Roseburg, OR
Riverfront Park Share
Uploaded By: domromer Hole #6
3 / --   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Update

1    8/17/2013   8/17/2013
Review By: adiscted
Pros: -Simple and fun
-Good for all skill levels
-no underbrush
-tees are easy to find and mostly marked well
Cons: -the walking path that runs through it seems heavily used
-fairways get kinda tangled up in holes 3 through 16; not too bad though
-might be scary walking down the fairways on a busy day
Other Thoughts: Watch out for the river off to the right of hole 2, if you get a bad drive in that direction, there isn't much to stop it. I love this course after playing it one time, but a busy day would probably leave a bad taste in my mouth. There are actual baskets, on all 18. I was unsure about that since the pics have tonepoles in them. Awesome course though with lots of hyzer/anhyzer shots. Most holes are quite short- under 300 feet

Great companion to the big WB

2-4    2/23/2011   5/2/2011
Review By: forehandfranz
This review was updated on 7/21/2013
Pros: Nice little city park that boasts groves of oak trees that create an old school technical track. Most of the holes are reachable from the tee and force a whole gamut of shot-making. Lots of opportunities for aces and birdies (woohoo!).....also for bogies as there's enough trees around to make things interesting.

Though overall the length of the holes are shorter than most, it's a great time and decent challenge.
Cons: There must be something about the popularity of the park- I was all alone until late on a chilly winter day, then many people showed at once and just kinda cut through on me. I just shrugged it off and ended up playing a couple holes with one of the strays and met a new friend. So, I turned a con into a pro...

A majority of the holes are crammed very close together and it's easy to shank into the other fairways, but everybody seems to know what to watch out for.

A map would be helpful at a couple points. But until they post one - here are a couple tips to help you navigate. After you finish 6, turn to your 4:00 and head toward the paved path to find tee 7. After 8, a sign will guide you left - play from the first tee you come to. It doesn't have a metal plate with a number on it (most of the back 9 are missing numbered plates on the tees, but most of the remaining tees are pretty easy to find).
Other Thoughts: I think people traveling far (like myself) will tend to skip this in favor of Whistler's Bend, but it's well-worth checking out!

Seems to attract a homeless contingent. Don't get me wrong - my experience was with the kind that are drunk and up to no good, not just the type that don't have a home. I ran into one on the 18th hole - a guy, shirtless who was so drunk he was struggling to just stand. I helped him hobble to a place where he could sit out of the sun, but, man, that guy creeped me out. Another discer told me that guy was a frequent visitor to the course......

warm up for whistlers

2-4    1/15/2011   1/17/2011
Review By: bthoma1
Pros: Nice course with tee signs in the teepad.
easy navigation, as I had no problem getting around
Pitch and Putt type of course
Cons: crowded
Holes to close together and you often have to watch out as some fairways are literally on top of the other
no bathrooms that I seen
Not that it's a bad thing but I saw three cops driving around there the one day I was there.
Other Thoughts: Riverfront is literally like a glorified pitch and putt course. Fairly easy with not that many challenges. It is located on the otherside of town as Whistlers Bend, but a great warm up forthe big dawg.
Not sure about pro or con, but most holes seem like ace runs and as I like I cahllenge I don't like that. But I love the thrill of stepping up to about every other hole knowing an ace is a possibility
Would hate for it to be my home course, but would still play it.

Well Designed Throw In Roseburg!

1    5/30/2010   6/10/2010
Pros: This course plays on a fairly narrow strip of land near the river. The teepads have these metal plates inbedded in them with the pertinent information. We really liked the flow of the course. It begins and ends in the same part of the park, always a plus. It's not long but just a fun little city park course. It's flat with scattered trees and not much underbrush. On the final few throws there is a chain link fence with wire on the top. If one were to make a really terrible throw (as I did) then that someone would be looking at scaling this fence Army Ranger style. But alas, there are numerous gates along the fence allowing one access to retrieve one's embarassingly poor tee offs. Navigation was easy for us as there were many players this day and it was easy to follow the group ahead of us. I love it when you see a course like this receiving heavy play from familes and husband/wife teams, teens, newbies, etc.
Cons: Nothing in particular. Some folks would probably be a little concerned with the safety aspect as a couple of holes do have you teeing off in the direction of the next pads. There was a guy or two hanging out. One looked a step above a homeless guy and was friendly and seemed interested in our game. There's not much room here to really air it out. Just a good course to practice your mid-range game and get in a fun round.
Other Thoughts: This course perfectly fits the niche it was created for. That would be beginners/novices/families and better players just looking for a fun little throw or maybe getting in some practice. I'm impressed with both the design and the upkeep of Riverfront. I'd be perfectly happy being to play here regularly with other more challenging courses so close.