Whitehall, PA
Jordan Creek Share
Hole #6 Tee: Tight fairways to a protected pin location.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
 Amazed this Course is in Allentown

6/27/2008   6/27/2008
Review By: jcavanaugh
Pros: Despite being in allentown this course is fantastic. I would have never expected to find a course along a creek, in a seemingly compleltly wooded area (even tho your right in the middle of allentown). Cement tee's are a great addition to this course. The course provides a great variety between openness, woods, and water. (watch out for the pond)
Cons: Some days mountian bikers come out of no where.

Fabulous

2-4    5/26/2008   5/26/2008
Review By: nosajeel99
This review was updated on 8/18/2008
Pros: This is a great course with a lot of variety. For the first few holes, I was enjoying myself but wondering if there would be anything different... Well, there was. There are shorter holes and longer holes. I thoroughly enjoyed myself on this course.

The scenery is beautiful. It seems like this park was made specifically for disc golfers.

There are fairways - much like what you would see on a ball golf course - grassy lanes with trees on both sides. There are a few wide open drives, but many holes require a drive that avoids certain trees.

One final thing: some of the holes actually took some planning of shots. It wasn't drive, lay up, putt like so many courses are. Some holes, especially #18 made me PLAN ahead a shot (do I safely lay up or do I go for it!?).
Cons: Some of the holes I felt were too similar. For example, #11 and #12 are basically the same hole. You throw on the same service road to a basket about 15 feet left of the road. Why not have #12's basket on the RIGHT for less monotony? I think if the holes were not right next to each other I wouldn't have noticed it as much, but I did think, "Didn't I just do this?"

Hole 14 felt like I was throwing at a bunch of trees with no real lane to aim for.

To get from the 11 basket to 12 tee you have to cross in front of #17's tee pad.

Hard to find the next tee pad in some cases (most of the time it is pretty easy). I only saw one "Next Tee" sign. Print out the map. Super helpful.
Other Thoughts: The concrete tee pads are all in. It seems there are some shorter tee pads, too, though they are not concrete.

Friendly locals. Lots of people out because of the Memorial Day holiday. Special thanks to the guy in the hat with the glasses for donating his map to my cause!

9/20/2007   9/26/2007
Review By: justin
Pros: Beautiful lush fairways and trash barrels at every tee. Sometimes you walk across dirt hike/bike trails which look like normal DG fairways to access the next hole which is alive with green (this was Sept). Very nice pond thorw which is always a plus in my book. 10 is the only killer hole up a dirt access road. Reminded me of something from Devens, Ma. After that there are a string of more traditional wooded holes with 2 more I would describe as lush (13/14). 18 is a 30' drop monster across one arm of the river with a right turn to face an island green across another arm of the river.
Cons: Tees looked like flypads with carpet on top...and it was torn. Pretty dangerous. I hope that gets fixed. No signs at tees though even if we didn't have a map we would have been ok to find every hole. #14's basket was uprooted an fallen when we played.
Other Thoughts: The very first hole lays the tempo. This course is all about control. Not extremely technical or long but you have to control your throws or you will end up in thick rough (but not as thorny as Lehigh's rough). Great balance of right/left bending fairways.

I nearly proposed to the front 9 of this course. I can't wait to play here again.

Very good course.

7/25/2007   7/25/2007
Review By: NIBSTOOLS
Pros: Variety is the key here. you'll need all the shots to get a low score on this one. The water hazzards are awesome. (probably wouldn't like them as much if I had lost plastic!)
Cons: The tee pads still need new carpet on many of them. one of my buddies caught his foot on one during a drive and fell down. The front 8 or 10 holes have signs showing the directions to the next tee. the rest in the back don't and we skipped right over 15. also there's no tee signs on any holes to show pin placement. I guess once you've muddled thru the first time you'd know. several holes have hidden pin location that cannot be seen from the tee.
Other Thoughts: This course is very fun and challenging, I will definately try to make it back again in the future!

A fun stop

5/27/2007   6/19/2007
Review By: timg
Pros: Good hole variety, unique in the sense that some holes have you throwing through fairly open alleys in the woods. Great variety in terrain and also well maintained.
Cons: Lack of signage made for a bit of confusion finding some holes. Tee pads were hurting as well.
Other Thoughts: Jordan will have you throwing over water, hiking hills and playing some really interesting holes. There's really something for everyone here and it's a guaranteed good time.

If you're a first timer here (as I was) I'd recommend a spotter for some holes if you really want to "go for it" as a bad shot will end up in the woods a lot of the time.

Very nice layout!

5+    11/20/2014   5/29/2007
Review By: adlacro
This review was updated on 11/21/2014
Pros: 18 holes of the best disc golf the Lehigh Valley has to offer. Baskets are in great shape. Fairways are well defined on a number of holes. Good mix of open holes with wooded, but fair holes. Concrete tees allow for a full run up. Many holes have alternate pins which change from time to time, and nine and ten offer permanent short par three baskets. Some water holes, but all except 7 are not intimidating, and the creek is shallow as of this write-up (more times than not it will be). No pinball holes. Excellent use of the land and the elevation. Holes 10 and 18 true standouts. A few signs were added between holes making it easier to find the next box.
Cons: Not for beginners. Bring the bug spray, and aquashoes wouldn't hurt either. Can flood in heavy rains. 7 can be intimidating if you don't have the distance to carry the water.
Other Thoughts: This is the best course in the valley, in my opinion. Nockamixon is technically not a Valley course, and although Parkway is very solid, I feel this course has more special shots and holes than Parkway. This must be your first stop if you've never been to the Valley before.

Great course

5/3/2007   5/28/2007
Review By: primoriot
Pros: This is the most enjoyable course that I have played. It offers a wide variety of holes - some long and open, some short and heavily wooded, and others are steep and hilly. The course is well-groomed and features 3 or 4 of the most memorable holes that I have ever played (Holes 7, 9, 13, and 18 come to mind).
Cons: Some of the tee pads need a bit of work. The carpet is coming off in some spots, and I can remember several occasions where I have pulled or released drives too early because I had slipped on the tee-pad.
Other Thoughts: This course also features a variety of water obstacles. A river or lake comes into play on holes 1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, and 18 ( twice on 18 ;-) ). However, the water is generally shallow, so bring a pair of sandles or water shoes and you can easily retrieve most water-thrown discs. However, the lake on hole 7 is deep and features very stagnant water that I would not set foot in. I would imagine it currently holds over 40-50 discs.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >