3 Helpful / 0 Not
Good practice course
Pros: Baskets and "tees" are in great shape and the park was freshly mowed. The distances are on the tee signs. This was a good place to practice my drives and other shots that I'm working on. You CAN'T lose a disc. An ace is easily attainable (I didn't get any).
Cons: If you're looking for a fun course to play, this isn't it. Holes are mostly too short and all are wide open. There is no risk factor, even on the hillsides; a roller just won't go very far.
Other Thoughts: I only played this because it was my practice day, and it was good for that, something different from my regular practice field, and it wasn't windy. These 9 baskets could be put to much better use somewhere else.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
7 Helpful / 0 Not
WIND PRACTICE COURSE
Pros: 1) No usage by locals as shown by the perfect turf.
2) Mach baskets in good shape with the number plates on top (SEE ALSO CONS)
3) Signs have distance listed and hole # on them but no diagram and no par (none needed really as there are no obstacles and all are par 3's). Why would they invest in these signs for a course like this? . . . seems silly to me.
4) Sidehills were used very well with basket location. It is easy to overshoot a few baskets and end up 50 feet away down the slope! #6 has the risk of overshooting the basket and going well down a hill as does #8.
5) #8 is my favorite hole with the basket perched out 25' over the hill on a split slope. It takes a little luck because you cannot know how your disc will react when it hits these slopes, but it is a cool "green" idea. Aim at the red barn RHBH and let it dive gently to the left over the hill.
Cons: 1) Short and wide open . . . not a single tree in your way unless you end up throwing past a couple of the baskets, so you should plan accordingly. A con for a player like me might be a positive for a beginner.
2) This is only a beginner course, don't go there unless you want to practice your wind shots or are showing someone the game.
3) No obstacles to speak of, the only challenge is the wind and the sidehills.
4) Baskets are installed poorly, some are leaning, one is only 2' off the ground, and the number plates do not always face the tee as is intended.
Other Thoughts: This is a simple easy beginner course set in a subdivision. There likely won't ever be any challenegs as there are no trees that will be in the way if they mature. It is purely a sales pitch to try and sell lots in this subdivison, that is trying to promote itself as a green neighborhood. Not worth going to really unless you are working on your wind shots. GOOD NEWS IS noone will ever be there and it is in perfect shape.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.