Rapid City, SD
Jackson Park Share
Uploaded By: TomSawyer Hole #2 (Taken 8/2010)
4 / 462ft.   4 / --   4 / --   4 / -- Par / Distance:

Great time

2-4    5/11/2011   5/12/2011
Review By: Adontalis
Pros: Course was developed by two guys, one a lefty and the other a righty. Because of this there a wonderful mix of hyzer, anhyzer, and straight shots. Course had plenty of challenging holes. It's fairly centrally located and easy to find. Really fun practice pin as well.
Cons: Wind was a factor for me, however, it added to the challenge. The biggest downfall for this coarse would have to be that it is relatively short. They did a marvelous job with the space they had but I found myself playing with my mid-ranges more often than not.
Other Thoughts: A must if you are in the area. Local players are really nice. Beware the wind and the river.

Loved this course

1    8/29/2009   8/31/2009
Review By: Harrishabitat
Pros: Variety of holes, some short some long, some open some technical. Nice park, not to crowded. Good signage.
Cons: Not really that I can think of, more bathrooms would be nice.
Other Thoughts: A very pleasant surprise. Me and my 3 sons went up to Mt Rushmore for the day and stopped by here after lunch. A very fun round, lots of risk v.s. rewards. Some very interesting holes with water right behind the hole that makes you take a second thought before your throw. Would recommend to anyone to play if in the area.

Jackson!

7/17/2008   7/21/2008
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: I forgot to take the map to Jackson park that I had printed out before this trip, and did not need it. To my pleasure, this park has maps on the signage of every hole and also displays the next tee box, so I was never lost. About half of the course has two tee pads, and just about every hole has three pin placements. The trees are nice and mature and there is a good variety of them. The course is bordered by a river and has a small creek runs though it. Some of the shorter holes placed the baskets only feet from the river making you think twice about going for it. Jackson Park is so clean, I never once saw a spec of trash anywhere. It feels like a park course because of how well manicured everything is but as far as I could tell the course was not sharing space with some other function. I get the feeling that because of the many trees and the scenery that Jackson Park could be a wonderful wintertime course.
Cons: The only restroom I saw was a portapotty. This course is very flat. I might be a little picky here but it seems to me like its lacking a signature hole.
Other Thoughts: I've wanted to play Jackson Park for a very long time. I was not disappointed. I got lucky that on the day I was visiting the wind was more tame than usual.