Warwick, NY
Brakewell Steel / Warwick Park - Wolfe Woods Share
Uploaded By: toothyfish Hole #13 (Taken 12/2010)
Hole #13 Approach

1 2 Next >
 Woods are Good

2-4    4/12/2010   4/16/2010
Review By: StringPeachIncident
Pros: *Multiple Tee spots creating numerous different shots
*Lots of variety in throws
*Awesome elevation and gullies to throw down and over, especially 7 and 14
*More rugged and secluded than Brakewell/Steele
*Alot of water hazards to play over
Cons: *Can be a little muddy
*You may have to scout for the pin bfore throwing if its your first time there
Other Thoughts: After playing the Brakewell/Steele course which got a little confusing towards the last few holes, we stumbled upon a beat up rubber mat tee spot and hucked our discs from there, we wound up back in Wolfe Woods and decided to skip 18 of Brakewell an play the woods 18. Besides being practically alone compared to the field holes, the shots were all fun and made you wana throw more than just one disc sick chunnels and alot of water hazads are always a good time too, it suprised me that more people weren in the woods than on the field. Great set of 18and look forward to going back soon. Also avoid disc golf players with purple MC Hammer pants and pony tails cuz they'll cut you off while your playing the long tees and theyre sucking it up on the shorts.

5+    4/13/2009   7/28/2009
Review By: StymieDidIt
Pros: Heavily wooded but a lot of fun to play. Stream comes into play a number of times. Short and long tees. Good elevation changes and lots of technical holes. Big arms won't have much of an advantage here.
Cons: I found the rubber pads to be slippery when wet and hard to throw from. some tees are dirt, which was fine for the hole. Definately a 2/3 season course. By the end of April or earky May the course is barely navigable. The lost disc factor would be too great. Better markings and signs would be great. Without the map that I printed off the website, I don't think I would have been able to find my way from hole to hole.
Other Thoughts: I really like the course despite the cons that I wrote. The group I play with, can't wait till the Fall so we can get in there and play it again

Secret Joyride in the Woods

1    3/28/2009   5/28/2009
Review By: optidiscic
Pros: This was the most wonderful surprise I have ever experienced playing disc golf. Not many people realize that there is a technical full 18 woods course just a few feet away from World Famous Brakewell Steele/Warwick Park. The course is not advertised and is quite hidden. If you pay attention somewhere around the tee pad for hole 15 if you wander a bit you will see a mystery tee facing the other direction. Be adventurous you will be rewarded. This course is just a real throwback thrill to play. A stream intersects the course several times and comes into play on many of the holes. There are tight technical shots that roll up and down little hills. This course is a real joyride. Playing over the stream, the wonderful undulations, tight but fair lanes, and the overall feeling of exploring this secret 18 makes this course a real treat. Every technical shot imagineable is needed back here. Don't think this is just a dumb tight little woods course...This course is fun and challenging. Perfect complement to the Famous Course it hides in the shadows from. You will be avoiding creeks, driving down and up and over little valleys and in the end you will be left wanting more. This course could stand alone and be worth a trip but being next to one of the most famous courses in the world makes this place a true destination. If you ever want to experience the roots of the game it can be found here!
Cons: A little rough in places. Lots of junk in the woods. Refrigerators etc. Tee pads are just dirt. Not well marked. I never found the basket for 17 though I played the fairway and it was fun. I can't complain much I was just so impressed and had so much fun back there.
Other Thoughts: Long live Wolfie Woods. I hope the locals can keep this little dream alive. Some of the holes here do offer some decent distance as well as technique to play.

1 2 Next >