Ixonia, WI
Autumn Ridge Subdivision Park Share
Uploaded By: harr0140 Hole #7 (Taken 3/2009)
3 / 190ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
#7 Tee showing basket

Wide open ace run course

1    7/20/2014   7/21/2014
Review By: wolfhaley
Pros: There are 9 DGA baskets here that were in good catching shape. There were signs at most holes. These only had the hole # and distances, no map. It's pretty self explanatory as to the basket you're throwing to anyway. The wind is the main challenge here as it's wide open and set atop a hill. Hole 8's basket is blind from the tee area making this hole slightly more challenging and a few baskets are on the hillside which could cause some rollaways.
Cons: The lack of any obstacles really detracts from this course in a major way. My main problem though was the installation of the baskets. One is about a foot off the ground and on a ridiculous angle. I hit the chains on this one and it would've been an ace had it been even somewhat level. Pretty much every basket here is installed terribly.
Other Thoughts: All in all just a bland course. Do not go out of your way to play this. Even if you're in Ixonia go play the other course first and then if you have time or are desperate then try this one. It's better than nothing...barely.

Good practice course

1    7/21/2010   7/21/2010
Review By: koogs
Pros: Baskets and "tees" are in great shape and the park was freshly mowed. The distances are on the tee signs. This was a good place to practice my drives and other shots that I'm working on. You CAN'T lose a disc. An ace is easily attainable (I didn't get any).
Cons: If you're looking for a fun course to play, this isn't it. Holes are mostly too short and all are wide open. There is no risk factor, even on the hillsides; a roller just won't go very far.
Other Thoughts: I only played this because it was my practice day, and it was good for that, something different from my regular practice field, and it wasn't windy. These 9 baskets could be put to much better use somewhere else.

1    6/26/2010   6/26/2010
Review By: guitar_freak_159
Pros: Distances are marked. Course is clearly defined. Area is well groomed.
Cons: All the holes are very short. There really isn't a challenge, getting at least a par should be simple.
Other Thoughts: The only difficult thing is about this course is the fact that the course is on top of a hill, which the designer used to make some of the holes slightly more difficult than the others.

D+ = Doesn't have much happenin' for a 9 holer

1    4/29/2009   6/7/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == D+
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == D+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == D+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

WIND PRACTICE COURSE

2-4    1/5/2012   3/28/2009
This review was updated on 1/5/2012
Pros: 1) No usage by locals as shown by the perfect turf.

2) Mach baskets in good shape with the number plates on top (SEE ALSO CONS)

3) Signs have distance listed and hole # on them but no diagram and no par (none needed really as there are no obstacles and all are par 3's). Why would they invest in these signs for a course like this? . . . seems silly to me.

4) Sidehills were used very well with basket location. It is easy to overshoot a few baskets and end up 50 feet away down the slope! #6 has the risk of overshooting the basket and going well down a hill as does #8.

5) #8 is my favorite hole with the basket perched out 25' over the hill on a split slope. It takes a little luck because you cannot know how your disc will react when it hits these slopes, but it is a cool "green" idea. Aim at the red barn RHBH and let it dive gently to the left over the hill.

Cons: 1) Short and wide open . . . not a single tree in your way unless you end up throwing past a couple of the baskets, so you should plan accordingly. A con for a player like me might be a positive for a beginner.

2) This is only a beginner course, don't go there unless you want to practice your wind shots or are showing someone the game.

3) No obstacles to speak of, the only challenge is the wind and the sidehills.

4) Baskets are installed poorly, some are leaning, one is only 2' off the ground, and the number plates do not always face the tee as is intended.
Other Thoughts: This is a simple easy beginner course set in a subdivision. There likely won't ever be any challenegs as there are no trees that will be in the way if they mature. It is purely a sales pitch to try and sell lots in this subdivison, that is trying to promote itself as a green neighborhood. Not worth going to really unless you are working on your wind shots. GOOD NEWS IS noone will ever be there and it is in perfect shape.