Panama City, FL
Joe Moody Harris Park Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #1 (Taken 7/2010)

Short but fun couse

1    6/28/2013   6/29/2013
Review By: aclay
This review was updated on 7/15/2013
Pros: Great signs and tee pads for such a small, short course. Only one hole is longer than 250 feet, and five of the nine are under 200 feet. Well-defined flight paths (with some alternatives) except for No. 7.
Cons: Holes are too close together. My tee shot on No. 1 went through the No. 4 tee pad, and I birdied No. 1 with about a 20-foot putt. All holes are short, so there is not much variety. It's unlikely you'll need a driver.
Other Thoughts: No. 7 had basically no fairway. Just chuck it and hope. The locals apparently have designed a second 9, playing from dirt (but marked) tee areas to be able to play 18 with just 9 baskets. That might work for now because there doesn't appear to be much traffic. If the course ever got somewhat crowded, playing the 18 would be tough.

Decent short course

1    6/5/2013   6/5/2013
Review By: skottyb
Pros: Good lines to the basket on most holes, very beginner friendly type of course.

Great tee signs, baskets, and tee pads. Seems like overkill for the park but for what it is I can't complain.

Well maintained park, I did not see a piece of trash anywhere. My wife loved it because it was quick and easy to play. Easy navigation and a nice neighborhood.
Cons: Safety issues, some of the holes almost overlap, the tee pads in question could be trouble for an errant shot from another hole. When I say errant show I mean a 20' errant shot.

No distance shots, I went with a putter and a midrange because I knew what to expect from previous reviews. I pulled the mid (roc) out on one hole, hole 8 I believe and I used a putter for the rest of the round. No room to air it out.

Other Thoughts: A decent course, I haven't played any other courses in Florida so I wanted to make a quick stop while I was in PC visiting grandma. If I had more time I would play the alternates they have, the locals had seem to create their own back nine using different tee locations to the same baskets.

Not Worth the Time

1    8/31/2012   9/1/2012
Review By: bpartrid
Pros: Each hole is properly marked and has a layout so you know where to throw. The course is very short, so it is very easy for beginners to play and get some experience. The holes are very much ace-able and I saw many names signed on quite a few of the baskets (even the same person acing the same hole twice). The first 6 holes are very easy to birdie and then the last three are a little more difficult. Pro is you can play this 9 holes and then play Under The Oaks course only three miles away as a full 18 holes. Finally they have pretty good tee boxes and baskets.
Cons: Unfortunately there are many cons to this course. I am a little unsure why a short, short course was placed in this park as it does not lend to much for course obstacles. The whole course is very short and most players will not need much more than a midrange and/or putter. Also, the whole environment in the park seems pretty sketchy and I would definitely not take my future kid to this park. The course is way too easy and the last few holes are not well planned. The only tough transition in holes is from hole 6 to 7, as you need to continue down the road for at least one hundred yards. I don't want to bash this course too much but I would not come to this course unless you are planning to play both it and Under the Oaks.
Other Thoughts: The course is set up well, it just does not offer much besides throwing a Buzz disc. Overall I would go to Under the Oaks just a few miles away instead.

Joe Moody Park

2-4    6/22/2010   6/25/2010
Review By: sidearmer
This review was updated on 6/29/2010
Pros: Well, I suppose for beginners, this is a good place to start. The nine holes can be played with a mid-range and a putter...enough said. Any experienced player should birdie every hole out there...enough said on that too. It is a nice park...albeit in a rough location.
Cons: Way too cramped...just not enough room for a disc golf course. Hopefully no one is going to get hit in the head with a disc...as that is not good for disc golf in general. I find it hard to believe that in all of Bay County, another park was not available to place a course in???
Other Thoughts: I would be interested in speaking with the POC for this course, to see what the mood of the county is regarding disc golf. What about the land around Frank Brown park? Who is there to speak to in the county parks department? I will help...if there is real interest in doing this; I have helped build three courses. I gave the course a '2' because it is simply a putter course...no offense meant.