Lexington, KY
Shillito Park Share
Uploaded By: dobbins66 Hole #8
Hole #8 Approach

A course I'd bring my kids to

1    4/10/2010   4/22/2010
Review By: upfromtheashes
Pros: The grass was nicely mowed. Most of the holes are aesthetically pleasing.

Most holes are short and open, making this a good course for kids and/or beginners.
Cons: There's just not much challenge here. Most holes are short and have maybe 1 tree to worry about. That's not enough to create interesting holes. We got bored very quickly. The land available is not very large and a number of holes were scrunched on top of one another. The flow from hole to hole was bad in several places.

The course was overcrowded, and the baskets were showing their age. Signs and teepads were below average.
Other Thoughts: If I lived in Lexington, I'd bring my kids to play this course. However, I don't live in Lexington, and I'm not sure it's worth driving to.

2/21/2008   2/21/2008
Review By: bryon
Pros: Open course that I thought may have been a bit boring, however it was packed with players when I visited so it must be very popular. (Unlike the other course in Lexington which I enjoyed much more which had no one playing it) All holes except for the last one were pretty straight forward and on the shorter side as far as most courses go.