Brownsville, KY
3 / --   3 / --   3 / 175ft.   3 / 250ft. Par / Distance:

Very cool course but...

1    8/26/2010   8/26/2010
Review By: slammin'chains
Pros: This course is really laid out well and it is nice to see that the owner is so "into" the creativity of the layout! The last 6 or 7 holes are worth every mile that we drove to go play!! 14 and 15 are two of the most scenic holes that I've played, plus... the guy that owns the land designed it and placed all the tees and baskets so that goes a long way in my book! I really liked it because it was challenging and you were punished for bad shots...
Cons: After going to the website AND looking at all the reviews and pictures, I was disappointed that it has become so "rundown!" I was expecting the course to look like the pics, and it doesn't. There are lots of broken steps, teepads, and signs. I know that the land owner takes care of the course and probably gets too busy sometimes, but... maybe it will look better for the tourney!
Other Thoughts: Several holes are SUPER fun to play and challenging enough to make it worth playing over and over again. I hope it gets cleaned up for some "fall" action this year and I hope I get in better shape for the next time I play!!!

Course is good...but not that good

1    7/6/2010   7/30/2010
Review By: Lead pipe
Pros: For being on private property the course is very well maintained. Pin placements on top of the rocks are wonderful!!! The guy who owns this course did a great job with the property that he had to work with. Hole 3 provides the most difficult challenge on the course and could easily eat your lunch. Some of the holes are beautiful for sure... Different from anything I've ever played.
Cons: Starts good and then has a weird flow. The walk is tough but you are in the hills.... Some tee boxes are a little crazy, but shouldn't be a hill for a stepper.
Other Thoughts: I think the course is over rated. My cousin and I were driving from the am world championships when we played the course. The day before we played Idlewild which is truly a five star course. We drove here to play because of the ratings people had given and would have to say that it is more than just a half star off of a five star rating sooooooo... 3.5..... Yeah, Peace