Davidson, NC
Brackett's Bluff Share
Uploaded By: YonderScott Hole #10 (Taken 7/2009)

Best private course played

5+    4/11/2016   2/18/2017
Review By: pearlybakerbest
Pros: Where to begin?
To start off it should be said that I am personal friends with some of the foremost members of the club which ultimately makes my review somewhat subjective (although I will try to be objective). Also should be noted I've not played that many private courses (maybe 5 or 6).
- The design is amazing here, with some of the best elevation usage and interesting (borderline gimmicky at times) pin placements I've seen anywhere (let alone a backyard).
- The heavily wooded holes (which are the majority) still play very fair with workable gaps and very forgiving rough in terms of disc locating (not par saving).
- Compared to other low land NC private courses it is hands down the best for design and overall atmosphere (and I've played DB's).
- The Brackett family are some of the nicest and most welcoming southerners I've met, never feeling like I didn't belong even though I am not a member or local, since I only play when visiting Charlotte (If I lived here membership would be a no-brainer). The clubhouse and course life are the stuff of movies and you will never be short on entertainment when you come here to play.
- This is the kind of course that makes you a better player, forcing you to hone your shot variety/selection and mental game (MJ routinely trouncing you in doubles is enough to make anyone strive to improve).
- One of the most unique courses ever built. period.
Cons: Stretching here
- Mob golf is pretty routine especially later in the day and weekends.
- The original layout is no more, which was super epic (an easy 5 discs) but Dave has done an amazing job with the more limited space (finger pointed at you land management officials) for the current layout and the course hasn't lost an ounce of its original character.
- Umm its hot in NC in the summer and the hilly terrain only makes this harder for a yankee to endure.
Other Thoughts: If you can get the chance to enjoy this course do it, you will not regret coming here.

Not perfect......but realy close

1    3/21/2013   3/31/2013
Review By: HEATER
Pros:

This was the first Charlotte course we played on a whirlwind 4 day 10 course road trip. What a way to first experience Charlotte golf.

As soon as you get out of your car you can tell this is a very very special place to a lot of discgolfers. Donated tee pads, DIY projects on just about every hole. Gardens and maintained ponds.

Meticulous condition. The course really is spotless, unless you count the gnomes and other trinkets all over the property.

There are great benches on every tee (I think?)

The best paver tee pads I have ever encountered. Perfectly flat and large.

All the personalized trinkets all over the place felt like you were in someones disc golf living room.

So many great holes it is hard to remember them all.

Amazing tight lines carved out of some really hilly scenic countryside. There are some raised baskets here and there.

Really fast and really really fun greens including one (that you get to play twice!) that is perched at the top of a massive rock outcrop that has to be 25+ feet on the front face of it.

Met a couple friendly locals who opened up the small pro shop for us. It was equipped with snacks and drinks with a small but very current and adequate selection of plastic. We were invited to play in the weekly doubles and we were treated like a local
Cons:
I think I liked Brackett's the most out of my 4 some but still had some minor complaints.

It seems like all of my cons are as a result of the recent redesign.

There are some really busy places on this course. Baskets and tee pads can be really close to each other in some spots.

There are some shared baskets on holes on the front and back nine

There is a hole that you play twice. I think it is 2 and 10 but I may be mistaken.

There wasn't signs on every hole, but we played pretty early in the season and would bet they are all out by now.

When we played there was only a handful of golfers on the course but I could see long waits on busier days/league nights

Other Thoughts: If I was local this is where I would be spending my time golfing, helping out, and just hanging out.

The property has such an amazing vibe to it. Every bit of a "Must play" as all the other heavyweights in Charlotte.

Don't forget to leave the owner some cash for the privilege of playing here.