Panama City, FL
Joe Moody Harris Park Share
Uploaded By: Fling Hole #1 (Taken 7/2009)

Shady Acres

1    7/10/2014   7/10/2014
Review By: Jurd269
Pros: - Great use of the space, all holes centered around a central hub in the park
- Holes 1-6 offer a variety of finesse opportunities
- The grounds are in good shape and I didn't see a single piece of garbage in sight.
- Good, long, concrete tee pads
- Great beginner course
Cons: - Holes 7-9 were an afterthought, 7 in particular is ridiculous, there is no path to the basket, creative or otherwise
- The area was shady, see more below
- Short, no opportunity to let it rip
Other Thoughts: I was in Panama City for vacation with the wife and I ended up visiting this course for a quick 18 riding solo. Trust every review that says this course is in a rough part of town. I met a great group of local players that invited me to join their group; one pulled me aside to advise that he has personally seen people beaten down in gang-related violence at this park. Please, and I say PLEASE, do not visit this park alone. Always in a reasonable sized group.

1    3/11/2014   3/11/2014
Review By: ridestreet84
Pros: short course in a small park that uses the layout perfectly, great signage and great layout for what it is. Very short course with good lines for control work, easy to find the next hole
Cons: neighborhood seems shady, no room to really throw a huge throw, no fairway on 7 very full of trees but makes for a interesting challenge, narrow tunnel on 8, didn't look at the map and took a bit to find 7 after 6, went back and looked at the map and found it easily, seems like 7,8,9 where an afterthought
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course, went during midweek and was the only one out there, seems like some very interesting local lines can be made

Short but fun couse

1    6/28/2013   6/29/2013
Review By: aclay
This review was updated on 7/15/2013
Pros: Great signs and tee pads for such a small, short course. Only one hole is longer than 250 feet, and five of the nine are under 200 feet. Well-defined flight paths (with some alternatives) except for No. 7.
Cons: Holes are too close together. My tee shot on No. 1 went through the No. 4 tee pad, and I birdied No. 1 with about a 20-foot putt. All holes are short, so there is not much variety. It's unlikely you'll need a driver.
Other Thoughts: No. 7 had basically no fairway. Just chuck it and hope. The locals apparently have designed a second 9, playing from dirt (but marked) tee areas to be able to play 18 with just 9 baskets. That might work for now because there doesn't appear to be much traffic. If the course ever got somewhat crowded, playing the 18 would be tough.

Decent short course

1    6/5/2013   6/5/2013
Review By: skottyb
Pros: Good lines to the basket on most holes, very beginner friendly type of course.

Great tee signs, baskets, and tee pads. Seems like overkill for the park but for what it is I can't complain.

Well maintained park, I did not see a piece of trash anywhere. My wife loved it because it was quick and easy to play. Easy navigation and a nice neighborhood.
Cons: Safety issues, some of the holes almost overlap, the tee pads in question could be trouble for an errant shot from another hole. When I say errant show I mean a 20' errant shot.

No distance shots, I went with a putter and a midrange because I knew what to expect from previous reviews. I pulled the mid (roc) out on one hole, hole 8 I believe and I used a putter for the rest of the round. No room to air it out.

Other Thoughts: A decent course, I haven't played any other courses in Florida so I wanted to make a quick stop while I was in PC visiting grandma. If I had more time I would play the alternates they have, the locals had seem to create their own back nine using different tee locations to the same baskets.

Tweety Bird

1    12/20/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: swatso
Pros:
Most holes allow for different lines-of-attack.
Cons:
Hole-7 is more of a random event than a disc golf hole.
Course plays in a clockwise fashion underneath the scattered, mid-diameter trees of a small public park. Navigation is simple, and chance of disc loss is practically nil. The 5'x10' concrete tees and signs are (nice) overkill for such a short and compact course.

With holes ranging from 171'-255', and an average of 212', this course is entirely about control. Other than where-is-the-fairway #7, and hallway #8, only a few trees need to be avoided on each hole, and even being deflected by one will typical allow for a reasonable par-save approach. While the tee signs might suggest a "standard" line to the basket, right-turning holes 1, 4, 7, and 9 also had narrow-but-shorter left-turn options from the tee.

A fun, quick play, quite suitable for beginners, with every hole being a birdy opportunity for experienced players.

Woods

1    10/17/2012   10/29/2012
Review By: tonyreynol
Pros: Lot's of trees and obstacles. Nice basket and decent cement tee pads
Cons: This is a heavily wooded course on all holes; so be ready. The challenge was more not hitting a tree than choosing discs and shot shapes.
Other Thoughts: If you're a true disc golfer, it's the only real decent option in the area.

Not Worth the Time

1    8/31/2012   9/1/2012
Review By: bpartrid
Pros: Each hole is properly marked and has a layout so you know where to throw. The course is very short, so it is very easy for beginners to play and get some experience. The holes are very much ace-able and I saw many names signed on quite a few of the baskets (even the same person acing the same hole twice). The first 6 holes are very easy to birdie and then the last three are a little more difficult. Pro is you can play this 9 holes and then play Under The Oaks course only three miles away as a full 18 holes. Finally they have pretty good tee boxes and baskets.
Cons: Unfortunately there are many cons to this course. I am a little unsure why a short, short course was placed in this park as it does not lend to much for course obstacles. The whole course is very short and most players will not need much more than a midrange and/or putter. Also, the whole environment in the park seems pretty sketchy and I would definitely not take my future kid to this park. The course is way too easy and the last few holes are not well planned. The only tough transition in holes is from hole 6 to 7, as you need to continue down the road for at least one hundred yards. I don't want to bash this course too much but I would not come to this course unless you are planning to play both it and Under the Oaks.
Other Thoughts: The course is set up well, it just does not offer much besides throwing a Buzz disc. Overall I would go to Under the Oaks just a few miles away instead.

A few trees

2-4    7/20/2011   7/21/2011
Review By: flyingdisc
Pros: Like previous reviews, plenty of shade.
Signs, baskets, and tee pads look new
Never seen the park crowded or busy
Clean
Cons: Not where you would expect a disc course
Short course on distance

Other Thoughts: Nice Par 3 course and really glad to have another course here in PC. The park is in the middle of a neighborhood but you wouldn't really know it from inside the park. The park is small but does have a small play area for kids and a covered picnic table. Holes 1-6 are not very difficult to score pars on, holes 7-9 gave me some problems since there are quite a few trees on the way to the basket. Granted I am not a pro, but for me I scored a 5 on each hole
7-9. IF you are in the area or visting the beach, come into town and give this course, and Under the Oaks, a try.

Fastest 9 Holes ever

2-4    7/10/2011   7/10/2011
Review By: MikeK
Pros: It's nice and shady, very easy to navigate, and in a pretty little park. It has a decent variety of shots for a 9-holer. In fact it is so shady I was able to play it on a 99 degree day in July at 2 PM and didn't even break a sweat on the first go around. There were no bugs and very little brush if any that might cut you up.
Cons: It's very short, and none of the holes are very memorable. There's no water holes and almost no OB. If you have to choose between this course and the one at Under the Oaks park nearby, play at Under the Oaks.
Other Thoughts: I played this course one under in less than 13 minutes my first round, then I thought, I can beat that! So I jogged it the second pass and finished 3 under in exactly 9 minutes, which is the fastest I have ever played 9 holes. Then I drove over to the course nearby (Under the Oaks park) and played 9 over there and that didn't take long either, in fact I played 2 rounds here, drove 4 miles, and then played one round at the Oaks in about an hour.

1    6/21/2011   6/28/2011
Review By: S.Cann
Pros: -Great use of land available

-Excellent discatchers and tee pads

-Absolutely amazing use of the space made available.

-Variety in shots to keep it interesting.

-Easily navigable
Cons: -Not a good area for a disc golf course. The park itself is great, but I saw quite a few shady characters in and around this park. A couple of them were yelling things at us...

-Some areas around baskets could have been more cleared

-Shorter course
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is an extremely fun 9-hole course in Panama City, FL. If it were in a better area, I would consider it one of the top 3 9-hole courses I've played. Tons of short holes to work on your midrange game and have some ace runs.