Whitehall, PA
Jordan Creek Share
Uploaded By: bcr123psu Hole #7 (Taken 9/2010)
3 / --   3 / 243ft. Par / Distance:

5+    6/19/2011   6/25/2011
Review By: gauma369
Pros: -Tons of different shot opportunity
-Nice tee signs
-Nice tee pads
-Water in play
-Good use of elevation
Cons: -'Next tee' signs would help new players
-Hole 11 and 12 of repetitive
-Going from hole 11 to 12 you must pass in front of hole 17 tee(can be dangerous if its crowded which it can be and you aren't paying attention)
Other Thoughts: Been playing this course for years and saw some of the changes they have made and I must say they are for the absolute best. The course has come a long way and it now is up at the top for must play disc golf course in eastern PA. Nice stretch of open holes and wooded holes with some nice water holes thrown in. Pretty much everything you want in a disc golf course. Props to Lehigh Valley Disc Golf organization for keeping this course in great shape.
If your traveling a distance to play this course make a day of it and play Little Lehigh Parkway and/or Nockamixon State park.

Just play it, you will thank me later

5+    6/5/2011   6/19/2011
Review By: KAK3990
Pros: -A gem of a course that insists that the player execute a wide variety of shots
-Beautiful natural setting with a creek, a mountain and woodlands
-Good tee pads and signage
-Lots of benches, tables and trashcans throughout
-Excellent fishing on Jordan Creek
Cons: -Can get very busy, especially on weekends
-Multi-use park, lots of bikers, dog walkers and fisherman
-low lying holes can be muddy
-An arrow would be useful on one or two holes for first timers
Other Thoughts: Jordan Creek is a definite must play. It is a challenging course that isn't too long or obscenely difficult. Its tough but not overbearing, as an above average rec level player I enjoy playing it.
If it rained recently be aware that there will probably be mud present.
There are lots of unique holes present throughout this course, with #7. #10. and #18 being my favorites.
Just play it, you will thank me later

Destination Course

5+    5/15/2011   6/7/2011
Review By: Hyzer_Soze
This review was updated on 6/9/2011
Pros: - This course requires every shot in your in your bag.
- Most holes can be played several different ways, making it a thinking players course.
- One of the host courses of 2005 world championship. A well deserved honor.
- Long drives are a plus if you want to go low, but shorter accurate players can still score near par if they're on their game.
- All holes have clear, sometimes demanding but always fair paths to the basket.
- Great tee signs, logical navigation, many benches and garbage cans.
Cons: - The course has been crowded as of late, but I guess that's a testament to its greatness.
- There's some mountain bike traffic, but their paths seldom get in the way of disc golfers.
Other Thoughts: I was fortunate enough to have played this as my home course since the early 1990's. I've seen it change many times and while I miss some of the old holes that have been retired, I really think they've made the best of the land with their current layout.

I gave this course a 5.0. I don't take that lightly. Jordan is the course by which I measure all others. I'm blessed to live in an area with multiple world class courses nearby and I consider Jordan the best.

jordan creek

2-4    5/25/2011   5/26/2011
Review By: tmc3442
Pros: difficulty progresses with holes
lots of different shot called for
lots of different looks (wooded ,open, water, uphill, downhill)
guy in parking lot selling discs cheaper than stores
Cons: no next hole markings
mountain bikers
can be very muddy
hole 7 over pond most ppl skip
hole 10 up a crazy hill
nothing to stop anyone from coming back
Other Thoughts: will play again if in the area

1    10/20/2010   10/25/2010
Review By: jkdisc
Pros: This was my favorite course on my Eastern PA DG trip. The first thing I noticed was the well-maintainted grass in the lightly wooded areas. It really made a beautiful fairway with a tree canopy.

Other Pros:
-easy and logical navigation
-informative tee signs
-variety including: distances, wooded/open, elevation, turns, hazards, risk/reward
-awesome, big tee pads!
-picnic tables at the tees are a nice touch
Cons: Not too many:
-mountain bikers were evident on a few holes but there really wasn't any other park goers besides them to avoid
-not for beginers is relative (once you have a bit of control you can enjoy the course)
Other Thoughts: The water comes into play on several holes. The creek is an easy retrieval if the water is what I saw it at (I imagine large rain fall can make it difficult.) Hole #7 is a throw over but it's 243 ft. and you do get to throw from a hill but there is still a nice risk/reward. Every local I ran into was very friendly which is always a plus. I can't wait to get back there!

Jor-dang......

1    8/14/2010   8/17/2010
Review By: TheWCG
Pros: Overall is an extremely well balanced course. Its got pretty much everything in a course you could ask for. Natural Beauty, Challenge, Variety, Elevation, and Serious obstacles..
Cons: I honesty can't really say anything bad about this course. But, this is the "Cons" box so.... There was a NO flushable toilet on hole 14.
Other Thoughts: This is definitely one of my top favorite courses. I've been pretty much everywhere around the US and Canada (just got into DG a couple years ago), and this piece of land is a very unique place. Tons of natural beauty, and interesting landscape. As Im from the midwest, I don't see or play DG on terrain like this. Very different and unique place to play! Props to whomever mantains this course! And call me crazy but hole 7 was one of my favorite holes by far. Not much room for error at all. Got through unscaved.......:)

My Favorite Course of All!

1    7/3/2010   7/6/2010
Review By: teamgeopuff@gmail.co
Pros: A chance to throw just about every shot in your arsenal. This course has challenging holes that require finess and wide open let er rip holes that are fun! Well maintained, perfect equipment and the concrete tee's are all in tip top shape. Hole ten starts off the back 9 with a fantastic uphill basket that takes a little care.
Cons: Hole 7 is an expert level water challenge hole with a stagnant pond to throw over, many holes offer medium to dense brush along the edges of the course and it is easy to lose discs, hole 18 is another expert hole with a significant water obstacle.
Other Thoughts: This course is the best in the Lehigh Valley that I have seen and is mhy personal favorite. It has the full range of challenges that a disc golfer wants in a full 18 hole round of DG. Uphills, downhills, open fields, advanced water in play, even some wooded technical terrain. All around great course!

Amazing. Just, absolutely amazing.

5+    6/12/2010   6/13/2010
Review By: Theli420
Pros: - Its stunning beauty. There are some holes that are just amazing. #18, standing on top of a hill throwing over the creek once... Then you get walk down the steps built (though watch your last step now..), over the bridge to find your disc to learn that you have to throw over the creek, AGAIN! That is the best finisher I have ever played, and will be tough to beat. My favorite definently has to be #3, a nice LHBH for me that doglegs right. I just let my Katana rip and it takes care of the rest.

- Variety. You have your lengthy holes, like #5 in the B position, where you drive through a fairway thats initially narrow with trees on both sides, creek off to far right through trees, then the fairway opens up after getting past a private residence. Don't worry though, residence does not come into play. You also have some short ace runs like #2, with multiple lanes for either righty or lefty. I can throw LHBH or LHFH and, if executed, an ace run is definently possible, and also on the pond hole #7 in "A" position.There is uphill blind drives as well, like on #12, with open fairway, and basket tucked just into the woods on the left. Of course, there's the world's famous "Mountain Hole" on #10, an absolute beast with a huge drop off to the creek on the right once you climb the mountain, and all kinds of shrapnel on the left. I am also a fan of #13, straight downhill with a pictureesque (sp?) view of the hole at the bottom, with Jordan Creek bordering the back if you juice up on the HGH beforehand.

- Several picnic benches, great signage, and tons of trash cans help keep the course's natural beauty in tact (despite some of it being built on a former garbage dump or landfill).

- 5 minutes from my house. I am proud to call this my home course. This is where I have been learning for the last 3 months how to play this game.
Cons: - Gnarly rough present on a lot of holes. I would recommend wearing high socks, or pants, so your legs don't get destroyed like mine did looking for some wayward drives.

- Non DG'ers. You'll see people back there partying, some mountain bikers, people walking their dogs. Be vigilant. Sometimes you'll get kids that wander from the nearby baseball fields, as well. One time on #5 some guy was taking water for some reason and parked his van directly in front of #5 "B" pin. He spoke no English and he didn't understand my hand gestures with my frisbee (i was pointing at the basket and making a throwing motion).
Other Thoughts: This is the most amazing course I've ever played. You can let it rip on some holes, need some finesse on some holes (like #14 and #15, back to back technical wooded holes), and plain ol' courage on others. This course has it all. The course is very well-maintained and has amazing concrete tee boxes for launch. I can not say enough good things about this place, other than PLAY IT AND PLAY IT OFTEN!!!! Again, if anyone from out of town needs a course guide or anyone ever wants to play, send me a message. This is an absolute 5!

Eastern PA's Best

5+    5/8/2010   5/8/2010
Review By: CorMan
Pros: This course has every shot in the book, Ups, Downs, Lefts, and Rights. Beautiful fairways in the woods, I have played 10+ Eastern PA courses and this one is by far the best. A great Par 3 course with some real nice holes that make it worth playing as often as you can make it out.
Cons: If you are not accurate with your throws you might spend a good amount of time looking for your disc and may lose it for good.
Other Thoughts: Pond hole #7, Mountian hole #10, #13, and two rivers #18 are the signature holes. The rest of the course is just as awesome. I really enjoy the cut out fairways. And the obstacles in the fairways make this course comparable to ball golf. I would recommend that every Discgolfer play this course

Jordan Creek

5+    1/14/2010   5/8/2010
Review By: kanobum
Pros: This course is ablsolutely the best course that we have played thus far. The terrain diversity is great. There is everything from open field throws to distance pond throws. Not enough can be said about this course. The best part is that no matter how many times you play it you will walk away from some holes smiling and others cursing.
Cons: The worst hole is the up hill throw. We can not figure this one out. This is also a LONG distance walking course. You will be tired but it is well worth it.
Other Thoughts: Our Lab/Collie loves this course because she can simply run. Watch out for the random bikers every so often.