Burlington, MA
Simonds Park Share
Uploaded By: justin Hole #5 (Taken 4/2009)
3 / 199ft.   3 / 311ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #5 - Temp Tee

Finally a course in Metro Boston!

5+    8/22/2010   8/24/2010
Review By: AaronD
Pros: It's such a relief to have a course this close to Metro Boston. It used to be at least an hour and a half round trip to get in a round, but with this course it's been cut to about 30 minutes.

They make really good use of the space they have. There's a really good mix of holes. When I first played the course I was just happy they were so close, but the addition of the 2nd set of tee boxes and the hole position changes (8 and it appears 7 is on the way as well) have made this a satisfying and challenging course to play. It's no longer a "I don't feel like driving all the way to Topsfield" course. I'll go here just for the sake of playing the course.

Whoever maintains this place has done a great job getting it in good shape in just a year or two.
Cons: scratch, scratch... tons of poison ivy in the wooded area during the summer. However, there's a bathroom on site so I was able to avoid any complications.

7&8 were swampy during the spring, but we've had a dry, dry summer.

I've had a handful of random folks walking aimlessly through the course when I've played. I see how there could be issues with this sort of thing, but it wasn't that bad.

No formal sign posts or anything, but they're still working on the course, so I don't hold this against them. The markers on the trees do a good job for now.
Other Thoughts: Kudos to Justin and others for putting this course together. I hadn't played much in the last two years, and this course has given me and my friends a place close to home to get back on our game and play again.