Davidson, NC
Brackett's Bluff Share
Uploaded By: YonderScott Hole #13 (Taken 7/2009)
Hole #13 Basket. The creek ravine is about 10 ft deep, and the river is down a steep slope on the right side.

Not perfect......but realy close

1    3/21/2013   3/31/2013
Review By: HEATER
Pros:

This was the first Charlotte course we played on a whirlwind 4 day 10 course road trip. What a way to first experience Charlotte golf.

As soon as you get out of your car you can tell this is a very very special place to a lot of discgolfers. Donated tee pads, DIY projects on just about every hole. Gardens and maintained ponds.

Meticulous condition. The course really is spotless, unless you count the gnomes and other trinkets all over the property.

There are great benches on every tee (I think?)

The best paver tee pads I have ever encountered. Perfectly flat and large.

All the personalized trinkets all over the place felt like you were in someones disc golf living room.

So many great holes it is hard to remember them all.

Amazing tight lines carved out of some really hilly scenic countryside. There are some raised baskets here and there.

Really fast and really really fun greens including one (that you get to play twice!) that is perched at the top of a massive rock outcrop that has to be 25+ feet on the front face of it.

Met a couple friendly locals who opened up the small pro shop for us. It was equipped with snacks and drinks with a small but very current and adequate selection of plastic. We were invited to play in the weekly doubles and we were treated like a local
Cons:
I think I liked Brackett's the most out of my 4 some but still had some minor complaints.

It seems like all of my cons are as a result of the recent redesign.

There are some really busy places on this course. Baskets and tee pads can be really close to each other in some spots.

There are some shared baskets on holes on the front and back nine

There is a hole that you play twice. I think it is 2 and 10 but I may be mistaken.

There wasn't signs on every hole, but we played pretty early in the season and would bet they are all out by now.

When we played there was only a handful of golfers on the course but I could see long waits on busier days/league nights

Other Thoughts: If I was local this is where I would be spending my time golfing, helping out, and just hanging out.

The property has such an amazing vibe to it. Every bit of a "Must play" as all the other heavyweights in Charlotte.

Don't forget to leave the owner some cash for the privilege of playing here.