Centennial, CO
Local wildlife on hole #4

Troll's Review

1    10/10/2012   10/5/2013
Review By: Eric troll Biscuits
Pros: 18 Baskets
plenty of benches
dog friendly
decent tees and signs
it does play to the landscape, with some disc fearing spots
Tag league
Cons: The rough is ruff, cactus, scary bushes, rattle snakes. cliffs...
I'm from Ohio, so I love trees in my way
Other Thoughts: When I played this course, I had issues because I did not have light weight plastic
So everything in my bag sank like a stone.. I recommend nothing more than 160g. discs

A desert in Colorado?

1    9/23/2012   7/17/2013
Review By: Golden Tuna
Pros: I thought this was an interesting course. It was the first one I played in CO, so it was not what I was expecting. It seemed more like a course you'd find in Arizona or New Mexico. That said, I've never played a course with this type of terrain/plant life, so it was a nice change of pace. The holes are deceiving because its hard to tell exactly how far away the pin is because the whole course looks exactly the same. Keep an eye on that shot though, because it is harder to find than you expect when you get up there.
Cons: Most of the holes looked pretty much the same. The challenge wasn't so much is the shot or disc selection, but rather finding your disc in the knee high foliage. It wasn't that thick, but it did seem to swallow discs pretty easily and you didn't want to get stuck by the plants when reaching down to grab your disc
Other Thoughts: It is very dry, so bring water. Also the plant life is short but prickley, so wear a good pair of pants and shoes.

Challenging and interesting course

5+    6/22/2012   8/26/2012
Review By: gibster
This review was updated on 5/13/2014
Pros: Good variety of holes
Good hole distances
Popular, but not to the point of waiting on other groups or getting too much in each others' way
Good layout
Good use of available land
Cons: Bumpy/uneven tees
Disc eating brush
Thorny nasty underbrush by the creek
Very few trees on course
Extremely easy to lose disc
Other Thoughts: This is my "home" course, so naturally I play it quite a bit, and have developed a good feel for it. While having to spend several minutes looking for discs in the brush, seems at least 2 or more times per round is annoying, once you get past that, it's quite a cool course. The variety is very good, there are some uphill holes, some downhill holes, about 4 "blind" holes (4-7), some possible tree obstacles (on 2-7 and 18).
The wind can play a major role here, but you can mostly avoid it if you come in the mornings.
Since I started playing here, the hole 2 tee has been moved back, making it a much more challenging hole. The course map is not really up to date, might as well suffer playing the first time to find the holes, after a few rounds you will know exactly where the holes are.
The tees are a bit uneven and bumpy, even though most are covered by something like shaggy astroturf. On many holes I seem to stumble on the tee. The tee orientation is a bit misleading on some holes, I often throw at an angle from where the tee is pointing to.
I would love to see the original holes 2&3 make a comeback, as there is certainly room for them - I'm sure there must have been a reason why they were removed, but adding them back in would be cool.

I wish something could be done with the brush - unfortunately this stuff seeds itself like crazy, and cleanup costs and effort may be prohibitive. Due to the issues with the foliage, this course plays best in the winter, or early spring.

Overall, I do enjoy playing this course, and keep coming back time and again.

Update 5/13/14: The course has become really popular lately, any time the weather is nice, and on the weekends. There are some alternatives in the area - give the HS/MS courses that are just a few miles away a shot (Mountain View HS, Thunder Ridge HS, Cresthill MS).

Lighthouse

5+    6/24/2012   6/26/2012
Review By: Moss
Pros: Can work on wind game since it's often windy here - not much in the way of natural windbreaks. Long holes. Convenient for DTCers. Nice turf tees.
Cons: Keep your eyes on your disc as elevation changes mixed with foliage can make discs harder to find than you might think. Tee markers don't provide distances for all pin placements.
Other Thoughts: Closest course to me. Played it many dozens of times. Once you figure out the wind and get used to how to keep track of discs in this type of terrain (haven't lost a disc here in years), the course grows on you. Lots of critters around (lizards, snakes, rabbits) if that interests you.

Fun Open course, Hot and Windy

5+    6/26/2011   6/26/2011
Review By: StoneWallKid
This review was updated on 6/12/2012
Pros: This place is nice cause its dedicated to disc golfers. Its wide open, which is great for practicing long shots..
Cons: Tons of brush that stands 1-6ft high everywhere! Its usually very windy, and very hot! There's not a lot of variety. Its pretty much just wide open with a bunch of plants to lose your disc under/get hurt by.
Other Thoughts: Even though its wide open, there are still some pretty cool shots.. The use of hills and a side creek/gorge make for some interesting and somewhat challenging shots.. Its usually pretty crowded, but most of the layout keeps you from playing back into another group. Since it was close to my house I've probably played David Lorenz more than any other park. I went all the time in the morning 7-9am and there was only ever 1-2 people out.

Beware for Newer & or White Disc Players

1    3/4/2011   3/6/2011
Review By: Beef Chief
Pros: Great for distance practice for the novice and semi-novice, as well as approach practice. Great show-off for the advanced. Most holes are long enough to give you a good mid-range/putt challenge if your drive isn't far. Nice Scenery.
Cons: I played 54 holes here in one day with a buddy, and had a blast. I mainly used a white Valkyrie, he a neon red Buzzz or ~red driver. I tell you, my disc never landed in a hard-to-find spot, but it took forever to locate that white plastic WAY to many times on this bush-infested course. His disks were easy to find embedded in bushes.
Other Thoughts: Don't use a white disc unless you're prepared for lots of looking!

Lighthouse

5+    10/4/2010   10/12/2010
Review By: Bmfindley
Pros: -Typically not overly populated
-Tee boxes are turf and in very good shape
-Baskets in good condition
-Not a ton of obstacles, so this is mosty a grip it ad rip it course, with the exception of hole #3
-I prefer the front 9 to the back so usually just get a quick session it on the front and bounce
-Pretty wide open course with a lot of space to work with
-The desert landscape is a nice change of pace when you are in the mood for it
-Good location, I usually play here when waiting to pick up a family member from nearby Sky Ridge hospital.
Cons: -Windy
-Zero shade after hole 5, which can be a beating
-No benches after hole #1
-Lot's of brush. I've never lost a disc here as I always try to keep a good eye to see which bush my disc lands near, but I could see how you could if you weren't completely lucid or weren't paying attention. My biggest problem with the brush is walking through it to get to my disc, I prefer shorts but long pants would not be a bad idea...
-Back nine begins to feel a little monotonus
-FYI there is a sign on #5 (near the pin_ that says "poison ivy," but there isn't any in there, trust me
Other Thoughts: I enjoy this course, but wouldn't want to play it every day, or even every week.

Better than expected

2-4    9/20/2009   1/20/2010
Review By: Camgolfer
Pros: This course has a few fun shots that allow you to work on different skills. Most of the holes are open so players with bigger arms can easily air out the discs. Hole 3 is my favorite hole. It is a short shot down in to a hole with native plants and trees guarding the basket. Elevation changes give opportunity for some good drives. Disc golf only park.
Cons: Natural tees are rutted and in poor shape. The course is often grown high with weeds so disc spotting is a must. Some shots are not unique and are not remembered. The parking lot is small. Can get muddy after rain or snow.
Other Thoughts: I would play this course more often if it was closer, but I live on the north side of Denver so I have to make a special trip to get there. The baskets seem to be set rather high off the ground. Be sure to bring a map and a spotter if you play in the summer. Some memorable holes are 3, 6, 13 & 18.

5+    6/16/2009   6/18/2009
Review By: otterchap
This review was updated on 6/25/2009
Pros: -Disc Golf Only
- Wide open holes but still challenging due to foliage
- usually very good weather
Cons: - Very shrubby with prickly bushes
- some poison ivy
- can be VERY difficult to locate discs
- Easy to lose disc
Other Thoughts: -Wear pants and shoes NO sandals
no matter how good the weather is

A real disc eater

5+    8/16/2008   10/16/2008
Review By: jbehm20
Pros: Disc golf course only on very large, open terrain. Not overcrowded at all. Good park to bring your dog. Some elevation change, so that is quite nice.
Cons: Known to be a bit muddy and brush can get out of control during certain times of the year (leads to many, many lost discs). Every hole kind of feels the same.
Other Thoughts: Make sure to wear pants during most of the year or you will be tore up!