Corona, CA
River Walk DGC Share
Uploaded By: mikethrice Hole #3 (Taken 6/2009)

A Great Practice Course

5+    3/27/2011   3/30/2011
Review By: stunts
Pros: This is a great practice course. I always try unfamiliar discs there and work on shots that I wouldn't try on a full-sized course. There's plenty of time to practice shots because I've never seen another disc golfer on the course when I've been there. I've gone at all times of the day and have never seen anyone else playing. The residents I've spoken to though always claim that people are playing there all the time, sometimes at midnight apparently. As several other reviewers state, the tee pads are the best I've seen! Friendly residents along the course.
Cons: Houses along the entire course. The course is covered by wood chips - not my preference. A very short course though can be made to be a bit longer with some creative modifications as to which basket your throwing to.
Other Thoughts: The residents I've spoken to have all been very friendly and interested in finding out more about disc golf. Unfortunately though, many of them have also claimed that the people who use the course have hopped over fences into backyards to retrieve discs without asking and that players often play at odd hours and seem to be there to drink and make noise. No problem to have fun doing the sport we all love, but the way to grow the sport is to respect those that don't yet play and make them want to be part of something great. If you're there for a game at very early or late hours, try to have some respect for the people who live right on the course. This course was built for the use of the residents in the housing community there, they could easily make it off limits to outsiders.

Putting Practice

1    5/15/2010   5/16/2010
Review By: DocHaole
Pros: - The best tee pads I have ever seen. Someone spent some serious time and money on these.
- Free, one of the only free courses in the area.
- Disc golf exclusive
- No crowds. I was the only one here when I came on a sunny Saturday afternoon, I doubt there is ever a crowd. You can play the whole thing in 20 minutes easily.
Cons: Short and open course. The only problem with having the distances on the tee pads is that now you can't move the baskets around.

There are a few small trees, and as they grow it could add some flavor.
Other Thoughts: The ultimate irony here is that they have some incredible tee pads, and no chance to air it out. But I can't hate this course, if I lived here I'd be out every week and just get creative.

Overall not a destination course, but if you're over at Prado it's worth checking out.

Nice Cool Down after Prado

2-4    4/10/2010   4/11/2010
Review By: fifteen
Pros: DG exclusive area in a neighborhood park which contributes to the great shape the course is in. It was really easy to get around and every hole had its own challenge. The teepads are something else and unique, part of the reason why I stopped by.
Cons: 7 holes that are short, leave the drivers at home. I got by with only my Buzzz and XD. The holes are pretty tight so I can see how crazy it can get if there were several players at the same time.
Other Thoughts: Came out here after playing at Prado since it was on the way home. Not a course to plan a trip for but a course to stop by if you're nearby.

First tee is on the LEFT side of the park sign, park in the cul-de-sac, not the parking lot. I found that out when I first came here.

2-4    1/31/2010   2/2/2010
Review By: Danger
This review was updated on 11/24/2011
Pros: -Gigantic flat concrete tee pads. Easily the 'signature' feature of this course.
-Holes are not repetitive, each represents a different challenge.
-Zero navigation issues.
-Section of park appears to be DG exclusive, with a walking path between it and the river.
-The DGA baskets are all in good condition.
-Course caters to everybody, holes vary between 80 and 300 feet.
-Low risk of losing disks to OB.
-Course makes a complete circle to make multiple loops painless.
-Plenty of places to sit and take a breather, take in the park.
Cons: -As everybody has mentioned, only 7 holes. Would rather see the 7 holes they have though, then to try to cram in 9.
-Pin placements appear to be permanent as the sole distances on each hole are literally paved into the tee-pads.
Other Thoughts: This course plays on a woodchip covered hillside in a small residential park near a river. The 7 holes are behind a line of home backyards providing privacy from any roads, and plays to the side of the main park itself. The woodchips help it to be DG exclusive while grass in other areas tell non-golfers 'Hey! Come hang out here instead!'

Somebody mentioned that the hillside is treacherous. I have to 'strongly disagree'; we had absolutely no problems with footing at any time. Wind was mentioned too, I guess we hit it on a lucky relatively wind-free day.

The numbers on the tee pads appear to be measured from the back of the tee pads (where the number is found), which, themselves, are about 25 feet long. We measured hole one to be about 60' from the tip of the pad while the number provided was 85'. So now you know.

As I frequently mention, this is a fantastic course for the locals, but difficult to legitimize going out of the way for. If you went out of the way to play Prado, I suggest coming here after they close the gates over there and still have some light. I would have to say this is one of my favorite 9 hole courses, even though it is only 7.

Need a break from I-15?

1    10/11/2009   10/12/2009
Review By: Rizbee
Pros: Giant tees (largest tee length-to-hole distance ratio I've ever seen), some with rock-festooned seating walls. Easy to navigate, well maintained.
Cons: Entire surface is cypress mulch, which can make footing treacherous on the side hills, and most of the course is side-hill lies. Very few trees - only on two holes, so shots are all pretty straight-away. Links-style layout with fairways going opposite ways very close, so keep your eyes and ears open if others are playing.
Other Thoughts: Great course for new players and kids. Hopefully kids from high school across the street will be introduced to the game? Very good use of an otherwise unuseable strip of land.

1    9/10/2009   9/12/2009
Review By: Lhana
Pros: The course is fun for practice, short and fun. The wind factor in the evening is a little challenging.I like the tee off, shows distance and huge number showing the basket your on. Easy to spot baskets and they catch discs very well.
Cons: I dot like that its all wood chips. Next to backyards, so if the wind catches it you could have a problem. The drinking fountain just past the gazebo shoots you in the face at first, so stand back and let is spray for a second.
Other Thoughts: A fun course close to home.

Awesome tee pads

1    8/27/2009   8/28/2009
Review By: coast2coast
This review was updated on 4/11/2010
Pros: Free course with the nicest concrete tees I have ever seen. The tees are huge and each one provides hole # and distance etched in the concrete. Some are partially surrounded by stone walls. Easy to navigate and all the baskets can be seen from the tee. Very pleasant little park that was completely empty when I was there.
Cons: Only seven very short holes. Hot and windy in the afternoon. Not a lot of shade.
Other Thoughts: Not a destination course, but well worth checking out just to see those great tees.

short but fun

1    8/12/2009   8/17/2009
Review By: steveo
Pros: FREE
and, no one was playing
Cons: As others have stated there are not many obstacles and some of the holes are very short. Their are some prickly and thick bushes between the greens and the homes.
Other Thoughts: Played the course in the late afternoon when the wind was picking up, it made things interesting. I had a good time at a good price, but would not drive an extended disk to play.

short, open course

1    7/28/2009   7/28/2009
Review By: Doktor John
Pros: Excellent tee pad (the tee pads and the adjoining cement and stone work are some of the best I've ever seen)
Hole number and distance recessed into tee pad
Creative use of very limited space
Great for introducing new people and children to the sport
Nice park surroundings
An opportunity to hone some of your shots, ie fore hands, side arm, etc
A course in an area without many options close by
Very well maintained and groomed (redwood chip fairways and greens)
Cons: Most of the "cons" are a result of the very limited terrain and space available...this is just a very short and very open course...whoever put this course in did a great job given what they had to work with
Very windy in the afternoon
Other Thoughts: I was staying by the Ontario airport and had a couple of hours so I played this course...
It isn't one that you would go out of your way to play, but if your expectations aren't super high, this course can be fun to fine tune some shots you've been working on without the fear of losing a disc.
If you are in the area and have some extra time, check it out and have fun practicing an 80 putt of the first tee :)