Ashland, KY
Armco Park - Blue Course Share
Uploaded By: adam423 Hole #18 (Taken 6/2009)
Hole #18 Short Tee

Lost in the Woods

1    5/9/2009   5/9/2009
Review By: Another Double Bogey
Pros: new baskets, convenient bathroom/water access, very nice park, well designed holes.
Cons: signage almost non existent, confusing layout, extremely long distance
Other Thoughts: Very nice course, but it was very hard to navigate.

There were signs on some of the tee pads that only gave you distance without any indication of where the hole location was. There were a couple times where we were shooting at the wrong basket on our approach shots. It won't be a problem next time since we'll be familiar with it, but newcomers should pay extra close attention.

It was also hard to find the next tee pad after finishing a hole. I was actually surprised to see that Mr. Sias was the designer of this course. His courses are usually phenomenal, but this course was not as linear as others. We were left scratching our heads trying to figure where to go next. Remember, the closest tee pad isn't necessarily the next tee pad.

The course is also very long. The holes are very well designed so it's still a lot of fun to play.

I didn't know that this course was as new as it is. I believe a lot of the faults I listed will be remedied with time. It should turn out to be a great course.