Madison, AL
Dublin Park Share
Uploaded By: ChrisL430 Hole #6 (Taken 10/2012)
-- / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 Nice Little Pitch & Putt Course!

1    7/7/2009   7/7/2009
Pros: First of all, the course is not mostly flat, it's mostly on the side of slightly, sloped hillside. There wasn't one hole that was flat. It's set below a children's play area fort and some tennis courts in a small wooded area. I've never seen these baskets before. They're made by Instep and they are made of the thinnest guage metal (with single chains) that I've ever encountered. Thus far, no goofy teenager has climbed up on one and bent it all to hell. The course is very short but four holes do play uphill adding to the difficulty. It is a perfect place to bring the beginner or for the neighborhood 5th graders to learn to play. There are no teepads, just white posts with a number on them. There are a few trees to throw around.
Cons: I looked long and hard for the # 9 basket but couldn't locate it. I asked a maintenance worker and he looked at me like I was green with an eye in the middle of my forehead! The white tee markers are freestanding. A teen prankster, not really being malicious, could really screw with visiting players like me by moving these around.
Other Thoughts: This is a decent little course for what it is, that is a Pitch & Putt or a beginner course or maybe a total recreational course. I can always see the purpose of these types of courses and appreciate having them around. If I lived in this neighborhood, I'd be over trying to rack up the aces or trying to shoot 9 under.

Short and Quick

2-4    4/27/2009   4/30/2009
Review By: roc54
Pros: Nice variety of shots. Good for a quick game after work or for beginners like me.
Cons: None for me yet. Still learning. I figure that experienced players would need more of a challenge.
Other Thoughts: Got my first hole in one here!

Bring the newbies and children!

1    3/16/2009   3/18/2009
Review By: wirerat123
Pros: I gave it a low score for one reason only, it's not going to appeal in the least to your typical disc golfer that started on other courses. But grab your buddies who have kids and wives that want to go try this Disc Golf thing you keep talking about and this is PERFECT.
Cons: It is what it is, and nothing more. This is a course designed with one thing in mind. Family fun and introducing new people to the sport without them getting frustrated because they can't throw a 300' drive.
Other Thoughts: Snatch up those that never can get away from their families long enough to try the game, make em pack up the kids and the wife, hand them all some of your spare beat up discs, show them some basics, and watch em have a blast.

1 2 Next >