If you're planning on playing this course, think of it more of an all day event rather than a quick round.
Cons: It's 965 miles from my house. I don't get to play it often.
Other Thoughts: If you're in the area, this course is a must play. Even though Paulie asks for a $10 donation to help build the course, its well worth the money. The course is beautiful, wildly fun to play, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day.

Phantom Falls Fantasy

1    8/26/2010   8/31/2010
Review By: kendalbuc
Pros: Scenery is EPIC! Hospitality is 2nd to none! Unlike anything i've played before and so incredibly worth the trip. The shots through the forest and around rocks and revenes is an incredible touch of "perfection"! Thanks to Paulie for offering our group the special gift of a guided round. Can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon. NOW - the course is hilly, technical and sneaky - but I would not like it any other way. Perfection in Pine, Colorado. YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS COURSE!
Cons: The only con is that I had to travel from South Carolina to play this gem. Even so - it was so very worth the effort!
Other Thoughts: I commend Paulie on the Pro Shop and the hospitality. You will walk away "winded" but so thankful you took the time. Play On! Play Hard! Enjoy God's Creation!

Special

1    8/7/2010   8/9/2010
Review By: Dalisllama
Pros: Unique and Special. A must PLAY. Great Host. Nice Pro Shop. Be prepared to hike and have FUN. Flicks, backhands, hammers, thumbers, sliders, call it what you want, you had better bring your variety pack of throws. DISC GOLF extravaganza! 30 holes! No rush b/c it's just your group on the course. Service.
Other Thoughts: I like this course. It is set up for variety and skill. If you are looking for a quick, flat, open, long-throwing, course, GO somewhere else. The PLAY is fluid. Some holes are used more than once but keeps the course flowing smoothly. Thanks-a-ton Paulie!
GO PLAY DISC GOLF at Phantom Falls it's FUN!

Phantom Falls!!

2-4    8/1/2010   8/2/2010
Review By: derekholscher
Pros: Absolutely love this course! I usually go up with 3 other friends and we always have a good time! The owner, Paulie, is a great guy and always fun to see. He has played a little bit with us on occasion and has shown us some neat lines/ways to play the course. I love the layout of the course and the addition of the pro shop. Everytime I come back, Paulie has done something new and exciting with the course. Thanks Paulie...can't wait to come back!

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15