Austin, TX
Cactus Patch DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #9 (Taken 4/2009)

How to review this course?

1    11/23/2012   11/23/2012
Review By: austoroc
Pros: The benches are nice, and it's something I did not expect to see at this course.

Some of the holes that I was able to play were nice, even though they're all short. It could easily be a fun ace run course if it had all of the baskets in place.
Cons: The bad are absolutely dominating this course and my review. It's my first time playing here, and there's one big flaw: missing baskets.

The baskets aren't permanent nor bolted down. This is why the baskets get stolen. When I played here, apparently there was another stolen basket. (#3 in addition to #8 and #9)

The course clearly hasn't been kept up in a while. the weeds/grass/etc are overgrown at this time, and that make things a bit difficult.

The navigation is awkward from 6th hole to 7th. It was a bit hard to see where the 7th tee was, and I walked past it.

The "dirty lot" isn't pretty to look at while you're walking around it to get to the 7th hole.
Other Thoughts: I can't give it a higher rating until the missing baskets are replaced, and the course was mowed/trimmed. It would be better if the baskets are permanently installed to reduce the chance of theft.

There's some defacing and graffiti on the benches, and there were plenty of discarded beer cans around the course, so it's clear that many people who came to play here weren't courteous enough to try keep things clean.

It's a shame, because it's pretty clear to me that some of the lines of the hole designs are pretty good for what they are. I hope to find out that the baskets get replaced/permanently installed sooner than later.

meh

1    4/19/2012   4/21/2012
Review By: jndimaria
Pros: It's close and it looks like it was once a pretty nice course with the work they put into benches at each hole. The holes are pretty technical which is a good practice.
Cons: The landscape is pretty unkempt. There are weeds that are so overgrown they're as tall as me and the goal. Hole 1, 2 and 3 are completely overrun by milkweed so you can't throw without hitting one. The fairway is being overtaken by cactus and thorny brush that your disc is automatically attracted to the center of. Just walking around I got several thorns and stickers in my shoes and came home with several bleeders in my arms and hands and legs. Hole 9 does not have a basket so it might as well be considered an 8 hole course.
Other Thoughts: Go somewhere else, trust me.