Monticello, GA
The Monty @ Deer Ridge Share
Uploaded By: Luke Hole #4 (Taken 1/2010)
3 / 203ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #4 Tee: 201'

The Monty

1    1/22/2012   1/23/2012
Review By: 3OrangeWhips
This review was updated on 4/2/2012
Pros: Long, extremely tight fairways cut through a dense pine forest requiring a series of pinpoint throws to score well. Dense rough punishes errant throws.
Cons: Long, extremely tight fairways cut through a dense pine forest requiring a series of pinpoint throws to score well. Dense rough punishes errant throws.
Other Thoughts: I am not trying to be a smart alec with my identical pros and cons, but instead am trying to say that depending on your tastes, you will either really like this course or really dislike it. I really disliked it, while the other player in my group really liked it. This course is the result of a labor of love and you can really see the effort that has gone into making it happen. It looks like several holes have trees marked for removal so I believe this course is continuing to evolve. Ultimately my lower rating is based on the fact that every hole, with the exception of distance, is pretty much the same: very long, very tight, pretty much straight, and lots of pine trees everywhere. It should also be noted that many of the holes appear significantly longer than the posted distances and the course has changed from what is posted in the photo section (the final three open holes have now been pushed back into the woods).

****4/2/12 Luke has asked me to go out and take another look. My review may be unfair or out of date or both. I will head back out there as soon as time permits.****

Rustic

1    8/20/2011   8/21/2011
Review By: ow.douglas
This review was updated on 2/14/2012
Pros: There is a ton of potential here and if this was really done by 2 guys on a shoe string budget they deserve the golden disc award. Everything here looks homemade, I think that the baskets are homemade. If you look at the back of the signs, there is something else on the other side.
Cons: This place is rough and rustic, look for the animal skulls along the way. The 18th basket is right at the entrance to the county landfill. Are you getting the picture here?
Other Thoughts: I don't know the history of this course and don't live in the area. The best word that I can find for this place is rustic. From reading these other reviews it appears that two guys built this on their own with no support. If this is in fact the case, job well done. It looks like a labor of love. If you like concrete tee pads with great signs that show you the distance and where the next tee is, this is not the place for you. I was there on a Saturday at around 10:00 AM and was the only car there at the start and the finish.

****2/14/12 Luke has asked me to go out and take another look. My review may be unfair or out of date or both. I will head back out there as soon as time permits.****