Fergus Falls, MN
Fergus Falls Community College Share
Uploaded By: lonegunman36 Hole #1 (Taken 5/2010)
3 / -- Par / Distance:

5+    5/9/2013   5/12/2013
Review By: JunkyBrownie
Pros: Unique challenge on every hole.
Elevation is always changing.
Nice pin placements.
Scorecards at hole 1 give brief map of course layout
Course is easy to find
Cons: Only mowed 2-3 times a year.
College students plague the course with litter.
Natural tees are worn down.
Some hole markers have been removed.
Other Thoughts: Its a shame that a course this nice doesn't get maintained as well as it should. Bring a buddy, spotters help on the blind tee offs. Each hole(except hole 4) could pass as an epic finishing hole.
The course could be rated a possible 4 if maintained properly

Proud of my home course.

5+    8/26/2012   8/28/2012
Review By: jdmueller77
Pros: Great variety - each hole has unique challenges with trees and varying angles and degrees of incline.
Very easily laid out.
Cons: Very tall grass off of the fairways makes it very easy to lose discs.
Dirt tee pads.
Other Thoughts: This is my home course. I found it very frustrating as a beginner, especially because of the tall grass that covers all parts of the course excluding the narrow fairways. I spent A LOT of time early on looking for my discs. However, as my game improved I have grown to love this course, because I find very few near by that equal the challenges the holes this course provides and the uniqueness of each hole. (I use at least 5 different drivers during a normal round because of the various layouts.) Play with a partner, and spot each others discs, and you should have a problem with losing your discs in the tall grass.

Okay Course

2-4    5/14/2012   5/23/2012
Review By: dewmail01
Pros: - Nice holes
- good variety of tree filled and open holes
- Parking close by
- Trash Cans sporatically
- Score Cards
Cons: -The grass here is really long. Expect to use a lot of time searching for your disc.
- Dirt throwing Pads
- only 12 holes
Other Thoughts: This was the first course I have played in the area. It was okay. I am not a fan of walking in knee deep grass. We spent a good amount of time looking for our discs. The water never was really a threat to our discs. There is only 1-2 really bomber holes. The best thing about the course is that their are score cards provided that also have a map of the hole locations.

Good course getting better

5+    6/2/2010   6/2/2010
Review By: lonegunman36
Pros: Lots of hills and trees to play with. Easy to find and to get to.
They started mowing it this year and they have the holes flaged and the tee boxs marked.
Cons: The tees need work.
Other Thoughts: They are doing a lot of work on this course right now. Every time I go back there has been more added to it and it keeps getting better and better!!!

played DISC GOLF with SANTA @ FFCC

1    8/26/2005   3/19/2010
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: got to play a round with SANTA.

cool tie die tee signs.

I thoughts the holes played kinda tough as there we're plenty of trees, you we're either going uphill or downhill < only a few holes we on top of the hill> and the one that was, the basket was hidden in a cluster of white birch trees, very cool hole.
Cons: dirt tees
Other Thoughts: I was in Moorehead, Mn. earlier in the day and someone suggested that I go down to Fergus Falls to play a round with Santa. I thought they we're smoking some good stuff, but they weren't and we're serious about getting in a round with Santa. So they called him up for me and let me talk to him before I left Woodlawn Park.

Of all the DGc's i've played and all the interesting people that I've met along the way, playing with ("the local") Santa Claus was right up to being one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. We have exchanged Christmas cards over the years, with Santa putting into a basket. Though he wasn't in his red suit the day we played together, one look at this jolly ol' man you knew who you we're with.

Merry Christmas Fergus Falls, you sure made my day a memorable one.

5+    8/22/2008   4/23/2009
Review By: trw83
This review was updated on 5/14/2009
Pros: First several holes alternate between uphill and downhill shots. There is one "bomber hole" and one dogleg right hole. Last half of the course is a mixture of decent downhill/uphill shots and one ridiculous hole where the pin is in a bunch of trees and not visible at all from the tee. Located right by the Community College, so it easy to get to.
Cons: No markers to direct you to pin location or next tee box. Pins are not numbered. Locating the tee boxes is almost impossible if you haven't played the course before since they are simply hardpacked dirt.

Course is only mowed once or twice in the summer. Grass grows quite high, making it very difficult to locate your disc if you don't track exactly where it goes.
Other Thoughts: I would recommend playing in late spring/early summer before grass gets too high. First time players will have difficulty navigating the course on their own. Some tees have steel posts next to them.

This course would MUCH improved by adding some concrete tees, markers directing you to pin/next tee box, and mowing the course more frequently. But, I don't forsee that happening.