4 Helpful / 2 Not
Like tight fairways?
Pros: I played this course for the first time probably 8 months ago not too long after it opened up. Played it today for only the second time.
- Nice elevation changes that come into play on about half of the holes.
- Really nice signage has been installed since I first played it. Tee sign on each hole and directional sign at the end of each hole. It made navigating the course much easier.
- Holes 1 and 9 add some much needed variety to an otherwise extremely tight wooded course.
- Holes are pretty fairly balanced for lefties and righties.
- Holes 1, 4, 9, 10, 15, 17 are the only holes that I found to be both fair and enjoyable.
- Placed in a very nice park....stretching for pros now, moving onto the cons......
Cons: - Too many poke and hope holes. The fairways are not well defined on holes 7, 12, 14, 16, and 18. The rest of the holes minus hole 1 are tight at least one point in the fairway if not the entire length of the hole
- No variety in this course. Just a bunch of holes with either a tiny choke point, an unreasonably tight fairway or very little fairway definition.
- Debris from tree removal not taken off the fairway in some spots and not far off the fairway in other spots. This should clear up as the course gets worn in and time passes.
- Natty pads, which isn't always a horrible thing, but there seem to be a lot of roots around a lot of the pads. Can make up for some awkward run ups.
Other Thoughts: If you like tight, technical courses then you might like this course. Then again you might not because there is just too much luck involved in this course. This is the type of course that frustrates me to no end since I believe in fairways being well defined enough to make a course more about skill than luck. I would have like to have seen more variety in types of holes too. Holes 1, 4, 9, 13, 15 stand out to me among a bunch of 180ft-250ft tight fairways and poke and hopes. I would hope a few more trees could be taken out, but it looks like very little clearing has been done since I first play the course over half a year ago.
4 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.