Stough-ton of fun
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: + Nice tee signs and frequent benches
+ Chainstars are in good shape.
+ Rubber tee pads in generally good shape ... a few lumpy spots
+ For nine holes in a relatively small area, there is decent variety of hole lengths (175-335)
+ Nice mix of lefty and righty-friendly shots
+ Quite a few tunnel shots where accuracy is at a premium. Poor shots will be punished.
+ Every hole has either a tight tee shot or entrance to the green, or both. No holes are completely wide open.
+ Many tee shots are blind (good for those who like the challenge)
+ On the longer holes, those not going for it still have to make an accurate layup to have a clean second shot at the basket
+ Boardwalk to help avoid the soggy spots on #5
+ Some opportunities for interesting safari holes ... could make some par 4s or even 5s in and out of the woods.
Cons: - Pretty flat course
- Woods are pretty thick, and I imagine the rough would be punishing with full foliage
- Many tee shots are blind, and some holes are close together. Could be some safety issues, but I don't imagine this course is frequently crowded.
- Not sure what I think of hole #6. Even a well-executed shot to the right leaves almost no shot at a deuce. Best bet to go at the basket just seems to be throwing high and crashing it into the tree above and behind the basket, and hope it falls down.
- A couple of the tee signs were too close to the tee pads. #9 was bad, especially for this LHBH who needs to hug the left side of the tee to have a reasonable line. I was worried about whacking my hand on the follow through. Although, looking at the pictures, that tee pad may have been moved after the sign was installed.
- Only single tee pads and basket locations per hole, except for a shorter tee on #5.
Other Thoughts: I don't know why it took me so long to play this course, being so close to Madison. I had fun and will definitely be back. I'll be interested to see how it looks with full foliage. Unless you have to search for a disc, it is a quick nine.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Fun 9 hole course
Pros: Good use of available land. Fun 9 hole course with lots of different shot options.
Cons: Very buggy in the summer. The rough is very thick.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun 9 hole course that will be expanded to 18 hole in the future. It currently has grass teepads until a final 18 hole layout gets established.
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.