Whitehall, PA
Jordan Creek Share
Hole #17 Tee: Fairway makes a right hand turn over the hill to the basket on a down-slope.

Great course

5+    4/21/2012   4/26/2012
Review By: Wilder
Pros: This course is the best in the Lehigh Valley!
-Less then 5 minutes off of Route 22.
-There is a practice basket next to the parking lot, which comes in handy.
-Bulletin board next to the basket with information about the course.
-Holes 1 and 2 are currently under construction so there are two temporary holes near hole 3's picnic bench.
-Constant care, never overgrown fairways.
-Tight fairways, cause difficult but make able shots.
-Concrete tee pads.
-Hole signs. Very clear and show you exactly where you need to go.
-Well maintained tree limbs. You don't have to worry about teeing off and there be a tree limb, dangling 5 feet in front of you.
-Hole 5 has a new pin placement. Not quite done yet though.
-Hole 7's pond was about 5 feet below what it usually is after all the rain.
-Hole 18 now has a new and improved tee box.
-Never foot or bike traffic on this course! There are bike trails but most of them are not near the course. If there is someone on a bike they will be out of your way within seconds. Same with the foot traffic, barely any.
-Long par 4's (hole 10) and long par 3's (hole 13).
-Every type of shot is needed on this course.
-Also, none of the baskets have any dents or loose chains.
Cons: -Parking sometimes is an issue during the summer because there are tennis courts in the same area.
-The temporary holes do not have tee box's so it can get a little slippery.
-A lot of poison ivy. If you stay on the fairway the whole time you don't have to worry. As soon as you go off, you may come into connect with a lot of poison.
-Since the course is wooded you do find snakes, mainly small snakes, but just watch where you walk because you do not want to step on one.
-Sometimes in the summer, hole 7 is extremely difficult to play because the water can reach the basket which means you cant possible play the hole without your disc going into the water.
Other Thoughts: Overall, phenomenal course. It is maintained almost every other day and is never overgrown. This course is a mixture between a wooded course and an open course. Holes 11-13 is an open fairway with baskets 11 and 12 tucked about 10 yards in the woods. Then holes 14-17 are back in the woods again. On some holes (hole 4) you have to keep the disc low because you don't want to get caught in a tree. Then on hole 9 you can grip it and rip it.
If you are in Eastern PA, Jordan Creek should be one of your destinations.

Stopped by from Maine for a round or 5

1    10/23/2011   10/27/2011
Review By: seano2222
Pros: Gets a 5.0 from me because I have yet to play any better. I purposely stayed in Allentown for a weekend to explore the cluster of highly rated courses in the area. Jordan Creek was the one that drew me back for a total of 5 rounds before I left - I just couldn't get enough of this course.

The course is immaculately maintained by park grounds crew. There are many grass fairways surrounded by or including trees. On this late fall day, even the most remote of them had been vacuumed free of leaves. Didn't see any garbage anywhere. Most roads would envy bridges as nice as this park had for river crossings.

Signage, tee pads and baskets all in great shape. There are some pictures here that look like natural tee boxes, but to the best of my recollection all of the tee boxes we of the improved variety, mostly grip textured concrete.

No real navigation issues for a first timer. The course traverses the park in a figure 8 loop and herd paths from one hole to the next are obvious (possible exception of 15 to 16 in the fall). The loop aspect is a great feature, adding a pleasant seclusion. You rarely can see golfers unless in front or behind you - No errant disc seekers on your fairway ever, no discs flying in unexpectedly. Even with a crowded parking lot, it feels like you have the course to yourself.

The level of play is exceptional. Lots of open but bordered fairways, that can take a full swing drive with your choice of disc - Followed by more technical approach work. Elevation and structure are constantly in play, while not being overbearing. Lots of water to keep you honest, the 18th hole crosses rivers twice! A decent share of holes have treed fairways, but never obnoxiously tight. Ground cover surrounding the fairways is not difficult to contend with if you ricochet off track (some pucker-brush though)
Cons: Hole 7 and 8 had been overtaken by water from what the locals tell me was a summer full of consecutive storms. 8 was messy but playable. I didn't risk losing a disc on 7. Extrapolating from the signage it was about 275 across the water (a flooded mine shaft). The short pin placement was under water. Too risky a distance and too tight a space like this for me to consistently land a disc. You could see where many of the fairways showed signs of receded flooding. If what the locals say is true, this isn't normally a knock on this course.

There is a good amount of mountain bike and cross country runner traffic that a few times was sudden and unexpected.

Other Thoughts: First time through, make sure to get the lay of the land, some fairways run along the river without being obvious from the tee. A few of the baskets are placed right up to the river's edge, but you can't necessarily see this from even from approach distance.

I liked that Lehigh County Parks had standardized the signage on at least this course and Lehigh Parkway ,that I had also played - Whether you like the information on the signs or not, knowing what to expect from signs when moving from one course to another is good for the game.

Most Memorable Hole: 18 with it's steep drop off the tee and daunting water crossings.

Favorite Holes: 9, 10, 13, 14 & 18

Destination Course

5+    5/15/2011   6/7/2011
Review By: Hyzer_Soze
This review was updated on 6/9/2011
Pros: - This course requires every shot in your in your bag.
- Most holes can be played several different ways, making it a thinking players course.
- One of the host courses of 2005 world championship. A well deserved honor.
- Long drives are a plus if you want to go low, but shorter accurate players can still score near par if they're on their game.
- All holes have clear, sometimes demanding but always fair paths to the basket.
- Great tee signs, logical navigation, many benches and garbage cans.
Cons: - The course has been crowded as of late, but I guess that's a testament to its greatness.
- There's some mountain bike traffic, but their paths seldom get in the way of disc golfers.
Other Thoughts: I was fortunate enough to have played this as my home course since the early 1990's. I've seen it change many times and while I miss some of the old holes that have been retired, I really think they've made the best of the land with their current layout.

I gave this course a 5.0. I don't take that lightly. Jordan is the course by which I measure all others. I'm blessed to live in an area with multiple world class courses nearby and I consider Jordan the best.

Jor-dang......

1    8/14/2010   8/17/2010
Review By: TheWCG
Pros: Overall is an extremely well balanced course. Its got pretty much everything in a course you could ask for. Natural Beauty, Challenge, Variety, Elevation, and Serious obstacles..
Cons: I honesty can't really say anything bad about this course. But, this is the "Cons" box so.... There was a NO flushable toilet on hole 14.
Other Thoughts: This is definitely one of my top favorite courses. I've been pretty much everywhere around the US and Canada (just got into DG a couple years ago), and this piece of land is a very unique place. Tons of natural beauty, and interesting landscape. As Im from the midwest, I don't see or play DG on terrain like this. Very different and unique place to play! Props to whomever mantains this course! And call me crazy but hole 7 was one of my favorite holes by far. Not much room for error at all. Got through unscaved.......:)

Amazing. Just, absolutely amazing.

5+    6/12/2010   6/13/2010
Review By: Theli420
Pros: - Its stunning beauty. There are some holes that are just amazing. #18, standing on top of a hill throwing over the creek once... Then you get walk down the steps built (though watch your last step now..), over the bridge to find your disc to learn that you have to throw over the creek, AGAIN! That is the best finisher I have ever played, and will be tough to beat. My favorite definently has to be #3, a nice LHBH for me that doglegs right. I just let my Katana rip and it takes care of the rest.

- Variety. You have your lengthy holes, like #5 in the B position, where you drive through a fairway thats initially narrow with trees on both sides, creek off to far right through trees, then the fairway opens up after getting past a private residence. Don't worry though, residence does not come into play. You also have some short ace runs like #2, with multiple lanes for either righty or lefty. I can throw LHBH or LHFH and, if executed, an ace run is definently possible, and also on the pond hole #7 in "A" position.There is uphill blind drives as well, like on #12, with open fairway, and basket tucked just into the woods on the left. Of course, there's the world's famous "Mountain Hole" on #10, an absolute beast with a huge drop off to the creek on the right once you climb the mountain, and all kinds of shrapnel on the left. I am also a fan of #13, straight downhill with a pictureesque (sp?) view of the hole at the bottom, with Jordan Creek bordering the back if you juice up on the HGH beforehand.

- Several picnic benches, great signage, and tons of trash cans help keep the course's natural beauty in tact (despite some of it being built on a former garbage dump or landfill).

- 5 minutes from my house. I am proud to call this my home course. This is where I have been learning for the last 3 months how to play this game.
Cons: - Gnarly rough present on a lot of holes. I would recommend wearing high socks, or pants, so your legs don't get destroyed like mine did looking for some wayward drives.

- Non DG'ers. You'll see people back there partying, some mountain bikers, people walking their dogs. Be vigilant. Sometimes you'll get kids that wander from the nearby baseball fields, as well. One time on #5 some guy was taking water for some reason and parked his van directly in front of #5 "B" pin. He spoke no English and he didn't understand my hand gestures with my frisbee (i was pointing at the basket and making a throwing motion).
Other Thoughts: This is the most amazing course I've ever played. You can let it rip on some holes, need some finesse on some holes (like #14 and #15, back to back technical wooded holes), and plain ol' courage on others. This course has it all. The course is very well-maintained and has amazing concrete tee boxes for launch. I can not say enough good things about this place, other than PLAY IT AND PLAY IT OFTEN!!!! Again, if anyone from out of town needs a course guide or anyone ever wants to play, send me a message. This is an absolute 5!

Eastern PA's Best

5+    5/8/2010   5/8/2010
Review By: CorMan
Pros: This course has every shot in the book, Ups, Downs, Lefts, and Rights. Beautiful fairways in the woods, I have played 10+ Eastern PA courses and this one is by far the best. A great Par 3 course with some real nice holes that make it worth playing as often as you can make it out.
Cons: If you are not accurate with your throws you might spend a good amount of time looking for your disc and may lose it for good.
Other Thoughts: Pond hole #7, Mountian hole #10, #13, and two rivers #18 are the signature holes. The rest of the course is just as awesome. I really enjoy the cut out fairways. And the obstacles in the fairways make this course comparable to ball golf. I would recommend that every Discgolfer play this course

Great course

5/3/2007   5/28/2007
Review By: primoriot
Pros: This is the most enjoyable course that I have played. It offers a wide variety of holes - some long and open, some short and heavily wooded, and others are steep and hilly. The course is well-groomed and features 3 or 4 of the most memorable holes that I have ever played (Holes 7, 9, 13, and 18 come to mind).
Cons: Some of the tee pads need a bit of work. The carpet is coming off in some spots, and I can remember several occasions where I have pulled or released drives too early because I had slipped on the tee-pad.
Other Thoughts: This course also features a variety of water obstacles. A river or lake comes into play on holes 1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, and 18 ( twice on 18 ;-) ). However, the water is generally shallow, so bring a pair of sandles or water shoes and you can easily retrieve most water-thrown discs. However, the lake on hole 7 is deep and features very stagnant water that I would not set foot in. I would imagine it currently holds over 40-50 discs.