Rapid City, SD
Jackson Park Share
Uploaded By: TomSawyer Hole #2 (Taken 8/2010)
4 / 462ft.   4 / --   4 / --   4 / -- Par / Distance:

Nice course to play

1    7/3/2010   7/16/2010
Review By: indydiscgolfer
Pros: Multiple pin placements on most holes. Alternate tees on some holes.

Small creek winds through the course.

Good info on tee signs. Signs and baskets in good shape.

Nice big park with no other park activities around disc golf course.
Cons: Completely flat terrain.

In some places the course is wide open with multiple baskets in view making it difficult to know where to throw. I actually played towards a visible basket on one hole but should have played to another basket hidden behind some bushes.
Other Thoughts: The day I played most pins were in the easiest positions and I played the tees with the signs, since it was my first time there, and the course offered very little challenge (I shot a 42). I'm sure the alternate pin locations and tees would make this a more challenging course. The few large trees that were in the middle of the park were used well but being in the Black Hills area and having absolutely no elevation changes was disappointing. The small creek was utilized on several holes with baskets placed near the bank. Hole #2 was very nice.

The locals were very friendly and helpful. I would return here to play again if ever in the area.