7 Helpful / 0 Not
AVOID THIS COUSE
Pros: This course has nice baskets and a nice layout for whats available.
Cons: Grass teeboxs and none of them clearly defined. There is a sign on each hole but it's potentially dangerous because I think most folks play with the sign as the end of the pad. Could easily see someone smack a hand. A small 4x4 wood post buried or something would be nice. Biggest con was OPEN SEWER! Entire park should be closed and warnings posted to stay out. I quit playing after 4th or 5th hole. That swampy area someone else mentioned is raw sewage. There is a line of several manhole tubes in the low area and the sewage bubbles out of the ground in between them.
Other Thoughts: I don't know who worked to get this course put in but you managed to get a lot sponsors. Great job. But why 'o why couldn't you have found some of the pretty land around the lake, Besides the open sewer making this course A DO NOT PLAY, it's pretty uninspired and the most boring I've ever played.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Nice new baskets that catch great.
2) Nice signs including Hole #, Par, Distance, and a hole sponsor. I hope the locals respect those signs so the sponsor get the value they deserve.
3) Very beginner friendly becuse it is mostly open. The length on a couple holes might frustrate beginners.
4) Gravel parking lot available right next to the 1st tee.
5) Distance variety is great on this course ranging anywhere from 168' to 426'. I like to have different distance shots on course so you arent throwing the same shot over and over and over.
6) Course will never be busy and it can be played in about 30 minutes alone! I am always a fan of underused courses and quick plays.
Cons: 1) Parking lot is totally in play on Hole #1. What a bad start to the course. It will be a problem for beginners for sure. Either it should have been moved further down or Tee #1 should have been put in a different spot.
2) Mailbox including scorecards and maps is a nice touch for a course trying to intruige beginners and first timers.
3) Grass tees will turn to mud after any usage, especially in the dormant season for the turf.
4) This course is too open with very few trees affecting play.
5) Why oh why is the 6th basket left of #7 tee. It creates a crossing fairway, a bottleneck, and is just clearly poor design. I cannot imagine any reason the 7th tee couldn't be on the other side . . . unless the wetland is being protected. Regardless there are options for making these two holes better without overlapping.
6) The tee on #8 brings a fenced in back yard into play as well as a support wire for a telephone pole. It would be better if those could be avoided or the homeowner will likely get irritated with people climbing the fence to retrieve their discs.
Other Thoughts: This is a well maintained course in a well maintained park. It has nice amenities with newer baskets and nice signs, and the mailbox with scorecards and maps. The design was well done for this park as there are not many areas in this area that would allow for challenging holes.
However, this just isn't enough for the avid decent player. It was fun because it is disc golf, but it lacks challenge and shot variety. It is clear that the locals are the ones reviewing it . . and that isn't a knock on those people, but I have played a lot of courses and there is no way this course should be higher than a 2 or 2.5. I am rating it a 2 personally because I just wouldn't likely come back here unless I had no other options. It just doesn't present enough challenge or offer enough fun. But hey at least it is disc golf in a small townand those course typically receive a 1.5-2.5 rating from me, so this one falls right in the middle at a 2.0.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice Park Course...
Pros: Good signs, well kept grounds, nice baskets, quick play, good mix of holes with regard to distance, nice use of elevation on a few holes (although there isn't a lot here), and one of the very few courses in the area.
Cons: Although the best was made of the land available, this is a fairly open park course. There aren't many obstacles at all. There are a couple of longer holes, but this is a fairly short course overall. Would love to see the addition of concrete tee pads.
Other Thoughts: I love how the local businesses "sponsor" holes and have gotten behind the effort put into this course. It does not get higher ratings because it is still a 9 hole park course. I can't put it in the same league as 18 hole courses with real challenges, but it is very nice. It is also extremely convenient if camping or staying at the lake. If travelling along Hwy 69, definitely stop in for a round.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice City Park Course
Pros: #6 and #7 are nice "grip and rip it" driving holes at 426 and 390 feet respectively.
#9 is an interesting finishing hole that requires a short left-to-right shot across a road.
Excellent double-chain baskets and signage.
Excellent support from local businesses
Cons: Trees didn't really affect throws much.
No other obstacles except maye OB roads.
Other Thoughts: Fun short course - definitely worth playing if you are driving through Eufaula.
Congrats to the local players for developing a nice city-park course.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Brand new course with support from many local sponsors and maintenance by the city. Mowed and very clean. Easy to get to. Never crowded. You can see Eufaula Cove marina from the course and North beach very close. You may want to bring the boat. Course has some water hazards but you will have to work at loosing a disc. Very open course with some strategic obstacles.
Cons: Only nine holes. Grass tees could get worn and muddy if use increases. Spring is windy usually coming off the lake.
Other Thoughts: Tournament open for beginners through advanced with prizes scheduled for May 16th. This might be an annual event.
3 of 5 people found this review helpful.
10 Helpful / 0 Not
Broadway Park and the Blustery Day
Pros: The course is new with nice tee signs and pins. Although the tees are dirt, there was no problem with mud. You can easily play this course in 30 minutes or less. This is good course for beginners and also gives the experienced player the challenge of making a hole in one or a birdie on several holes.
Cons: The strong wind was the main problem I encountered. The course is near the lake and the wind off the lake can be very strong at times. Hole 7 has a swampy area to the right of the fairway which could cause a problem.
Other Thoughts: The course makes a nice travel break as I occasionally travel down Highway 69.
10 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.