Ixonia, WI
Ixonia Fireman's Park Share
Uploaded By: imoser_me Hole #7 (Taken 9/2009)

1    6/26/2010   6/26/2010
Review By: guitar_freak_159
Pros: This course is decent for a small town, definitely better than the Autumn Ridge Subdivision Park down the road. There are obstacles which make it slightly challenging. Tee offs are marked by 4x4s.
Cons: All of the holes are very short. Grass Tee offs.

Fun warm up

5+    6/20/2010   6/20/2010
Review By: Tradisc
Pros: Short, great for a warm up round before heading to Sussex or the milwaukee area.
Nice signs.
Accuracy needed due to trees and tall grass everywhere.
Great ace run course.
Cons: Dirt tees.
Not very challenging for most players.
Other Thoughts: Grab your putter and go for aces!

D+ = Doesn't have much happenin' for a 9 holer

1    4/29/2009   6/7/2009
Pros: This course is right by an elementary school. It is a great beginner course! But....my rating holds this course up to all others I have played.

What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == D
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C-
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Beginner course with some flair!!!!

5+    1/5/2012   3/28/2009
This review was updated on 1/7/2012
Pros: 1) Beginner friendly despite some real decent holes. It is short (only one hole over 200) so if you arent a beginner it isnt worth a special trip to see this course, however I dont consider myself a beginner anymore, since I can throw mids on every one of these holes, and I did enjoy the course a lot because of the terrain and the use of the property despite being short.

2) Nice posts clearly make you aware of where the next hole is. They also aren;t very far walks between holes.

3) Nice new DGA baskets. (SEE CONS ALSO)

4) Nicely mowed narrow fairways but the tall prairie grass surrounding the fairways could be really tough in the growing season.

5) Used what trees were on the property the best way possible. UPDATE: These evergeens and some of the deciduous trees have really grown well in the 2 years since I was here. They are becoming more of a factor on the first few holes and in time will really make these shots challenging.

6) Course can be played alone in under 15-20 minutes probably. (It took me 30 minutes, I played 2 discs and took pictures of every hole and measured them to check the distances) A nice warmup before hitting a bigger longer course.

7) UPDATE: With the growing trees I tried a new shot on #3 . . . throwing a stall shot up and over the trees guarding the basket. It worked well as I tapped the right side of the basket as my disc descended. You might need to get creative here in a few years.

8) UPDATE:New tee signs installed on this course. They have par, distance, a picture of the hole and are laminated and behind plexiglass. I think they all have sponsors also which is a good idea.
Cons: 1) Baskets were nice and new but they seemed to all be elevated about 3-6 inches higher than any other basket I have ever played on. I am not sure if the frost is heaving the concrete out or if they were simply installed that high. BE SURE TO AIM HIGH ON ALL YOUR SHOTS OR YOU WILL HIT THE BASKET AND NOT CHAINS!

2) Grass tees, but thats ok, it doesnt look like they will get a ton of play so I wouldnt expect them to ever be mud.

3) SHORT SHORT SHORT, but in the end it didnt take away from my enjoyment, I just altered my disc choices.
Other Thoughts: The only reason this course wasn't already on this site is it looks pretty new and it is in the middle of nowhere, unless you consider Ixonia a large Metropolitan area. As I said it is a beginner course, but even a seasoned veteran would enjoy it, and they can throw mids and putters instead of drivers. It allows for some fun shotmaking going up and down the hill a few times and shaping shots around what few trees are on the course. As those trees grow those holes will be a bear. All in all I liked this course but can't definitively say GO PLAY IT, unless you are already in the area. It will be fun I guarantee it, but don't expect championship disc golf, because it is short. It would be a perfect course for an Ace Race tourney!