Lexington, KY
Shillito Park Share
Uploaded By: Atvizory2000 Hole #9 (Taken 2/2014)

Okay Course

1    7/12/2014   6/5/2015
Review By: NothingButChain
Pros: -Located in a good area and well marked off
-Convenient location
-Not an aggressive course, which allows for more relaxed play
Cons: -Not very challenging
-Have to worry about park traffic on some holes
Other Thoughts: Had been to this park many times in the past, but happened to notice that it had a disc golf course the last time I was there. I decided to play a round with some of the free time I had and was somewhat underwhelmed. The course is VERY easy. Could have played most of it with a mid-range disc. If I was looking to practice my short game, it would be a nice course to visit, but it just doesn't provide the type of challenge to bring me back. I would venture that this is a good course for beginners though.

1    7/17/2008   7/20/2008
Review By: ZMan44
This review was updated on 12/10/2008
Pros: Concrete tees. Decent mix of shots required and good use of available land and a decent mix of elevation. Plenty of ace runs. the possibility of shooting an exceptional round is very good at this course...even if you are from out-of-town.
Cons: Some of the baskets were in rough shape. A few throws were dangerously close to roads. Very short until the last 2 holes and those were still not very long. There is a pool in the same park and at times some of the kids might yell at you for a laugh. If you are easily distracted, even in your throwing motion, this can be a con.
Other Thoughts: Since we were canvassing central Kentucky this was not a bad stop. I wouldn't go out of my way to ever play it again but I might stop by if I am ever in Lexington and want to have a quick round. This course lacked any semblance of memorability. It was well kept and the fairways were well defined. The overall design was basic, but since it is in a public park with a nice pool, it is probably a great way to get youngsters integrated into the sport. When we played this course there was one hole that was playing to a basket different than normal due to some trees being cut down or removed by the parks department. This made things a little confusing.