Hastings, MI
Hammond Hill DGC Share
Uploaded By: volklgirl Hole #2 (Taken 9/2010)

Hammond is excellent

1    7/22/2012   7/24/2012
Review By: Hfactor
This review was updated on 8/18/2013
Pros: This course is about 40 miles straight west of Lansing. Has excellent layout with ups and downs, Hyzer and anhyzer. There is a posting at the start of the course where the tees are playing from and to. July was Long to Long and played very tough. They change up the Tees or baskets once a month and post this on the sign by hole 1. Make sure you read this sign before playing.

The traffic was very light which made for comfortable golf. We never got bored of any of the shot selections.

Another pro is that the first 9 bring you right back to the parking lot so you can go get something to drink if you ran out on a hot day.

I guess this course was worse in the past according to the previous reviews, but it seems to have got alot better. The tee signs are not vandalized and give good representations of the hole. The rough didn't eat any of our discs and play was very smooth.
Cons: Hole 1 is very steep and could be dangerous to climb down for some people. Some might consider the pads to be too short but I think they were just fine.

There is no water on the course but some would consider this to be a pro.
Other Thoughts: I played doubles with a friend and we didnt get a single birdy! This course is tough but extremely fun..

I lost a Yellow Buzz Discraft Elite x Custom Stamp Jbird on hole 17 or 18. I didn't actually lose it I think I just left it in the fairway. If you find it and email dhultin1@yahoo.com or message me on here that would be awesome.