Collegedale, TN
Southern Adventist University DGC Share
Uploaded By: Cerealman Hole #5 (Taken 6/2009)
3 / 245ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #5 Basket: Beware of the stream in front of the basket.

5+    5/23/2013   5/23/2013
Review By: Spurgeonsigns
Pros: Southern Adventist DGC is definitely one of my favorites in the area. I play at least 2 rounds there weekly. On top of being a beautiful and relaxing location it has a wide variety of shots including a few over a flowing creek. The distances and challenges vary from just over 200' down a wooded path to 410' to a basket sitting a few feet from the creek. In my opinion Southern has all the diversity and challenges I like in a course.
Cons: Baskets for 6-8 are still out and have been for over 2 years. Teepads and signs are in, 2 of the 3 sleeves are in also but no baskets. We occasionally bring out portables for Wednesday doubles but usually just skip those holes on regular days. As soon as the new ballfields are complete those baskets are suppose to be replaced. Oh yeah, almost forgot about the signs on the teepads. Definitely need to be moved to the side.
Other Thoughts: Overall a great course. I'll continue to play regularly.

update on collegdale course

5+    7/21/2011   7/21/2011
Review By: chrishank
Pros: Course is set on a christian college campus. Well maintained and a variety of shots. It now also has a practice hole where hole one used to be at. It still has 14 holes tho. My favorite hole would probably hole 2. It goes down the hill and tucked behind a small section of woods. Very fun course and closest to my house so I play this one regulary.
Cons: Right now constuction has holes 6 through 9 out of commision. They are doing something with the baseball fields on other side of the creek. It is only suppose to be for 2 weeks tho. Also on hole 10 there is grass in the trench that is taller than me. Lol. I believe its due to the constuction as well. Also hole one does not have a teepad.
Other Thoughts: If you have not played this course in a while you will not know hole one has been changed. A practice hole, only 150, now takes the place of hole one. They moved hole one to the end of the tennis court. No teepad for it but it does have a sign.