Whitehall, PA
Jordan Creek Share
Uploaded By: bcr123psu Hole #2 (Taken 9/2010)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Air Jordan

1    8/19/2014   9/8/2014
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Jordan Creek is attributed to an Eagle Scout who designed and built it to earn his badge, so to speak. Good job brother. I almost did a slow clap after the 18th hole. The long tees are concrete and have nice signs. The baskets were good quality also. Most importantly there are a couple of holes here that are incredible. The ones that are not quiet at that level are still solid and fun to play. The first several holes are in a mostly flat and grassy portion of the park. Trees are present in numbers large enough to make throw around them. Water comes into play to the left of the first hole, and with the creek behind the basket on 4. Hole 5 is long, and the creek plays to the right of the fairway and green. 7 is a fun throw over the top of a pond, and I stayed dry there. 8 gets more wooded, and elevation starts to show itself. 9 is one more big open crusher with the creek bubbling behind the green, before the real fun begins. 10 is the point where elevation climbs seriously, the basket up a hill that begins half way down the fairway. Rough to the right of the hill caught my drive and cost me a shot. The utility easement that clears the path up the hill on 10 also makes room for 11, 12, and 13, but heading downhill. 11 is long, and tucked in woods to the left. 12 is similar, but shorter in distance, and yielded my only birdie on the day. 13 is one of those that you have to toss more than one. Way downhill, basket dead center with water running behind it. There is plenty of airspace if your disc stays true, and you can get all 438' with the right stuff. 14 turns left and plays uphill again. Missed my putt, went from even to over par, and almost walked away without my mini. 15, 16 and 17 get back on the woodsy side, grass is replaced by dirt, rocks and the occasional fallen tree like the one I hit on 16. 17 also has some extra elevation contour and rocky outcroppings around the basket, I took another bogey. 18 is one of the best finishers you will find anywhere. Tee is elevated, and drops rapidly toward the creek about 30 or 40 feet below. You must drive across the water, which is fairly wide in this spot, and turn right at the same time to maximize distance. My forehand attempt stayed dry, but was short of the fairway. From there you still have a lengthy, wooded approach that crosses a smaller leg of the same creek. I made double bogey and shot a +4 (64) for the round. I would have liked to finish stronger, but at least I didn't lose any plastic, and had a really good time.
Cons: The front nine is a little more tame than the back, and not as exhilarating. It is still good, getting the most of what is there to work with. The media shows some pics with very long grass, but everything was trimmed very nicely the morning I played there.
Other Thoughts: Jordan Creek is a fun course, I would have liked to play it more than once. The 4.5 rating may be a touch higher than deserved, but it is so well done 4 was not doing it justice in my opinion. I'm not the only one who thinks so, many other reviewers before me agree. If you haven't been I suggest you go if possible, and find out for yourself. Really a gem, recommended to all serious players.

Tha'ts a big creek

1    6/9/2014   6/21/2014
Review By: New013
Pros: Layout - Jordan Creek is kind of like the Augusta of disc golf. It's just this gorgeous stroll through a manicured park with some lush grass fairways and really defined cleaned up wooded holes. It's not overly difficult or beat you down long. It's just a collection of really fun shots that make you go wow this place is awesome.

There's a few multi-shot holes out here but it's mostly par 3's. It's not an easy course by any means the holes have a habit of being around or just over 300' so you really need to put power on the disc and work it in most cases. Birdies are earned here but it's a really fair course that allows solid shots to be rewarded.

In the bottom area of the course it plays near a rather large creek or river that makes you think twice about how you're shaping your shot. Then there's a pond you throw over on another hole, that is a really great left to right shot where you hit a gap across the water. The holes with water are all really well done.

Then on the back 9 you all of a sudden hit this elevation on a par 4 that is just awesome. You go up it play some holes in a more wooded area then go back down on a really nice downhill bomb that requires accuracy and straightness.

The course finishes really strong with 18 being one of the best finishing holes there is. Downhill technical dog shot over the creek. Then on your second shot you're throwing back over the creek through a tight gap to the basket. It combines and beauty and great design.

Overall I like this course because it gives you a really fun round with decent variety and balance in hole types.

Equipment - Nice concrete pads, baskets in solid condition. Good tee signs.

Atmosphere - I mentioned it earlier and I'll say it again, this place is just beautiful and even though it has this park style feel I felt secluded for most of the round once you got away from the holes right near the parking lot and community garden. I wish we had a course like this in my area.
Cons: Layout - There wasn't a ton of variety in hole lengths. It seemed like most of the par 3's were right at 300' or just over. I threw a lot of mids on straighter lines that moved a bit left or right. On some holes with a lower canopy I'd go driver but overall there wasn't a huge amount of shot shaping. A few of the more open par 4's weren't all that great, basically just two easier shots and a putt, tweener holes kinda.

Some of the more wooded holes were kind of boring and not as memorable, nothing all that bad I think the design is solid but it's there.

The shule can be very thick in parts and we spent a good while looking for discs in the higher elevation area. Watch your disc when you go off fairway.

Equipment - The distances on some of the teesigns just seemed off.

Atmosphere - We played it after a solid rain but I got the impression the low parts of the course doen't drain all that well being right near the water. It was definitely muddy and sloppy on a few holes. There are several holes that play near other park activities and though it never really caused any conflict it doesn't give that secluded feeling in those areas.

Other Thoughts: If you can't tell I am fond of Jordan Creek. It was a super nice change of pace after playing some super challenging technical courses. It really fits in with the other great courses in the area to give a nice balance. If I lived in the area I'd probably play here the most from what we saw. I kinda got the feeling not a lot of chuckers go here because of the water and I love courses like that because you get them all to yourself.

Great Longer Course

5+    5/14/2014   5/22/2014
Review By: Smf5125
Pros: This course offers a great mixture of holes, lengths, obstacles, and difficulty.

Well Maintained majority of year.

A few holes to easily try new discs (9 is great to let a new disc rip)

Challenging for nearly all players but not too difficult that it isn't fun for new players

Some of the best designed holes in the Lehigh Valley, especially 18.
Cons: You can EASILY lose a disc on a good amount of holes here.

That's about all as far as cons for me.
Other Thoughts: I learned how to play on this course, probably not the best choice but I didn't know any better at the time. It does take a little longer to play as it is a pretty long course but it is a great course overall. One of my top three in the Lehigh valley easily.

Great Course

1    12/1/2013   12/9/2013
Review By: thecoasterman589
Pros: *Very technical holes
*Well thought out hole layout
*Best finishing hole I have ever played (even though I lost a disc)
*Beautiful location
*Good placement of water hazards to make it tough
*Nice tee boxes
*Good signage
*Well maintained park
Cons: *This course can eat up your discs
Other Thoughts: For an average player like me (700 player rating), It will be a very tough course, but it is worth playing because you need to play hard courses to get better.

Great condition. Good design.

2-4    10/20/2013   11/1/2013
Review By: TMF2
Pros: Condition of the course is perfect. Tee pads are very nice. Navigation is exceptional nearly everywhere. Very nice park. Less crowded than expected. A number of well designed holes.
Cons: Repetitive, especially off the tee. Needs more variety from the box. Still, a super place 2 play.

A Real Classic

5+    3/28/2014   9/2/2013
Review By: lvdiscgolfloser
This review was updated on 3/31/2014
Pros: *All concrete tee pads.
*Great mix of woods and open fairways. Trees are often in play but there are opportunities for good shooters. A real challenge for beginners and average players.
*The first few holes let you warm up before the challenge begins.
*The water really comes into play, especially when the creek is up. The pond on 7 is daunting, and 18 is just awesome - downhill and over water twice.
*The uphill 10th is both awesome and a real challenge, now with two pin placements.
*Some long holes to let the big arms show off.
Cons: *The rough is Rough in the Spring and Summer - waist high and full of spider webs. If your shot is off, you will lose discs.
*The park is heavily used and I've come across picnics on the 9th fairway, mountain bikers criss-crossing fairways and tees, and gangs of kids chilling on the 7th tee, and people being walked by there dogs.
Other Thoughts: Bring your own water.
Bathrooms aren't usually open.

Justly popular

1    8/24/2013   8/25/2013
Review By: Gerry
Pros: Good tee signs. Good signs for navigation. Very well maintained. Perfect tees. A very nice park, that seems remarkably secluded. Challenging, but fair. Even the long holes give you a good size landing area to balance things out.

18 is a truly great hole. The two water hazards can be avoided (usually )if you are happy with a par or flirted with if you want to go for a three. This is how a water hole should be designed. It is a fantastic finishing hole.
Cons: Very few, and even those are mostly minor. The pond hole is both good and bad. Its a fairly typical hole, but if you play a bad shot...there is no chance at all to get your disc back. I consider this a fairly substantial design flaw. In two places, the signage could be improved, but this is a very small issue.

I thought there was alot of similarity, early on, in the kind of tee shot needed. The later holes get more wooded, but like the rest of the course, there is not much in your way right out of the box. IMO, Jordan could use a few short, truly technical holes for balance.
Other Thoughts: An earlier reviewer said it was lefty friendly. I disagree, at least for backhand players. If anything it favors RHBH or LHFH, but not enough to annoy rh flickers.

Although I did not fall in love with Jordan to the degree that others have, I still consider this course, in this delightful park, to be must play

Really Nice Course

1    6/29/2013   7/19/2013
Review By: jbetz45453
Pros: Nice course layout. Nice use of the terrain. Good mixture of some open holes and some with a little more woods.Concrete tee pads. Looks like they keep the course in good shape.
Cons: Only thing I can think of is some of the holes show 2 different baskets but I only ever saw one on those holes. Course can be tough for newbies like me.
Other Thoughts: Really nice course and glad it is no too far from my house so I can get there and play it. Hole 7 over the pond is tough for new players as you have to clear the water. Hole number 10 is really tough one up the hill.

Close to perfect!

1    6/28/2013   7/2/2013
Review By: DAMAGER
Pros: Great Layout, It's got a good mixture of open holes, up hill holes, down hill holes, water holes and lots of Left & Right grassy fairways. White Castle not to far away.
Cons: Pond is a disc eater! Can get muddy here. The 1 extreme up hill hole is very hard!
Other Thoughts: Left Handers will do better here.

Variety

1    9/24/2012   6/24/2013
Review By: Sketto
Pros: - Lots of different looks off the tee.
- Rewards control and shot-shaping more than huge drives.
- A beautiful park.
- Fun finishing hole.
Cons: - None to mention.
Other Thoughts: One of the best courses I've ever played. I'd go more often if I lived closer. It's a really beautiful-looking course.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6