Ashland, KY
Armco Park - Blue Course Share
Uploaded By: adam423 Hole #1 (Taken 6/2009)
Hole #1 Short Tee

1    6/15/2015   11/11/2015
Review By: Xelto
Pros: Nice scenery
Very good amenities and parking
Cons: Every shot seemed mostly identical-- long, straight, through moderate trees.
Other Thoughts: Like I said, every single shot was similar, except for elevation-- long, straight, and moderately wooded. Now, there was a considerable range of differences in elevation, but you didn't have to think about your ideal approach to any single hole. Just throw straight and hard. Now, if you like airing it out every single hole, then by all means, this is YOUR course. But I distinctly prefer courses where you have to bring out a variety of shots.

Lost in the Woods

1    5/9/2009   5/9/2009
Review By: Another Double Bogey
Pros: new baskets, convenient bathroom/water access, very nice park, well designed holes.
Cons: signage almost non existent, confusing layout, extremely long distance
Other Thoughts: Very nice course, but it was very hard to navigate.

There were signs on some of the tee pads that only gave you distance without any indication of where the hole location was. There were a couple times where we were shooting at the wrong basket on our approach shots. It won't be a problem next time since we'll be familiar with it, but newcomers should pay extra close attention.

It was also hard to find the next tee pad after finishing a hole. I was actually surprised to see that Mr. Sias was the designer of this course. His courses are usually phenomenal, but this course was not as linear as others. We were left scratching our heads trying to figure where to go next. Remember, the closest tee pad isn't necessarily the next tee pad.

The course is also very long. The holes are very well designed so it's still a lot of fun to play.

I didn't know that this course was as new as it is. I believe a lot of the faults I listed will be remedied with time. It should turn out to be a great course.