Rapid City, SD
4 / 462ft.   4 / --   4 / --   4 / -- Par / Distance:

Great time

2-4    5/11/2011   5/12/2011
Review By: Adontalis
Pros: Course was developed by two guys, one a lefty and the other a righty. Because of this there a wonderful mix of hyzer, anhyzer, and straight shots. Course had plenty of challenging holes. It's fairly centrally located and easy to find. Really fun practice pin as well.
Cons: Wind was a factor for me, however, it added to the challenge. The biggest downfall for this coarse would have to be that it is relatively short. They did a marvelous job with the space they had but I found myself playing with my mid-ranges more often than not.
Other Thoughts: A must if you are in the area. Local players are really nice. Beware the wind and the river.

Needs more hills... still fun!

1    8/28/2010   8/30/2010
Review By: mndiscg
This review was updated on 8/24/2014
Pros: -I like the blue baskets, a nice touch
-Dual tees on many holes
-Multiple and very different pin placements on every hole. Every time you come here it could be a different round! I don't know how often they are rotated.
-Creek comes into play a lot and it would be fairly hard to retrieve a disc now, it is flowing fast.
-No easy holes, the short ones have guarded baskets or a hazzard nearby. Many risk/reward drives and approaches. There are still a few ace runs if you hit the right line.
-Some kind of open holes at the start to some reasonably wooded holes in the middle and back into the open for the end. A very good mix. There are a good amount of trees, no luck holes with too many trees and no wide open holes.
-Practice basket.
-Course flows well. Map at the start and each tee has maps of the hole and a direction of the next tee box.
-Tees are fairly large and concrete
-This course is pretty long, especially on the longer layouts.
Cons: -There are hills everywhere around except at this park! Playing in Rapid City in the Middle of the Black Hills I expected more hills.
-Could lose discs in the creek
-Could be pretty busy.
-Most holes are relatively open and not many shots are forced here.
-Not a lot of other cons
Other Thoughts: This is a fun and challenging course in Rapid City. There are other good courses in the Black Hills too. If you are on vacation visiting Crazy Horse/Mt Rushmore/Deadwood then this is a good stop.

Loved this course

1    8/29/2009   8/31/2009
Review By: Harrishabitat
Pros: Variety of holes, some short some long, some open some technical. Nice park, not to crowded. Good signage.
Cons: Not really that I can think of, more bathrooms would be nice.
Other Thoughts: A very pleasant surprise. Me and my 3 sons went up to Mt Rushmore for the day and stopped by here after lunch. A very fun round, lots of risk v.s. rewards. Some very interesting holes with water right behind the hole that makes you take a second thought before your throw. Would recommend to anyone to play if in the area.

Jackson!

7/17/2008   7/21/2008
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: I forgot to take the map to Jackson park that I had printed out before this trip, and did not need it. To my pleasure, this park has maps on the signage of every hole and also displays the next tee box, so I was never lost. About half of the course has two tee pads, and just about every hole has three pin placements. The trees are nice and mature and there is a good variety of them. The course is bordered by a river and has a small creek runs though it. Some of the shorter holes placed the baskets only feet from the river making you think twice about going for it. Jackson Park is so clean, I never once saw a spec of trash anywhere. It feels like a park course because of how well manicured everything is but as far as I could tell the course was not sharing space with some other function. I get the feeling that because of the many trees and the scenery that Jackson Park could be a wonderful wintertime course.
Cons: The only restroom I saw was a portapotty. This course is very flat. I might be a little picky here but it seems to me like its lacking a signature hole.
Other Thoughts: I've wanted to play Jackson Park for a very long time. I was not disappointed. I got lucky that on the day I was visiting the wind was more tame than usual.