1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: - The Throw shop had a great array of discs and very reasonably priced beverages and snacks.
- There is very little variety in the landscape but the designer did throw in some creative elements, like placing baskets under and around/between trees. Given the landscape I would say they designed a few holes very well and the rest almost as well as they could.
- Baskets are color coded to point you to the next tee which makes it quite easy to follow. You can also get a course map when you enter the apartment complex.
- With the exception of hole 13, this would be a great course to bring beginners because there are very few trees and most of the holes are very reasonable distances.
- It's a disc golf course which always means fun!
Cons: - Not a whole lot of variety or turns. Most holes are relatively straight and are absolutely wide open. There are only a few holes that force you to throw under and between trees to get to the basket. The entire course is pretty darn flat and relatively boring.
- The only exception to the norm is hole 13, which forces you to drive over/near water (you must go over it if shooting from the pro tees). I'm not a fan of water holes because I have lost discs in the past. A little creek or something is fine but with large ponds retrieving your disc is impossible (unless you bring a floating disc and a dog).
- There isn't a whole lot of shade to cool you off. Luckily there are frozen candy bars for $1 at the Throw Shop!
Other Thoughts: I had to drive sidearm due to a shoulder injury a few days prior. It was my first time ever playing a round sidearm so my drives were shorter than usual (around 200 ft), but shooting from the amateur tees I was still able to pretty easily par/bogey most holes.
I didn't play any of the A-F or W-Z holes so I cannot say anything about those. Holes 4 and 5 were some of the most creative/fun ones out there. 18 was also interesting because there is a giant tree with low branches almost immediately in front of the tee box.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Wide open spaces to throw! I am not a super accurate driver so this course is great for me.
Has a super Pro shop.
Very fun to play.
Cons: Bring bug spray if you try and play some of the new holes. The mosquitos are VERY bad back in the woods.
Play to the right on the holes near the fence. Its a long long walk around if you go over.
Other Thoughts: The week before the 4th of July they shut the course down for a carnival. The course gets a bit trashed and takes a while to recover.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 7 Not
Pros: Clean well maintained course. A great course if you have a big arm and like to let loose. The hole over the pond is a nice challenge.
Cons: Besides the distance the holes don't offer a lot of challenges such as trees or other obsticals. It can be hard to navigate from whole to whole if you haven't played before.
Other Thoughts: The Pro shop is nice and the owner is very friendly and imformantive.
2 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.